Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i wonder how meaningful that is come draft day... iirc, we didn't even talk to cutler. actually, i don't recall us heavily scouting anyone we've taken first... here's crossing my fingers.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
      i wonder how meaningful that is come draft day... iirc, we didn't even talk to cutler. actually, i don't recall us heavily scouting anyone we've taken first... here's crossing my fingers.
      Yeah, I don't think anybody from the organization even said a word to him.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Bump?

Comment

• wtf we havent had a meaningful post here in a day and a half. why is this thread so empty.

let me take some initiative and say that i would love to nail a guy like Robert Meachem, or Johnnie Lee Higgins, because I belive they would serve Lelie's old role and go deep a lot, and draw some attention, allow Marshall and Walker to catch a lot more balls (on a consistent basis, assuming we are running with 3 WRS on a 2nd or 3rd and long) Obviously, walker would see a decrease in his yard per catch, but he would have more catches[/u]

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy
            wtf we havent had a meaningful post here in a day and a half. why is this thread so empty.

let me take some initiative and say that i would love to nail a guy like Robert Meachem, or Johnnie Lee Higgins, because I belive they would serve Lelie's old role and go deep a lot, and draw some attention, allow Marshall and Walker to catch a lot more balls (on a consistent basis, assuming we are running with 3 WRS on a 2nd or 3rd and long) Obviously, walker would see a decrease in his yard per catch, but he would have more catches[/u]

Is Rod Smith retiring then? Or did he already?

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisCybulski
              Originally posted by Jimmy
              wtf we havent had a meaningful post here in a day and a half. why is this thread so empty.

Is Rod Smith retiring then? Or did he already?
              idk im just making assumptions, but smith wont win the #2 job, and if he does we are in serious, serious ****. He might have trouble cracking a 5 second 40 these days

Comment

• Any thoughts on the FA market and the Broncos. I guess we are around 7 million under the cap but if we get rid of Plummer . . . thoughts? I have made it clear I would like to package Lynch in the deal as I an not a big fan of his (if you think Rod Smith is slow look at Lynch).

A DE or OL would be a nice FA pickup.

Comment

• Originally posted by M
                  Any thoughts on the FA market and the Broncos. I guess we are around 7 million under the cap but if we get rid of Plummer . . . thoughts? I have made it clear I would like to package Lynch in the deal as I an not a big fan of his (if you think Rod Smith is slow look at Lynch).

A DE or OL would be a nice FA pickup.
                  i think a good WR, DE, DT or RT would be great... we cant really draft for a RT...
                  but we need to toss Plummer Obv, although idk what type of hit our cap takes.. can someone explain cap hits to me? and we also need to get rid of foster, because he sucks and is playing with a rd 1 contract...

maybe lynch

Comment

• Foster will not be released as he only makes $735k in base salary in '07. You will not have any savings from cutting the guy and you cannot replace a guy that knows the system for that cheap. Trade him if you can get value but I doubt you will.

Do not know Plummers details off the top of my head.

As far as free agents - think Atlanta:
                    If the Falcons don't put the franchise tag on defensive end Patrick Kerney, the Broncos might seriously consider him. He would fit in Denver for several reasons.

Kerney is a solid pass-rusher, one of the Broncos' biggest needs. He has 58 career sacks in eight NFL seasons. Kerney has played most of his career under defensive line coach Bill Johnson, who is now an assistant on Denver's staff.

Johnson's presence could be attractive for Kerney if the lineman gets into free agency.

As far as Jamal Lewis from Baltimore - I doubt he will not get resigned at the last minute, just like before as you recall when he was scheduled to get on a plane to visit Denver - the Ravens signed him at the airport.

As far as restructuring contracts I hear we are considering restructuring Rod Smith, Ebenezer Ekuban and Kenard Lang, possibly Gerard Warren.

I think Kubiac will not trade for Plummer, as he knows Plummers limitations and besides, why trade for him when we are not going to keep him at that price - wait for us to cut plummer before Roster bonus hits and then acquire Plummer for nothing in exchange, just pay his new contract.

(This is why the NBA with guaranteed contracts is miserable - no incentive to perform unless last year of contract and no penalty for dogging it, being out of shape and underachieving.)

Comment

• iirc, we're about 8 under. cutting plummer prior to june 1st nets something like a 9 million dollar charge against (putting us one million over).

i'm looking for Gold to be restructured or cut (last year he was our fourth highest paid player, in terms of cap numbers, and he was NOT our fourth best player), rod smith to restructure (unless he's hell bent on retiring elsewhere), at least some part of ekuban, engelberger, warren and lang to be cut or restructured (they all made FAR too much money to be as ineffective as they were) and possibly nalen/lepsis to restructure.

bluntly, we are basically not in the market for any big name guys (kerney's coach being here could lower his price tag enough, or we could cut 2/3 of the DEs i listed above to sign him) but it seems that you can pretty much rule out any player who's name you recognize for this season. which is probably ok. the only guys i'd want at all are freeney and kerney (as of right now) and i highly doubt freeney hits the market.

Comment

• this thread just keeps dying. it's almost not worth ressurecting.

Comment

• To start the discussion, what does everyone think we'll do with #21? I'd like to see us trade down with the Jets for their two seconds, then try to pick up Griffin, Crowder, and Mebane in round 2. Trading for a mid-2nd and a 1st next year would be an option, too. I don't think the talent we'll be picking from at 21 will be that much different from that in the mid-2nd, at least at our positions of need (DL, S, WR, RB).

The only players I'd look to trade up for would be Carriker (as long as it only cost one of our 3rds), Anderson or Adams (if one falls to the 11-15 range).

Comment

• i doubt we trade down (as our tendency is to move up for a guy we want). i sort of look for us to make a move up to 15-18 (hopefully to grab a DT) on draft day, when someone shanny loves inevitably falls into that range. but i think it really depends on the combine. if all the DL move themselves way up, and the WRs are gone and Lynch is gone, i could see a trade down. that's a lot of ifs though.

Comment

• The problem is, Okoye and Branch are really the only two DT's that should be gone before 21 and they'll probably go top 10. DE is the same way, with Anderson and Adams likely gone in the top 10 as well. That leaves Carriker, who may creap up close to that range, too. After that, you're looking at Tank Tyler or a DE like Jarvis Moss, neither of which excite me too much. I'm not a huge Lynch fan, either. Talent's there but he never really was dominant when I watched him play.

Comment

• yeah, i'm not as high on lynch as some of the guys here (chris), but i think a solution is necessary at RB and i just don't like any of the talent after lynch.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information