This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by njx9
    someone give me a synopsis here... being in australia, i got to see a great rugby match on sunday instead of what appears to be one of the most atrocious performances by any playoff team this late in the season.

was our running game really that disgustingly bad, or did we just stop trying?

was jake as awful as it sounds? 21/30 doesn't sound too bad, but it looks like the interceptions very nearly killed us.

what the &*#^$* are we doing giving up that many points to oakland?

maybe most importantly, how do we score almost at will against a better steelers defense and then eke out victory against oakland?
    In the first qtr Plummer had two quick stupid INTs that led to the raiders going up 7-0. His other INT tho wasn't THAT bad as it was fourth down anyway and the guy intercepted beyond where we were and it woulda been turnover on downs. Still, Plummer's efficiency is very volatile at this point and it makes me uncomfortable. He did play much better in the second half and made some good short passes under pressure...

The running game was completely gone. I was thoroughly unimpressed. Last week was bad, this week was worse. TBell didn't play much (maybe the injury is bothering him?), and his replacement Nash was pretty much "unspectacular". Anyways, rivalry games should never be expected to be blowouts, but hey, whatevers, we got the WIN which is all that matters temporarily.

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

what happened to mike? i completely missed him on the injury report if he was there

Comment

Meadows also got the start over Foster.

Shanahan said he was just tinkering around to see what we had, in regards to that and with the backs. He's said both Bell and Foster have done good stuff, but the others earned that right.

Looks like our whole 2003 class sucked.

1 20 George Foster T Georgia
        2 19 Terry Pierce LB Kansas State
        4 11 Quentin Griffin RB Oklahoma
        4 17 Nicholas Eason DT Clemson
        4 31 Bryant McNeal DE Clemson
        5 22 Ben Claxton C Mississippi
        5 23 Adrian Madise WR Texas Christian
        6 21 Aaron Hunt DE Texas Tech
        7 13 Clint Mitchell DE Florida
        7 21 Ahmaad Galloway RB Alabama

Also, if he's not happy with Foster, Pears played like **** today, and Meadows wasn't even that great.

Tackle is now an early first-day need for us. . .
        Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

*refrains from dogging shanahan about his draft record*

Comment

bump

Comment

Shanahan wanted to trade back into the first for Maroney

I guess NJX and myself were wrong.

They wanted the kid bad.

Can you imagine?

Of course no team would, I mean those picks are worth as half as much as they are since they were future. . . but wow.

WOW.[/url]

Comment

i refuse to admit that anything printed in the rocky mountain news has any vague credibility.

on the other hand, at least it says nothing about us trying to take a TE in the first. and it doesn't look like any of the running backs we could get are worth a first for us (unless the skins are in position to get AD).

Comment

Any news on how Mike Bell is doing? It seemed like he had a great pre-season, but has tailed off.
                  The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

i refuse to admit that anything printed in the rocky mountain news has any vague credibility.

on the other hand, at least it says nothing about us trying to take a TE in the first. and it doesn't look like any of the running backs we could get are worth a first for us (unless the skins are in position to get AD).
                    What?

No, Krieger talked to Shanahan and said he wanted to get Maroney last year. . . by using future picks.

I believe this 100%.

I also think that if Lynch comes out, we'll have a legit shot at him. We have a lot of picks and players to trade. . . so we'll see.

Comment

Is Dumervil actually playing well or just geting worthless easy sacks?

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                        Is Dumervil actually playing well or just geting worthless easy sacks?
                        his first couple were debatable, but he's been fantastic since. then again, i didn't see the oakland game.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris

What?

No, Krieger talked to Shanahan and said he wanted to get Maroney last year. . . by using future picks.

I believe this 100%.

I also think that if Lynch comes out, we'll have a legit shot at him. We have a lot of picks and players to trade. . . so we'll see.
                          i'm just refusing to admit that i was wrong.

i'm also not sure how well lynch fits us. i'll need to try to tivo a cal game at some point and get a look at him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris

What?

I believe this 100%.

i'm just refusing to admit that i was wrong.

i'm also not sure how well lynch fits us. i'll need to try to tivo a cal game at some point and get a look at him.
                            I've watched several Cal games, and Lynch imo is overrated. Remember how good J.J. Arrington looked at Cal? Same thing w/Lynch in my opinion. If we get any rb, it should be Michael Bush... his stock might drop due to his injury if he wishes to declare for the draft... or we can wait to get Darren McFadden netxt year... the dude hits the hole with great power and with speed. He'd be perfect in our offense.

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

Lynch and Arrington can't even be comparable, and dude. . . Arrington is running behind a crappy line.

Lynch can run, catch hell even pass. He's an excellent fit for us.

Comment

i have to imagine lynch is more nfl ready than arrington. ignoring anything else, i think he's got much better size (5-11/217 vs. 5-9/220ish [apparently? arrington looked much smaller to me]).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information