This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by njx9
    if he makes more than 1 a year i'll be annoyed. i just don't see him significantly improving the team in any way.
    you know, i am pretty sure you already know, but the words patrick ramsey and 2.5 dont belong in the same sentence.

i think thats worse then giving bryant that type of money.

Comment

• still, neither should make that much...

Comment

• I bet the contract for Bryant will look insane, adding in his charachter and consistency concerns I would pass.

Comment

• http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5390616

Welp... Wilkinson might play Snake and retire. W/e dont really want him

and oh yeah Bates likes tall DE's playing, so expect elvis dumervil to get LOADS of time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
            http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5390616

Welp... Wilkinson might play Snake and retire. W/e dont really want him

and oh yeah Bates likes tall DE's playing, so expect elvis dumervil to get LOADS of time

Nice way to waste a 6th rounder. ha

Comment

• Originally posted by elway777 View Post
              Nice way to waste a 6th rounder. ha
              o we wuld get the pick back

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                o we wuld get the pick back

Alright guess I should of read the article.

Comment

fair enough. i tend to disagree (obviously) for similar reasons. i don't see our DEs as having been the problem. meanwhile, at no point have our DTs produced (even when he was healthy, warren wasn't much more than a big guy in the middle with no effect whatsoever on the pass rush).

i also see absolutely nothing in tyler that makes me think he's at the same level as branch or okoye (although again, a troop of girl scouts would likely make our DTs better at this point) and i certainly don't see it in a character failure like thomas. there are a few second tier guys who intrigue me (mcbean), but we need a stud at the spot, not another role player.

so i can agree to disagree with anyone who thinks that branch and okoye are NOT potential studs (though i'm still curious why), but i absolutely can't agree with anyone who thinks DE is the bigger need.
                  I'm not saying Okoye isn't going to be a very good pro, but he would excel in a scheme using quicker, attacking DT's. Bates prefers bigger DT's who will tie up the interior lineman and I just don't see that as a strength of Okoye. He could thrive elsewhere, though. As for Branch, I didn't watch a lot of him this past season, but what I did see didn't impress me. In the OSU game in particular, he spent a lot of time on the ground and didn't get much push. At 21, he's a nice pickup. In the top-10, I think he's a huge risk.

Comment

• Our 1st Round

Everyone has agreed on the fact that we will be taking either a DE or DT with our 1st round pick.

Shanahan seldom ever does with his first round pick, what we think he will do so, where does he go with the pick? Personally, I still think he does something unconventional like Safety (Reggie Nelson (S, FL)), or Offensive Line (Levi Brown (OT, PS)), or LB (Lawrence Timmons (LB, FSU) or Patrick Willis (LB, OlMs)) (Lynch will be gone so do not expect a RB) if any of these players fall to us. Do not put him trading down either if the option presents itself.

I am just saying, now that you are all sleeping well at night thinking Shanahan will take a DL, think again.

Comment

maybe my problem then is in not seeing bates scheme yet. but in all honesty, i haven't noticed a huge amount of difference in the last three DC's schemes (at least, in terms of our ability to pressure the QB ever), so I'm not sure there will be one now. and in pretty much all of the last three, the biggest problem has been our utter lack of anything with any vague measure of talent at DT (well, that and letting go of talented DEs).

if we draft a DE, i'll still be ecstatic that we're actually addressing the defensive line.
                      And I'd be happy picking up a DT early as well. It's past time we addressed the D-Line and I think we'll get 2 on Day One this year, hopefully they turn into something. Also, I read on another board we're bringing in Ian Scott for a visit. He's not the massive run-stuffer I'd like, but he's young and would fit nicely in a rotation.

Comment

• Originally posted by M View Post
                        Everyone has agreed on the fact that we will be taking either a DE or DT with our 1st round pick.

Shanahan seldom ever does with his first round pick, what we think he will do so, where does he go with the pick? Personally, I still think he does something unconventional like Safety (Reggie Nelson (S, FL)), or Offensive Line (Levi Brown (OT, PS)), or LB (Lawrence Timmons (LB, FSU) or Patrick Willis (LB, OlMs)) (Lynch will be gone so do not expect a RB) if any of these players fall to us. Do not put him trading down either if the option presents itself.

I am just saying, now that you are all sleeping well at night thinking Shanahan will take a DL, think again.
                        Actually, we've all agreed we WANT a DL in the 1st, but I tend to think we'll go elsewhere, then use a 2nd and 3rd on the line, unless Carriker somehow falls or we move up. I think any of the players you mentioned (with the exception of Timmons) are possiblities, as well as Meacham, Ginn or Bowe at WR. We may move out of round 1 altogether and try to stockpile future picks if there's a good offer out there, too.

Comment

• I don't think taking either OL or a S in the first round would count as "unconventional", as they would both address needs. A lot will depend on the DL situation when Denver picks, if there is much better value at OL or S, expect Shanny to go for it.

LB, on the other hand, would be very unexpected... and given the present situation, undesirable. I don't see that happening unless we trade one of our veterans away for additional picks (rather than moving up).

Comment

• i know this isnt the team mock thread but who cares. honestly.heres my denver mock...just wanna know what you guys think

1ST ROUND - defensive end - Victor Abiamiri
                            2ND ROUND - offensive tackle - James Marten
                            3RD ROUND - defensive tackle - Ola Dagunduro
                            3RD ROUND - safety - Josh Gattis
                            4TH ROUND - offensive guard - Andy Alleman
                            5TH ROUND - defensive end - Baraka Atkins
                            6TH ROUND - cornerback - Marquice Cole
                            7TH ROUND - defensive tackle - Clifton Ryan

Comment

• The focus on OL & DL is the right direction, but I can't say I'd be happy with this draft. 2 & 3a are major reaches. In general, it seems like a low talent level across the board. A tweener guy like Atkins doesn't really fit Bates' system (not big enough for DT, nor a good enough rusher for DE). Draft is pretty deep at S - seems like we could get a better one that Gattis in the 3rd.

Originally posted by bennybee38 View Post
                              i know this isnt the team mock thread but who cares. honestly.heres my denver mock...just wanna know what you guys think

1ST ROUND - defensive end - Victor Abiamiri
                              2ND ROUND - offensive tackle - James Marten
                              3RD ROUND - defensive tackle - Ola Dagunduro
                              3RD ROUND - safety - Josh Gattis
                              4TH ROUND - offensive guard - Andy Alleman
                              5TH ROUND - defensive end - Baraka Atkins
                              6TH ROUND - cornerback - Marquice Cole
                              7TH ROUND - defensive tackle - Clifton Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Diehard View Post
                                A tweener guy like Atkins doesn't really fit Bates' system (not big enough for DT, nor a good enough rusher for DE).
                                all im saying is Atkins is bigger and faster than Kenard Land and Ebenzer Ekuban. His passrush is probably just as good as Ekubans

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information