This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by elway777 View Post
    I don't know if anyone cares, but Mike Bell has switched his number to 30.
    meh, terrell was our best RB ever, and theres not a lot we can do, its just a #.. i guess trav henry bought #20 of bell

Comment

• so much for getting him back

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2831360

Pats match Broncos' offer to hold on to Sauerbrun

Comment

• Things can always be worse

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

I remember most of these picks unfortunately, but this video clip never gets old.

Comment

• Not getting Sauerbrun is unfortunate. Seemed like a lot of money, but our special teams were a disaster last year. Winning the field position war is an important, but often overlooked, piece of the puzzle.

Comment

• Field position is gonna kill us next year.

Comment

• we should consider mason crosby in the draft, i realize he aint a punter but elam is getting up there in age could help us in fp if he kicks off at games
              Bubba kush for breakfast, with my captain crunch
              I smoke ten blunts before lunch
              Gucci Mane

Comment

• Mason Crosby would be a good pick-up for kick-offs and the future. He will not likely fall to 3rd but could be a consistent player like Elam for 15 years for a team.

This is worth watching:

http://glumbert.com/media/peyton

Comment

• how crass

A loutish thing to say, especially from our moderator. A simple apology would be appropriate.

When you say moronic did you mean that I was a person who is notably stupid, or did you mean that I was a person of borderline intelligence in a former classification of mental retardation. I am, apparently in your opinion, not smart enought to figure it out!

Mason Crosby would be a sound choice if available in the 3rd round. I did not suggest he be taken in the 2nd round as you intentionally, and willfully, misrepresented ("a 2nd or 3rd round pick") in your response to my comment.

The reason is simple - if Crosby is the weapon that he was in college (19-21 30-39 yards and 13 -16 40-49 yards in last two years), he is worthy of a 3rd round. Incidentially, he was also 51 - 51 in extra points over the same time-frame.

If Crosby is a bust, it was worth the 3rd round pick for a potential kicker for the next 10 years. If you bring Crosby into camp and he pushes Elam great. If Crosby is a very solid kicker, you will always have a market to trade him either during pre-season or during the regular season. If he is as good, or better than the 37 year old Elam, keep Crosby and trade Elam during the regular season, or during the pre-season. Elam would be a certain 2nd round pick in the 2008 draft on the open-market.

But those are just my feeble-minded remarks.

Comment

• Originally posted by M View Post
                    A loutish thing to say, especially from our moderator. A simple apology would be appropriate.

When you say moronic did you mean that I was a person who is notably stupid, or did you mean that I was a person of borderline intelligence in a former classification of mental retardation. I am, apparently in your opinion, not smart enought to figure it out!

Mason Crosby would be a sound choice if available in the 3rd round. I did not suggest he be taken in the 2nd round as you intentionally, and willfully, misrepresented ("a 2nd or 3rd round pick") in your response to my comment.

The reason is simple - if Crosby is the weapon that he was in college (19-21 30-39 yards and 13 -16 40-49 yards in last two years), he is worthy of a 3rd round. Incidentially, he was also 51 - 51 in extra points over the same time-frame.

If Crosby is a bust, it was worth the 3rd round pick for a potential kicker for the next 10 years. If you bring Crosby into camp and he pushes Elam great. If Crosby is a very solid kicker, you will always have a market to trade him either during pre-season or during the regular season. If he is as good, or better than the 37 year old Elam, keep Crosby and trade Elam during the regular season, or during the pre-season. Elam would be a certain 2nd round pick in the 2008 draft on the open-market.

But those are just my feeble-minded remarks.
                    dido njx9....
                    Gucci Mane

Comment

• Originally posted by M View Post
                      Elam would be a certain 2nd round pick in the 2008 draft on the open-market.
                      are you serious?

Comment

• i do suppose we will trade up with houston to #10, as houston will probably want joe staley a bit later.

my thoughs would be that we could consider Pat Willis, Anderson, or carriker here, hell even levi brown

i would also kill for david harris later

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                          i do suppose we will trade up with houston to #10, as houston will probably want joe staley a bit later.

my thoughs would be that we could consider Pat Willis, Anderson, or carriker here, hell even levi brown

i would also kill for david harris later
                          what do you think we would offer houston for the 10 spot
                          Gucci Mane

Comment

• Originally posted by ripdw27 View Post
                            what do you think we would offer houston for the 10 spot
                            im no good with pick value, you would have to ask njx or chris

edit: i'd assume the bulk of the trade value would come from players, and not picks, as i'm sure there is a guy or two who kubiak wishes he could have brought along with him
                            Last edited by Jimmy; 04-14-2007, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• does anybody know of the players whom we've already had visits with, or those who are expected to visit??

Comment

• look on the team website
                                Gucci Mane

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information