Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i never saw anything verifiable in that rumor.

and yeah, i like scheff, we just didn't need to take marcedes lewis or leonard bloody pope in the first round. you have no idea (or maybe you do if you were lurking) how many times i had to argue with people about it.

Comment

• "Consider the source."

Let it go. At some point, you have to quit arguing with gramatically challenged individuals (I did not make an ebonics comment as that would be insensitive) and just let them sound off. Who cares, most people that are involved on this site, know who has an opinion that is worth their time to read, and who has an opinion that is worth skipping. Their opinion does not matter and we all know it so let it go.

As far as the draft, I look at Shanahan and while we have many needs, and little depth in few positions, I go back to the fact that he would not put in his starting running back in the 4th quarter. What does that make us think about the confidence the coach has in the starting RB. Do you really think we will go into the season with Mike Bell as our starter. Something has to give - that is my observation. I am not saying that we will draft a RB in 1st round, but something has to give.

Obviously both Offensive and Defensive line have to make changes, how many years have we said that to no avail, but I believe that RB is a priority to the coaching staff, and thus worth watching.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
        i never saw anything verifiable in that rumor.

and yeah, i like scheff, we just didn't need to take marcedes lewis or leonard bloody pope in the first round. you have no idea (or maybe you do if you were lurking) how many times i had to argue with people about it.
        Just about every thread njx9 I would see you saying something about the TE being a bad pick last year. It seems this year we're gonna have to complain in every thread about them giving us a cornerback. It really doesn't make sense to draft a nickleback in the first round.

Comment

• was anyone aware that we picked up teyo johnson???

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...8&storyID=6488

and too bad about eslinger, i still see him as the future at that center spot

Comment

• I think we should just look into FA for CB depth.I would love us getting Asante Samuel.

Comment

• Originally posted by elway777
              Asante Samuel.
              Any player that chooses to play opposite bailey is commiting career suicide. with the numbers asante put up this year, it would be a bad move for him. He has no reason to come here.. he put up 10 INTs, and he wants #1 corner money. if he wants to come here, sweet, but we would have to pay him a lot, and he would get picked on a lot more, and his play would diminish with bailey on the other side.

Id love to have him.. it just wouldnt be a good move on his part

Comment

• http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...278527,00.html

The Broncos and Johnson have agreed in principle and Johnson could be formally announced as soon as Monday as a new Broncos defensive line coach.
                Good hire.

Falcons defense end Patrick Kerney, who will be an unrestricted free agent in March, has said publicly the Falcons retaining Johnson would be one of the factors he would consider before re-signing in Atlanta.

The Broncos hiring Johnson could give them a chance in free agency at Kerney at what is a need position for the team.
                That could be an even bigger hire, if he gets Kerney to follow him.

Comment

• Originally posted by M
                  Let it go. At some point, you have to quit arguing with gramatically challenged individuals (I did not make an ebonics comment as that would be insensitive) and just let them sound off. Who cares, most people that are involved on this site, know who has an opinion that is worth their time to read, and who has an opinion that is worth skipping. Their opinion does not matter and we all know it so let it go.
                  taking the high road? hmmm... i'll have to consider it. it would be breaking with habit. :|

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver
                    Falcons defense end Patrick Kerney, who will be an unrestricted free agent in March, has said publicly the Falcons retaining Johnson would be one of the factors he would consider before re-signing in Atlanta.

The Broncos hiring Johnson could give them a chance in free agency at Kerney at what is a need position for the team.
                    wow, great catch. tell me about kerney? is he still worth the money it would take to sign him? i don't recall hearing you guys talk about him much, but i may have just skimmed past it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy
                      Originally posted by elway777
                      Asante Samuel.
                      Any player that chooses to play opposite bailey is commiting career suicide. with the numbers asante put up this year, it would be a bad move for him. He has no reason to come here.. he put up 10 INTs, and he wants #1 corner money. if he wants to come here, sweet, but we would have to pay him a lot, and he would get picked on a lot more, and his play would diminish with bailey on the other side.

asante samuel will end up costing far more than we can really pay a #2 corner. we should be looking to target some of the second tier guys, randall gay, nick harper, whoever we can get for a lower contract. i believe that foxworth can be a solid #2 and, honestly, i'd like to see paymah get a chance at nickel. i sort of believe in grabbing a 6th round guy (assuming there is not outstanding value at the position in the 3rd or 5th round) and signing a couple of UDFAs to fight it out in training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy
                        Originally posted by elway777
                        Asante Samuel.

asante samuel will end up costing far more than we can really pay a #2 corner. we should be looking to target some of the second tier guys, randall cool, nick harper, whoever we can get for a lower contract. i believe that foxworth can be a solid #2 and, honestly, i'd like to see paymah get a chance at nickel. i sort of believe in grabbing a 6th round guy (assuming there is not outstanding value at the position in the 3rd or 5th round) and signing a couple of UDFAs to fight it out in training camp.

personally i'd love a shot at a guy like ike walt harris, or at least someone who plays like him... i miss lenny walls, some may not want him back in dever, but you cant deny the fact that with him being that big, we have two advantages at the CB spot

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver

wow, great catch. tell me about kerney? is he still worth the money it would take to sign him? i don't recall hearing you guys talk about him much, but i may have just skimmed past it.

He is a classic high motor, relentless worker. Our Atlanta 49ers' coaching staff, compared his work ethic to Jerry Rice. He has been very durable, well, at least until this year. This year he was hurt all year. He is also aging, just turned thirty. He is two years removed from a thirteen sack, pro bowl season.

Comment

• word... i like it. and with injury history he might be a bit cheaper...

Comment

• Any chance we do something like draft a kicker (think Crosby from CU), as we know Elam is not getting any younger? He also kicks off on a regular basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by M
                                Any chance we do something like draft a kicker (think Crosby from CU), as we know Elam is not getting any younger? He also kicks off on a regular basis.
                                I would love for him to come... espeically to stay up in altitude. Problem is that this guy is not going past the second round. With all of our needs, do we really want to use that high of a pick on him?

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information