Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sure, and i kind of get it, i just don't like the idea. and logically, it'd be a shanahan move.

meh.

i think a 5/6th round linebacker would be a better special teams guy, since we need the depth and we've had great luck with chukwurah and burns.

Comment

I think if Woodley is available we should try to get him. He's a very good Dlineman who gets overshadowed by Alan Branch.

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
        sure, and i kind of get it, i just don't like the idea. and logically, it'd be a shanahan move.

meh.

i think a 5/6th round linebacker would be a better special teams guy, since we need the depth and we've had great luck with chukwurah and burns.
        Wright out of Colorado is the guy I think I'll have us getting in the 5th when I do my updated mock draft in a week or so.

Hixon hasn't had he chance to show what he can do as a returner, but the Broncos seriously need help at the position.

It's almost impossible to please everyone though.

Some people are saying the Broncos like Kenny Irons and John Wendling a lot. . .
        Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

i'd love woodley, though i'm not sure how well he would fit in as a 4-3 DE in the NFL... it sounded to me (and looked, in the two UM games i've been able to see) like he was more suited for a 3-4 OLB role. on the other hand, i'd take just about anything capable of pressuring the QB right now.

i do like abraham wright a lot, as bad as CU's been, the LBers are still pretty fantastic.

does irons fit us at all? the only time i saw auburn play, i was FAR more impressed with his back-up (who's a RB i'd LOVE to see us get in two years) than with him. i don't recall him hitting the hole particularly hard, but this was much earlier in the year, maybe he's gotten better since.

realistically, i would MUCH rather trade away picks and players and move up as far as we can in the first to get someone who can help on the d-line. i'm coming around a bit on the RB issue (although, i think if shanny just stuck with mike bell we'd look a bit better), but DE has got to be the #1 biggest need, and clearly, shanahan won't take one unless he can get a premier player. let's move into the top ten (maybe the redskins want jake?) and get someone who can anchor the line for a few years.

Comment

We don't need an elite guy on the line really and there's no shot we get Moses or Adams anyways at this point in time.

It'll come down to Abiamiri, Crowder or Woodley at DE.

Tank Tyler is the DT I'm hoping for; if we go there in the first.
            Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

Looks like Cutler will be starting soon :D

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9823256
              Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

i'm sort of ambivalent, but then, i may be overrating the seahawks defense... i guess i'd just have thrown him in at arizona, especially with our beat up backfield and o-line.

whatever, give it time to soak in and i'll be stoked.

Comment

Speaking of Cutler, how did he look in training camp and in pre-season? I know he looked good in that Lions game but how did he look at other times?

Comment

absolutely amazing.

he had incredible poise (which really, is what i was mostly looking at, since it's tough to judge other things when he's both playing with and against guys who weren't even going to make their respective teams).

he also has a fantastic arm. if/when he starts, it's unlikely you'll see the 30 yard ducks plummer regularly heaved up for walker to try to come back for.

i'll add more as i think of them.

Comment

The numbers speak for themselves

Cutler's preseason stats

40 of 62
                      561 yrds
                      comp- 64.5%
                      4 TD 1 INT
                      QB rating-108.3
                      Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

Originally posted by Titans10
                        Looks like Cutler will be starting soon :D

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9823256
                        Wow. I guess I saw it coming... but I didnt realy expect it to happen... if u kno wat i mean =/

However... IF, by some weird chance, Plummer plays well and wins the game for us against KC... what will Shanny do then? This is THE make or break game for Plummer...

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

i think mistake is done regardless of how he performs (i'm, of course, assuming he doesn't go out and throw 30/30 for 500 yards and 14 tds). if shanny really did have to dumb down the playbook that much, i can't imagine he'll have the patience to do that all year.

and from what i've heard on the radio, cutler has been thoroughly outplaying jake in practice.

Comment

Need some fantasy help in a 20 team league.

Will Brandon Marshall get the same amount of looks he got last week? Is he healthy? Decent shot to get some yards?

Follow Me on Twitter!
                            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

it's plummer throwing him the ball, so he'll likely catch one out of every three. not a bad play if you've got nothing else.

Comment

I must admit, I've been waiting on the move to Cutler for a few weeks now... but I'm not sure now is the time to come out with it.

I'm not sure how Plummer will perform knowing this could quite possibly be his last start as a Denver Bronco. I'm not saying he will go out there and try and lose or anything, but this can't sit right in his mind.

I don't know, maybe it's all a part of Shannahan's master plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information