Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a couple of guys I wouldn't mind, like Jackson, Pittman, Hunt, or Gary Russell, but the real talent will come out next year. There's three or four guys next year who could rank higher than Lynch and there's good depth as well. I'd rather wait one more year.

Comment

• What round do you guys like to see Denver draft a O-Tackle?

I'd love to get Ugoh in the late 3rd if he were to be available. Joe Staley would be great too, though he's probably a 2nd rounder and Denver has more pressing needs.

Comment

• 2nd-4th, i doubt the talent is available in the first, but lepsis's injury affected the team too much for me to believe this isn't a top 3 need (especially if the guy has the ability to play either tackle, in case meadows cant' get it done next year).

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
          2nd-4th, i doubt the talent is available in the first, but lepsis's injury affected the team too much for me to believe this isn't a top 3 need (especially if the guy has the ability to play either tackle, in case meadows cant' get it done next year).

Thanks, so who do you view matches these qualifications while being in the 2-4 range?

Also would you approve of Denver drafting Joe Staley around the 2-3 round range if a D-lineman is already picked in the first?

Comment

• i'll be honest, i just haven't had a chance to really look at individual prospects yet... unfortunately this year i was on a plane for the senior bowl, which is when i tend to start to really look at guys. at this point, i'd say i'm not massively particular about the guys as long as the position gets addressed somehow (i'm not opposed to signing someone, as long as he still has some years left).

Comment

• just fyi, if anyone's interested, the donkeys are still unmanned in the next forum mock thing.

Comment

• what do you guys think about Denver and Kerney, i mean i know most of you have expressed your interest to a high level, but do we really have the cap, and do we need an aging D-lineman who was on the IR?

i guess you could argue that he is in the same situation as Pryce was, not as severe injury wise, but aging, but possibly still great

Comment

• Need some help Broncos fans...I'm at your pick in my mock.

I know that D-line is a big need for them..but in my mock all the best D-line prospects are gone so far (Anderson, Adams, Branch, Carriker, Okoye, and Charles Johnson even)

that leaves you with guys like Moss, Abiamiri at DE, and Pitcock, Tyler, and Harrell at DT.

Who would be the best pick in that situation?

*edit ok I want to give them Jarvis Moss, but at 260 lbs I'm not sure he can be an every down DE. Another Bronco fan told me that they could really use a DT that can get a push on the interior...so I kind of want to give you DeMarcus Tyler.

Comment

• DT or HB seem to be the obvious picks. if literally every 1st round worthy DT and HB was gone, WR is probably the next most likely pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                      DT or HB seem to be the obvious picks. if literally every 1st round worthy DT and HB was gone, WR is probably the next most likely pick.
                      DT is much needed *if* they can help collapse the pocket on passing downs.

I like OL better than WR as the "3rd need" , assuming a decent prospect is available. Strengthing the line is critical to giving our young skill players the chance they need to succeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy
                        what do you guys think about Denver and Kerney, i mean i know most of you have expressed your interest to a high level, but do we really have the cap, and do we need an aging D-lineman who was on the IR?
                        I'm not sure about the cap space, but I'd certainly like to see it happen. He's got a motor and can rush the passer. Yes, he is aging and has been injured, but we do have some depth on the DL to keep a decent rotation.

Our draft position is not favorable to getting immediate help on the DL. The really good prospects will likely be gone and I suspect the remaining pool won't be 1st round material. Unless the team is planning on trading up, this is further incentive to look to the market for help.

i guess you could argue that he is in the same situation as Pryce was, not as severe injury wise, but aging, but possibly still great
                        Pryce worked out pretty well for Baltimore...

Comment

• god, diehard im starting to have trouble distinguishing our posts... (see avitar)

Comment

• what kind of defense do you run is it a traditonal 43 or a cover 2 43?

Comment

• Is it a traditional 4-3. If they had more pressure generated along the line the idea would be to switch to a Cover 2. They havn't had the necessary personnel along the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diehard
                                I like OL better than WR as the "3rd need" , assuming a decent prospect is available. Strengthing the line is critical to giving our young skill players the chance they need to succeed.
                                i absolutely whole heartedly agree, i just don't see it as a likely pick. :|

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information