Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewster wouldn't have any knowledge of Russell being at Minnesota since he just got there and since he wasn't on the team, there are probably only a few coaches left or players that have something to say about him, and in the unlikely event that they got quality information, I'm sure most would be actually negative regarding a player who couldn't make the field because of academic problems.

Russell is not Maurice Clarett, but the Broncos don't need to even take another risk. I was speechless when Marion Barber III, was there at #101 (compensatory third-rounder) and we passed on him. Look at him now. Just another draft blunder by Shanahan.

What this could help the Broncos with are guys like Amir Pinnix and Ernie Wheelwright, who are elligible for the draft next year (I'm positive they are both seniors) and could be selections for the Broncos as late-day one or middle-round prospects. The Broncos Coaching Tree under Shanahan keeps getting bigger, and it certainly helps.
    Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

• Looks like the Giants are looking to acquire Al Wilson and the talks between the 2 teams are heating up.

What do you think Shanny is interested in for Wilson?
      Originally posted by Paul
      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
        Looks like the Giants are looking to acquire Al Wilson and the talks between the 2 teams are heating up.

What do you think Shanny is interested in for Wilson?

Well I really hope we don't trade him. He's one of the big leaders of our defense. But if we did trade him, I'd say:

Time machine
        Rights to Lawrence Taylor

That would do it for me.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• haha yea please, if we had that time machine, im not so sure we'd be trading it away lol we could sure use LT ourselves
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
            haha yea please, if we had that time machine, im not so sure we'd be trading it away lol we could sure use LT ourselves

NO AL WILSON FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy
              idk, but it sure wasn't talent, he is one of Arena Football leagues top 10 recievers in every single category practically
              being good in the afl means absoltuely nothing in terms of nfl caliber talent, i didn't think that would've needed mentioning.
              well, i never said he had nfl caliber talent.. did i? quote me.. and second did say he had talent... dont get me wrong, he sucked, but he Was a first round draft pick and a star at Tennessee... that requires some talent...
              and "i didn't think that would've needed mentioning."

i mean its the equivalent of saying ryan leaf had no talent, or maybe more closely compared, charles rogers. Just because their game didn't translate into the pro level doesn't mean they lack talent. Their ethic may have been bad, they may have not had intangibles, but i think talent is out of the question. they were college stars. Marcus just didnt have what others had which is drive to be a great nfl player.
              Last edited by Jimmy; 03-27-2007, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                anyone want to make some sort of wager that we will not address the DL until at least round 5? i know we don't have a pick currently in that round.
                I would laugh at this... but it has that all-too-close-to-the-truth ring to it that leaves me feeling uneasy. Shanny has tried to get by with a second-rate (third? fourth?) DL for a long time... is there any reason to believe he'll change his evil ways this time around?

If Wilson is gone, I suspect Shanny will be looking for a strong side linebacker on day 1... perhaps even round 1 (Timmons?). That would certainly be more in character for him, as he seems to value LBs. Defensive back or receiver in round 2 wouldn't be shocking either, so it could be in the 3rd before DL is even considered.

Comment

• NJX, outside of the first round, what positions do you see us addressing on day one?

Comment

• thoughts

UFA - when can they actually contact them to offer a position as a UFA if they do not get drafted? Does anyone know the rules on this or is it prohibited until after the draft to make this offer?

Romance Taylor (PR and practice squad RB)

Melvin Bullitt, S, Texas A&M (6-1, 201 pounds)
                    Key numbers: 4.48 40-yard dash, 40-inch vertical jump, 3.97 short shuttle, 10-5 broad jump
                    Look at the SS time

Comment

• Slow times on the draft front apparently!

Comment

• Todd Sauerbrun reached deal w Broncos

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2824469

Apparently NE can match in next 7 days however terms are not release, and no details if a poision pill contained in language.

Comment

• Clarification

The question actually relates to the issue of when can you enter a contact with a player. Can you contact a player before the draft and offer them a contract IF they do not get drafted. Can you have the player sign this contract prior to the draft? Does this violate any NFL rules to make this offer prior to the draft on the condition that a prospect goes undrafted. I seems that about 50 players announce their signings right within hours after the draft. The question is want to know is have any of these undrafted prospects signed the contract with the teams that pick them up after the draft prior to the draft on the condition that it obviously only goes into effect if they are undrafted, or again, does this violate the NFL rules?

If it is not illegal why not offer the prospects that you think are late rounders a contract now on the condition that they may not get drafted (such as Ramonce Taylor and Melvin Bullitt). If they get drafted, no big deal and it costs you nothing. If they go undrafted you have their rights and these are "perfect" special team / practice squad player (in that they cost next to nothing and every year an undrafted free agent seems to make the team as a backup (see Bell from Arizona last year), or as a great 2 year project to see if they develop.

If they suck, you cut them and it costs you pennies on the dollar to find out.

Comment

• I was under the impression that teams did contact prospects towards the end of the draft that they would be interested in signing them if they go undrafted. I dont know about negotitating deals before the draft ends though.

Comment

• Sauerbrun pwns. I want him bad.

Comment

• I don't know if anyone cares, but Mike Bell has switched his number to 30.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information