This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
    The more I think about it, if we trade up to 6, I'd rather take Landry or Adams, maybe Anderson. I'm not impressed with Branch or Okoye really, and neither will contribute much their rookie year anyways. I think we could do well picking up a DT in rounds 2 and 3.

The real question is if AD falls to 6, do we HAVE to take him?

Comment

• Originally posted by elway777 View Post
      The real question is if AD falls to 6, do we HAVE to take him?
      Interesting... I think it would be awfully hard for Shanny to resist. A potential franchise back doesn't come along every day... and the way the team is improving right now, we're going to be picking in the lower half of the draft order for the forseeable future.

However, in terms of value, I still think you could go defense.

Comment

• If we trade up and can get Carriker or Adams, take them and look at McBean or Marcus Thomas in the 2nd.

If we can't get one of those stud DE's but have still traded up, we should almost certainly get Okoye.

However, I will be very happy if we stay where we are and take Demarcus Tyler. (See other stud DT with Tank as nickname... 2nd rounder for the Bears, despite his legal issues, a stud of a player! And Demarcus will be as well)

Actually, if I am playing GM, I am trading the whiney Bly right now for a high second. Packaging my first and a few third round picks and moving up to get Carriker in the first. Taking my high second I get for Bly and getting Demarcus Tyler. Two stud defensive lineman who get instant pressure on the QB is more valuable then ANY CB. And while Bly is better then Foxworth... Bly is not better in covering for 4 seconds then Foxworth is in covering for 3 seconds!

Comment

• Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
          The more I think about it, if we trade up to 6, I'd rather take Landry or Adams, maybe Anderson. I'm not impressed with Branch or Okoye really, and neither will contribute much their rookie year anyways. I think we could do well picking up a DT in rounds 2 and 3.
          If you don't want one of the top tier DTs or a RBs, then there's very little reason to pay the price to trade up to 6. If you want a pass rush DE or safety, I suspect there will be a solid prospect available at 21.

Comment

• Originally posted by A4Qxxx View Post
            However, I will be very happy if we stay where we are and take Demarcus Tyler. (See other stud DT with Tank as nickname... 2nd rounder for the Bears, despite his legal issues, a stud of a player! And Demarcus will be as well)
            Hell, we could probably trade down and still get Tank Tyler at the end of the first / top of the second. Perhaps a swap with Detroit or Cleveland to give them multiple first rounders.

Comment

• I would be a fan of trading up for Okoye at DT.
              But if we trade up and get Adams or Carriker, terrific! They are far better then any DE's we will land at 21.

I don't know how it can be done yet... (trading Bly to get one of those DE's and one of the top two DT's)

But this is my wish list, one of each:
              DE-
              Adams
              Carriker

DT-
              Okoye
              Tank Tyler
              Ryan McBean
              Marcus Thomas

I do not believe any other DE on the board will be able to play from day one. (Well Anderson will, but not a big fan). But I do believe any of those four DT's will out perform Wilkinson and Veal to start immediately. Therefore, trade up for a DE, and get one of those 4 - DT later.

Comment

• This is why our Front Office Pisses me off. We go out and spend 30 Million on a Tight end who wont catch more than 40-50 passes. And thats asking a lot compared to his previous numbers. Basicly we spent the money on a blocking TE. Might as well spend 5 Million on a Long Snapper. And why would we do this? Scheffler might loose his starting job, and if he does, there goes a TE that could have been and was on his way to being great. And If scheffler wins, well... ****.. We're paying our Backup Tight-end 6 Million dollars a year. This might be one of the dumbest moves from a financial standpoint. I would have rather seen us blow the money on kerney and give him 8 million a year over 4 years or something. We needed to adress WR, OL, and DL, and we get some washed up 34 year old DT and Montrae Dutchland.

Things could be worse. We got Travis Henry and we're not Oakland.
                Still
                Last edited by Jimmy; 03-07-2007, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• NJX, you sound angry.

I never said Okoye and Branch won't beat out Veal and Wilkinson... they would, but so will any DT taken in the second or third round!

However, Lang and Ekuban are garbage. I never recall them putting a OT on his @$$ or speed rushing around the edge and getting to the QB before he can get to his third step. Maybe half of those lofty sack totals (1 every other game) is a coverage sack? Where Champ and Darrent had things locked down and it allowed Lang or Ekuban the 5 seconds they needed to tire an OT out with their patty cake games.
                  They are garbage!

And after the top three DE's most are garbage as well. That is why I say you take an Blue Chip DE early and not DT.

Drafting an "A" - DE in the first and a "B" - DT in the second makes a hell of a lot more sense to me then an "A"- DT in the first and a "C" - DE in the second.

Carriker and Tyler doesn't sound better then Okoye and Spencer?

Comment

• double post...
                    Last edited by Diehard; 03-07-2007, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• If we keep our picks, there's no way in hell Tyler's going to be around for us to pick in the second round... he's out of the picture unless we take him at 21.

I agree with njx9, interior pass rush is the missing piece of the puzzle. Mind you, Carriker could provide that as he's big/strong enough to the DT spot on passing downs.

If I was Shanny, I'd go DT (or in Carriker's case, DT/DE) with my first two picks... a pair of young bulls to anchor the line for the next decade. Also lets the team dump Veal & Burton, which can only be a good thing.

Comment

• Don't know if this has been reported yet or not but:

QB Patrick Ramsey signed with the Broncos.
                        http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2791258

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

• Well then that's just it, we disagree with our biggest need is.

I will give Warren the benefit of the doubt that last year was really because of his toes and he can perform again this year like 2005. I believe we can find a very serviceable DT to pair with him in the second round and be solid at DT.

Where you think our huge group of DE's are serviceable, and I think they are garbage!

Clearly our DL is the biggest need all together, but I feel with Warren in the middle DT is a D- and DE's are an F.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                            yeah, demetrin veal is a much better option than kenard lang. michael myers was far better at pressuring the quarterback than elvis dumervil. i don't get the logic at all and you haven't said anything other than "it's my opinion" to back that up. that's fine if that's all it is, but i believe i originally wanted to know WHY people think our DEs need so much more work.
                            I can't speak for A4Qxxx, but to me it just comes down to the talent available. I don't like Branch at all as a prospect. He's big, but i just didn't see anything that impressed me when I watched him, though I'll admit that wasn't often. Okoye would be fine, but I'm not sure he really fits what Denver's trying to do under Bates. Anderson and Adams both seem to be potential difference-makers at DE and we could still get someone like Tank Tyler (who I think will be as effective a pro as Branch) or Marcus Thomas later in the draft.

Comment

• i heard the broncos are looking at antonio bryant... thoughts?

the way i see it, as long as he doesnt make any more than 2.5 a year, its cool

Comment

• mind you from a very unreliable source

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information