2nd Demarcus Tyler - DT
    3a Tim Crowder - DE
    3b Aaron Rouse S
    4th Steve Smith WR
    5th Kasey Studdard - OG
    6th Mike Otto - OT
    7th Ramzee Robinson - CB

Comment

• well Scott has the Broncos getting Spencer, Marten, Piscitelli, and Thomas in 3 rounds..I like the Marten and Spencer pick but instead of Piscitelli and Thomas..I think Brandon Mebane and then John Wendling are better picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by A4Qxxx View Post
        Option A:
        1st Adam Carriker - DE
        2nd Demarcus Tyler - DT
        3a Ryan McBean - DT
        3b Aaron Rouse S
        4th Steve Smith WR
        5th Kasey Studdard - OG
        6th Mike Otto - OT
        7th Ramzee Robinson CB

Option B:
        1st Amobi Akoye - DT
        2nd Demarcus Tyler - DT
        3a Tim Crowder - DE
        3b Aaron Rouse S
        4th Steve Smith WR
        5th Kasey Studdard - OG
        6th Mike Otto - OT
        7th Ramzee Robinson - CB
        Carriker and Okoye will be long gone before we pick and we don't have a 4th or a 5th this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by bennybee38 View Post
          well Scott has the Broncos getting Spencer, Marten, Piscitelli, and Thomas in 3 rounds..I like the Marten and Spencer pick but instead of Piscitelli and Thomas..I think Brandon Mebane and then John Wendling are better picks.
          Mebane maybe, but Piscetelli is a great player. He's alot like John Wendling but I like his potential more.

Comment

• Thomas > Mebane in terms of potential, but there are crushing character issues that make Thomas a very risky pick.

I'd be happy with either Wendling or Piscitelli. Both are big, smart players who work hard and have the right amount of nastiness. Lynch would be a great example / teacher for both these guys, which would help the transition at S that is going to happen as Lynch's career winds down.

Comment

• http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArti...&ATCLID=829616

were going to draft gary russell?
              i think there is a STRONG possibility, after all

1. minnesota runs the ZBS
              2. shanahan will talk to brewster and brewster will give him the word, because brewster has connections with guys who coached russell
              3. we have wanted to draft HB'S (maroney) and have drafted linemen (eslinger) who run the ZBS
              4. russell was an up and comer when he played
              russell will fall into our laps in the 7th, hell we may reach towards his direction in the 6th
              5. we drafted clarrett after he ran what he did (so dont give me crap, anything can happen)

Comment

• I certainly wouldn't put it past Shanny to fish for a late round RB prospect. However, there are a lot of guys I'd look at before Russell. More than anyone, he needed to stay focused on football and make a good showing for the scouts. Instead, he got way out of shape and looked bad. Not a great sign if you ask me.

Comment

• Marcus Nash what was his deal, just a plain bust or why did he fail?? Sorry for being ramdom....LOL

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                  XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                  Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                  http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

• So with all the moves you guys have made in FA to improve the Offense, is it safe to say the first day of your daft will be Dline/Oline with all of your picks? Or are there still some other major needs elsewhere?

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
                    It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
                    Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
                    http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
                    421 Witness
                    756*

Comment

• Originally posted by jag View Post
                      So with all the moves you guys have made in FA to improve the Offense, is it safe to say the first day of your daft will be Dline/Oline with all of your picks? Or are there still some other major needs elsewhere?
                      The lines better be the priority, or there's going to be a rebellion in Broncoland...

Safety is another area that might get addressed. Lynch can't last forever (or can he?) and we don't have a lot of depth. If Denver sits at 21, that may be the best value available (Nelson, Griffin, Meriweather).

Comment

• Originally posted by smittyjs View Post
                        Marcus Nash what was his deal, just a plain bust or why did he fail?? Sorry for being ramdom....LOL
                        idk, but it sure wasn't talent, he is one of Arena Football leagues top 10 recievers in every single category practically

http://www.arenafootball.com/ViewArt...0&ATCLID=96443
                        Last edited by Jimmy; 03-21-2007, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                          idk, but it sure wasn't talent, he is one of Arena Football leagues top 10 recievers in every single category practically

http://www.arenafootball.com/ViewArt...0&ATCLID=96443
                          He an Thanks for the info jimmy and and nxj9.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                          XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                          Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                          http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

• I could easily see us trading out of the first round this year for "future picks." I would not be upset because unlike most I think our biggest concern is S over the DL. Lynch is a liability, DL is comptent but not a liability. My opinon that others disagree with.

Do not be suprised if Bly is on the block and traded prior to the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                              i also am starting to strongly believe, however disgusted it makes me, that we will not be picking in the first round this year. we should be right up against the cap, and i just can't see us being able to sign a high end rookie and i don't see the value at any positions of need if we stand pat.
                              Haven't been around much these days and rarely came on, but this post just made me chuckle.

Broncos fans year in and year out keep on talking about the cap and how they cannot afford certain players. Look, the Denver Broncos have brought in what, around ten free agents this off-season in to compete. Travis Henry and Daniel Graham alone cost upwards of around 50 million dollars over the course of their careers. Add into that, Dre' Bly - who has a five million dollar cap figure and Patrick Ramsey who will be making a couple million each year as a back-up, the other guys each got signed to contracts around a million dollars each. If Denver wants to do something, they'll go after it.

The salary of someone at #21 will probably be what, a five year deal - five million dollar signing bonus and maybe 7 to 8 million dollars in base salary around that. I'd probably say it'd max out at fifteen million dollars. The only reason Denver won't draft in the first is if they opt to spin out if they feel that no impact pass rusher has value at #21 or a secondary option they have is not there. Trading out of the first-round actually isn't a bad idea, but by no means is it for financial reasons.

The Broncos have been in talks (not just rumors, it's actually true) with Washington and Detroit for their respective picks. Granted, that dumping Bly would save money on our cap and getting rid of Wilson if he were to go to Detroit would save money too. If Denver wants something, they'll take it. It's time that Denver fans stop worrying about the cap and all that jargon, a year or two from now - all the dead money will be gone. Even with the contracts signed this year, Denver is still poised to have MORE money next year to play around with.
                              Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

• Originally posted by M View Post
                                I could easily see us trading out of the first round this year for "future picks." I would not be upset because unlike most I think our biggest concern is S over the DL. Lynch is a liability, DL is comptent but not a liability. My opinon that others disagree with.

Do not be suprised if Bly is on the block and traded prior to the draft.
                                The Broncos were considering safety last year in the first-round, and they had no idea that Jay Cutler would fall to them. As it turns out, it was revealed that Shanahan loved Donte Whitner and it was his back-up to Maroney at fifteen had a deal not happened which gave us Jay Cutler. So I think you're right that safety is a huge need, but whether or not it's bigger than defensive line is questionable.

A few sources have revealed that the Broncos have bought extensive film on defensive lineman, offensive tackles and defensive backs - in particular safeties. It's pretty clear where Denver is going to go on draft day, but WHEN they're going to select those options is completely up in the air.

I could see Denver taking a kid like Michael Griffin at #21. They could possible move up and take Reggie Nelson. What Denver needs, in Bates' defense - is a pure ball-hawk to manage deep halves of the field in case the corners get beat in man-to-man. Griffin can play either spot in the NFL. There is also value in the second and third rounds at this position as well, so maybe we don't have to pull the trigger right there in the first.

Griffin is a high priority pick for the Broncos. He's a great leader, a special teams ace and is solid in run support and pretty good in coverage. He fits all the criteria the Broncos look for when making a selection and would be a damn good one.

It's still true that Bly could be traded, but the team will have to compensate accordingly. Washington doesn't have the second-round or other round picks of interest to do a deal just straight up, so the likely event (which is unlikely, but the most likely of events for Bly to be traded) is a Denver move to #6, which would include at least #21, #56 and Bly - and probably a future third-rounder or so.

All that aside, the Broncos will be looking to upgrade the aforementioned positions on draft day. I still say, don't sleep on receiver, because the signings of Stokley, etc. are just insurance in case Rod can't recover full-time. Denver needs younger guys for the future, and if the value is there - I'd expect Shanahan to take it.
                                Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information