Cutler News???

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
    XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
    Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
    http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
      i have to imagine lynch is more nfl ready than arrington. ignoring anything else, i think he's got much better size (5-11/217 vs. 5-9/220ish [apparently? arrington looked much smaller to me]).
      Eh that may be true to some extent, but his production largely benefits from the Cal system... anyways, I'm not saying Lynch is bad... but he's not GREAT. He's a good notch below a healthy Michael Bush and Peterson.

Anyway, the RB who would be PERFECT in our system is Darren McFadden... but he's not eligible lol

So anyway, I find it funny how many ppl on ESPN are liking the Chargers to beat us... not realizing that we always beat them at home, Denver is the best at neutralizing LT, and PHillip Rivers has not played a defense as fast as ours (and in altitude too). I see no way in us losing UNLESS Jake gives the ball away like crazy. Otherwise, i think we easily win contrary to popular belief.

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

Originally posted by Namy
        i have to imagine lynch is more nfl ready than arrington. ignoring anything else, i think he's got much better size (5-11/217 vs. 5-9/220ish [apparently? arrington looked much smaller to me]).
        Eh that may be true to some extent, but his production largely benefits from the Cal system... anyways, I'm not saying Lynch is bad... but he's not GREAT. He's a good notch below a healthy Michael Bush and Peterson.

Anyway, the RB who would be PERFECT in our system is Darren McFadden... but he's not eligible lol

So anyway, I find it funny how many ppl on ESPN are liking the Chargers to beat us... not realizing that we always beat them at home, Denver is the best at neutralizing LT, and PHillip Rivers has not played a defense as fast as ours (and in altitude too). I see no way in us losing UNLESS Jake gives the ball away like crazy. Otherwise, i think we easily win contrary to popular belief.
        wow. i am stunned. Here's my thoughts:

1. Our defense is clearly overrated
        2. Plummer needs to go (he only had two huge mistakes, but he just has too many 3&outs)
        3. I really hated the playcalling this game. No playaction/bootleg and going on the fourth down at the 30 yd line with 3+min and 2 TOs?

Props to LT tho. That guy is a beast. The only thing that worries me now is how will we respond against KC on Thanksgiving? I'm unfortunately afraid of an emotional letdown.

Comment

After this game I think njx has put the rope, the duct tape, and the bullets in his car. Man I can only imagine how pissed off he is right now.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

plummer absolutely lost us that game. well, plummer and the fact that our defense refuses to cover anyone who starts the play in the backfield. realistically, we would lose every game by fifty points if the other team just lined up its wide receivers as running backs. but plummer has now cost us a crucial game with his complete mis-management of third downs (converting an incredible 40%) and his total lack of ability in the fourth quarter. he completely missed brandon marshall on a huge play. underthrew and generally failed to get the ball to rod smith on numerous occasions. i'm almost rooting for more losses, just so he'll get the hook sooner.

Comment

I think what is being forgotten is how crappy our ST was.

I distinctly remember being opposed to cutting Sauerbrun, but it seemed like everyone else here liked Ernster. Well he has done crap. His punts are horrible and wobbly, and his kickoffs rarely go into the endzone unless the wind is behind him. But it's not all Ernster's fault, our ST coverage was pathetic. Numerous times we couldnt ******* tackle Turner and he always got up to the 35-40 yard line.

Comment

our tackling overall was a complete joke. LT running through literally 8 members of our defense because NO ONE wrapped up was awful.

i think chukwurah's absence on the special teams was a serious blow (sort of like when burns left for the year or two). on the other hand, ernster did average something like 45 yards per punt (47.8 actually).

the biggest problem regardless, imo, was that jake was 2 for 9 in converting 3rd downs through the air. that's pathetic. no, that's worse than pathetic. it's either terrible play-calling or it's awful execution, and we stand no chance whatsoever in the playoffs with that kind of performance from our QB/offense.

Comment

Can we see Cutler now please?

And you guys clearly need a pass rush out of your front 4. You cannot be a consistent defensive if you rely on the blitz every game like you guys do. You need a rush out of the front 4.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    Can we see Cutler now please?

And you guys clearly need a pass rush out of your front 4. You cannot be a consistent defensive if you rely on the blitz every game like you guys do. You need a rush out of the front 4.
                    lmao. Um... thanks for stating the obvious?

Anyway... through thanksgiving break I had predicted before the season for us to have an 8-3 record... of course my losses that I thought would be were @NE, @Pitt, and @KC. Right now we are 7-3, so if we can beat KC on Thanksgiving, it should be all good... my only concern is that they are damn near unbeatable for us at Arrowhead.

Btw... did anyone notice LT's pants falling down? I must've seen his crack like 5 times that game. It was not too pleasant...

Comment

my hope is that, because the game is in november, that we've got a chance.

and i don't mean to be gloom and doom, 7-4 wouldn't be the end of the world, but the way this team is playing, they'll get torched in the playoffs by anyone who actually cares about winning.

Comment

Nick Ferguson is done for the year with a knee injury. No official link, but CBS4 and multiple sources including ESPN are reporting this.

Looks like one is coming early in the draft or in FA.

If you guys wanted to see my site that just is dedicated to Broncos drafting. . .

www.broncosdraft.blogspot.com

I hope Scott's okay with me posting that. :D
                        Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

FYI: That's the draft without me knowing anything about the injury to Ferguson. . .

Comment

i intensely disagree with another mid-round WR at this point. how many do we really need? all of these guys take so long to develop (or at least, take so long before shanahan plays them) that it seems like we've got an almost never-ending parade of #3 and #4 receivers who still never quite beat out guys like todd devoe and charlie adams (at least, till recently). i'd be much happier with targetting a WR like kircus in free agency, at least to have a veteran presence, rather than pissing away another pick on a guy who isn't going to see the field for any meaningful amount of time. especially given that the team has been absolutely atrocious at drafting and developing talent at the position.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
                              Nick Ferguson is done for the year with a knee injury. No official link, but CBS4 and multiple sources including ESPN are reporting this.

Looks like one is coming early in the draft or in FA.

If you guys wanted to see my site that just is dedicated to Broncos drafting. . .

www.broncosdraft.blogspot.com

I hope Scott's okay with me posting that. :D
                              Love your picks,especially Ryan Harris,he'd be a great fit in Denver.

Comment

i intensely disagree with another mid-round WR at this point. how many do we really need? all of these guys take so long to develop (or at least, take so long before shanahan plays them) that it seems like we've got an almost never-ending parade of #3 and #4 receivers who still never quite beat out guys like todd devoe and charlie adams (at least, till recently). i'd be much happier with targetting a WR like kircus in free agency, at least to have a veteran presence, rather than pissing away another pick on a guy who isn't going to see the field for any meaningful amount of time. especially given that the team has been absolutely atrocious at drafting and developing talent at the position.
                                Piss poor special teams.

Bad receivers.

A guy who is good at both.

I agree, FA would be nice. . . but what are the chances we land a good guy in FA?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information