X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimmy
    Originally posted by rcpbawler
    So what do you guys think about the Carriker/Wilson picks that Scott gave us?

I'm fairly sure most will agree that Carriker isn't the pick we need. But, I'm not going to lie, while I don't think it's a pressing need, Wilson doesn't seem that bad too me.

I really just think you have problems when David Kircus is your punt return man.
    David Kircus is our fastest reciever. I would prefer a speedy guy back there anyways. I think the soultion is to draft a DT. I dont agree with the Carriker pick because frankly, I am not impressed with him and I don't like him, and I think that we have more pressing needs at Offensive Tackle and Defensive Tackle. We need a really good DT, and a good LT to back up Lepsis. I would kill for Joe Thomas. Think about it, 75% of first round picks turn out to be above average players, we need an above average player at DT right now more than we do at DE.

Yeah... I would scream at my television if Carriker were to be our pick. 300 pound DE? Did we convert to 3-4 or something? :?

I agree that Thomas is a beast... but that would cost quite a bit to trade up for. And if we were trading that far up, I would absolutely love Alan Branch.

But all of that's a reach, at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by rcpbawler
      Originally posted by Jimmy

I'm fairly sure most will agree that Carriker isn't the pick we need. But, I'm not going to lie, while I don't think it's a pressing need, Wilson doesn't seem that bad too me.

I really just think you have problems when David Kircus is your punt return man.
      David Kircus is our fastest reciever. I would prefer a speedy guy back there anyways. I think the soultion is to draft a DT. I dont agree with the Carriker pick because frankly, I am not impressed with him and I don't like him, and I think that we have more pressing needs at Offensive Tackle and Defensive Tackle. We need a really good DT, and a good LT to back up Lepsis. I would kill for Joe Thomas. Think about it, 75% of first round picks turn out to be above average players, we need an above average player at DT right now more than we do at DE.

Yeah... I would scream at my television if Carriker were to be our pick. 300 pound DE? Did we convert to 3-4 or something? :?

I agree that Thomas is a beast... but that would cost quite a bit to trade up for. And if we were trading that far up, I would absolutely love Alan Branch.

too bad this isnt madden...
      i could like... turn the trade deadline thing off and week 17 trade up to #1 for free.
      Which is funny, because i was just playing madden and it was funny. Any thing can happen. I ended Shawne Merrimans career. Haha Cutler Threw a cut block. Haha, i find sadistic irony in that. Laugh with me. Anyways, yeah, complete ACL tear. like i said...

too bad madden cant be real life.

Comment

too bad this isnt madden...

Which is funny, because i was just playing and it was funny. Any thing can happen. I ended Shawne Merrimans career. Haha Cutler Threw a cut block. Haha, i find sadistic irony in that. Laugh with me. Anyways, yeah, complete ACL tear. like i said...

too bad madden cant be real life.
        QFT.

I lead the league in sacks and had a defense where the lowest starter was 89 on Madden.

Plus I drafted Calvin Johnson AND AD. Not to mention Crosby, who makes 57 yarders easy in practice non-wind aided.

Edit: Oh, and I traded Plummer for a first, second and third

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• i'm interested to see whether coyer can get the bucs pass rush working with a similar talent level.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
            i'm interested to see whether coyer can get the bucs pass rush working with a similar talent level.
            thats a good point. i was never a huge coyer fan. but still a huge kubes fan
            . i still think he is the reason that we didnt have a great running game this year

Comment

• Hey guys....

Could you give me a rough estimate of Bailey's contract....not because I think he can get traded, but because I want to see if I can get an idea of what it will take to bring in Asante Samuel.
              Originally posted by Paul
              Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
              Originally posted by Vikes99ej
              These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• As an SC fan I sure wish we would've pursued Steve Sarkisian to be our QB coach. He would have fit perfectly into our scheme.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number 10
                  Hey guys....

Could you give me a rough estimate of Bailey's contract....not because I think he can get traded, but because I want to see if I can get an idea of what it will take to bring in Asante Samuel.
                  he signed a 7 year deal worth 63 million. Not sure how much is left.

Comment

• Champ Bailey 2006 salary $13,507,625

Comment

• I was actully looking at us taking Quentin Moses over Carriker anyway - just has more potential to succeed, or bust, which is the joy/problem.

I would prefer to take Michael Bush in the second round but I think he will be gone early 2nd round or even late first- how about Brandon Meriweather falling to the 2nd round to us due to Character concerns? I doubt he will fall that far as some have projected him in the third round, but one never knows, and could see him going ahead of both Michael Griffin and Eric Weddle (behind LaRon Landry and right around Reggie Nelson - both in the late teens/early 20's).

I still think Marcus Thomas (DT) is a steal for some team next year in 3rd or 4th round, along with Kyle Young the Center from Fresno St.

I would request now that we arrange to have UFA Romance Taylor RB Texas come into camp and be our starting PR/KR player. I do not know if he will be invited to the combine, but I belive he is eligible and I have no idea what he is doing but this kid had talent - just another immature kid unfortunately.

Thoughts anyone?

Comment

• yeah i would kill for ramonce taylor. but idk, quincy morgan was a beast on kick returns, mind you he had only 17, and took over like week 14, but he averaged 25.4 a return. That N.C. State kid just blew.

Comment

yeah i would kill for ramonce taylor. but idk, quincy morgan was a beast on kick returns, mind you he had only 17, and took over like week 14, but he averaged 25.4 a return. That N.C. State kid just blew.
                          Well, since Ramonce would be a UDFA/Late round pick, it wouldn't cost anything to have him and Morgan fight it out.

I also really like the idea of Marcus Thomas, hopefully he falls to our third.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisCybulski
                            yeah i would kill for ramonce taylor. but idk, quincy morgan was a beast on kick returns, mind you he had only 17, and took over like week 14, but he averaged 25.4 a return. That N.C. State kid just blew.
                            Well, since Ramonce would be a UDFA/Late round pick, it wouldn't cost anything to have him and Morgan fight it out.

I also really like the idea of Marcus Thomas, hopefully he falls to our third.
                            shanahan is as strict as more than most people about character issues.

Comment

• he's what?

i don't see shanny taking a flyer on a guy with major character flaws (these are clearly not just issues) after clarett. he's already bombed in free agency with dale carter and daryl gardner.

i suspect that if, say, meriweather were there in the late 7th, shanny might think the risk was so minimal as to be worth it. i highly doubt he does something like taking him in the 2nd. in fact, it wouldn't surprise me to not see us draft a safety at all, especially if cornerback talent in the 3rdish is decent and shanny think foxworth can be left at S.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                                he's what?

i don't see shanny taking a flyer on a guy with major character flaws (these are clearly not just issues) after clarett. he's already bombed in free agency with dale carter and daryl gardner.
                                i guess your right, i mean i hadn't really thought about it, i am so used to hearing people say "we won't take a chance, shanahan doesnt like character issues." But when you get to the grand scheme of things, Gardner, Clarett and Dale Carter arent exactly pretty boys

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information