This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ravens1991
    what kind of defense do you run is it a traditonal 43 or a cover 2 43?
    4-3

bailey would be wasted in any standard cover 2 scheme.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
      i absolutely whole heartedly agree, i just don't see it as a likely pick. :|
      I agree, unless one of the blue chip OL prospects falls a lot further down the chart than anticipated (slim chance of that, given how desperate some teams are for OL help).

The #21 spot is a tough one to address the primary team needs (DL, RB, OL). I certainly don't like some of the reach picks I've seen in various mocks - I'd rather have real first round talent even if it fills a lesser need like S or WR.

Comment

• yup.

i find it hard to believe we'll actually pick at 21 (barring some seriously bizarre draft day happenings), so i think somepalce in the 15-18 range we'll be able to find someone who fills a major need position and whose value is right.

i just don't want to see us do something like trade up for ginn.

Comment

• i dont think shanahan sees anything in ginn but a very very poor mans lelie.... so he can return, something we need, but he is only a deep threat and cant run routes.

Comment

• see, the return bit scares me. it's the only reason he took deltha and middlebrooks so high.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
              see, the return bit scares me. it's the only reason he took deltha and middlebrooks so high.
              oh god, i forgot about middlebrooks...

i would least be happy with a guy that runs decent routes and can return...

(that is not Ginn)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy
                i would least be happy with a guy that runs decent routes and can return...
                Nice thing about that is it would kill two birds with one stone - addressing our horrible KR situation and depth at WR to compensate for Rod Smith's decline.

This is something the Broncos can look at in the 3rd round IMO.

Comment

• i agree. if you're not going to get CJ, i like the mid-draft talent as better value. guys like williams and higgins would work for me (if they're around in the 2nd or early 3rd), assuming DL is addressed in the first.

Comment

• damn u guys are lucky....u defintaly have the quarterback of your future

found this on the broncos website

FINAL ANALYSIS:Cutler became the first rookie in NFL history with multiple touchdown passes in each of his first four games … Had the fifth-highest passer rating of quarterbacks who had at least 125 passes (25.0 per game) from Dec. 1 onward; his 88.5 rating was behind only Indianapolis’ Peyton Manning (102.6), St. Louis’ Marc Bulger (93.4), New Orleans’ Drew Brees (91.8) and New England’s Tom Brady (90.1) … Cutler’s nine touchdown passes in December were third in the league behind Bulger and Manning, who each fired 10; his touchdown percentage (6.6 percent) was second in the league among quarterbacks to start all five games in December, behind only Atlanta’s Michael Vick … His completion percentage (59.1), touchdown percentage and passer rating rank first all-time among Broncos rookies; his yardage per attempt places him second in team rookie annals.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason/...ht-jay-cutler/
                    Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

• Plummer to Houston?

"David Carr will be traded, and Jake Plummer will be the Texans quarterback next season. Plummer will compete with Sage Rosenfels and a rookie Gary Kubiak wants to develop."
                      -- Houston Chronicle
                      http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ml?eref=si_nfl

Just saw this article and I'm not sure how reliable this information is, but sounds pretty good, especially if we can get a decent draft pick for Jake.(based on performance?)

Comment

• If Houston do pick up Jake, I seriously hope they protect him better than they did Carr. Carr has put up pretty decent numbers considering his swiss-cheese OL - I hope he gets a chance elsewhere to show what he can do with some protection.

... and yes, we'll happily take some of Houston's picks in return for Jake... they'd just waste them anyway

Comment

• If we do trade Jake, I think the only way we'll get value from him is to package him with our pick(s) to move up. If we could trade our 1, 2, and Plummer for Houston's 1, or our 2nd and Plummer for Houston's 2, we'd be getting high-3rd round value for him, and I really don't think either of those trades are too far off (we may have to throw in a late rounder to make it work, but it's still a trade in our favor). If Jake's traded straight-up for a pick, I don't think we get higher than a 4th.

Comment

• Jake - I think if we get rid of him it will be a three way trade (possibly with the Texans Chicago Minn or Washington). I think it will be a package trade.

Anybody else not disappointed that San Diego has a tougher schedule next year and lost both their co-ordinators and Marty is in his last year unless he wins superbowl. They have so much talent I will take every advantage I can get.

Most people on this site agree no CB with first round pick - so who do you want us to take in the first two rounds?

Alan Branch could fall with bad combine numbers - he is slow but very strong, especially with Amobi Okoye clearly the first DT to be taken otherwise it could be Lynch or who ever falls from DE Gaines Adams, Adam Carriker, Jamaal Anderson (if any). Personally I would be very happy if Reggie Nelson somehow fell to us (even though I think he will be as possibley the first Safety taken around the 10 - 15 spot.

Second round I could see us taking Bush as a big bruising back with great vision (he would work well with Tatum for a change of pace) or I will just keep looking for Brandon Meriweather to fall for character issues but Cincy will pick him up ahead of us in 2nd.

Ultimately we will know more after the combine.

Comment

• i really dont care what we do with plummer, as long as we move on draft day, i dont like sitting at that #21

Comment

• Originally posted by M
                                Alan Branch could fall with bad combine numbers - he is slow but very strong, especially with Amobi Okoye clearly the first DT to be taken otherwise it could be Lynch or who ever falls from DE Gaines Adams, Adam Carriker, Jamaal Anderson (if any). Personally I would be very happy if Reggie Nelson somehow fell to us (even though I think he will be as possibley the first Safety taken around the 10 - 15 spot.

Second round I could see us taking Bush as a big bruising back with great vision (he would work well with Tatum for a change of pace) or I will just keep looking for Brandon Meriweather to fall for character issues but Cincy will pick him up ahead of us in 2nd.

Ultimately we will know more after the combine.
                                Actually, Branch is the consenous #1 DT at this point. He's projected to go in the 3-7 range, where Okoye probably goes 10-12. That is subject to change based on Combine/interviews, though. Carriker is the only one who realistically has a shot at falling to 21, and I'd love to have him there. As for Bush, I'll pass. The injury is just healing too slowly and I'm not a fan of the huge backs.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information