Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I talked about the injury, so yeah, the injury. Haha. I'm just wondering how serious it's sounded and if it'll be a setback.
    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• 0ur ubiquitous moderator prognosticates 12 - I never you to be so optimistic as this could one of those nagging injury for the season.

It does not bode well that Henry is not going to get many reps preseason as he and Cutler are clearly not yet on the same page (see handoff in Dallas and not breaking off routes during blitz reads). He can run well, but the first game could be . . . a little ugly as we will be blitzed to death.

If defense surrenders 200 + yards rushing per game and puts no pressure on QB, as evidence by effort so far, it will be an academic concern.

Comment

• Originally posted by M View Post
        If defense surrenders 200 + yards rushing per game and puts no pressure on QB, as evidence by effort so far, it will be an academic concern.
        The defense will improve as the season progresses - though how good it will end up being is definitely up in the air...

DL:
        Lots of potential here, which is another way of saying these guys aren't playing particularly well right now. Elvis & the Rookies will improve (perhaps Gordon too?), Sam Adams will get tired and the rest aren't much more than filler.

LB:
        Despite my hopes for DJ in the middle, I have to agree with njx9 that the move hasn't paid off so far. Webster might be a better fit, with DJ to WLB and Gold into the garbage... which further underscores the need for a stud SLB though the draft or FA.

DB:
        Champ is the champ, so we're 25% there right from the get go. Bly *will* get burned on occasion - ask any Detroit fan about that. However, he'll also make some big plays. Lynch plays like a LB - big hits, crappy coverage. The rest are question marks, though perhaps Abdullah will emerge as a player.

Anyway, I think it would be wise to brace for a rocky start will some nice developments around mid-season. At least the offense has the firepower to put up points while the defense gets its affairs in order...

Comment

• At S, all we really need is someone to help Bly over the top, and put Lynch in the box. That's not gonna be an easy secondary to move the ball on. You've got Champ on one side, and Bly with help on the other. And if you run, we have a guy who's still one of the best 8th men in the NFL. We just need the front seven to work well. It's a shame Wilson got hurt.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
          Originally posted by njx9
          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• 1st cut is the deepest

Anyone "unexpected" getting cut in first trim down?

Comment

• You are right - is it not the annual lets get a pick from the redskins time of year. It is like Christmas in September every year!

Comment

• cuts down to 53 man roster

The full list of released players is as follows:

Quarterbacks: Darrell *******, Preston Parsons.
                Fullbacks: Kyle Johnson.
                Running Backs: None.
                Wide Receivers: Glenn Martinez, Marquay McDaniel, Quincy Morgan.
                Tight ends: None.
                Offensive linemen: Emmanuel Akah, Greg Eslinger, Mark Fenton, Kevin McAlmont, Chad Mustard, Cliff Washburn.
                Defensive linemen: John Browning, Steven Harris, Jimmy Kennedy.
                Linebackers: T.J. Hollowell, Cameron Vaughn.
                Safeties: Steve Cargile, Roderick Rogers.
                Cornerbacks: Bill Alford, Kevin House.

I thought we might have kept one QB and Eslinger but Kyle Johnson was the only real "hmmmm" name.

Comment

• According to ESPN, Simeon Rice is now a Bronco.

Comment

• If he can still get after the QB, I like it. No such thing as too many pass rushers.

Comment

• Mike Bell

Sources have learned that the Broncos currently have 5 trade offers for Mike Bell. Our sources tell us that Shanahan has decided to put the decision in Mike Bell's lap. We've been told that Shanahan has spoken with Bell and laid his role out in the Broncos offense as a fullback who provides spot carries for a change of pace ("in essence," the Full Back role that Mike Anderson manned for so many years). Our sources tell us that the teams involved are Indianapolis, Green Bay, Baltimore, St. Louis, and Atlanta, with the trade offers being conditional 5th - 7th round picks.. Ultimately, the decision to depart from Denver has been put in Mike Bell's lap, leaving it up to him to decide what he thinks is best for him.

Where is Washington on this list, I was certain we would have a trade with Washington by now!

As far as Rice, I do not see 10 plus sacks but I see Rice as being a great rotational player to add impressive depth - especially on 3rd and long downs substitutions.

Comment

• The Redskins are tryign to package all their picks for the next three years to get him.

Comment

• Draft

Looking at the team as we now see it, subject to injury, what are your thoughts on our draft needs next year:

My thoughts are :
                          1. Replace Lynch (I know that I am anti-Lynch but he is too slow)
                          2. Linebacker - we need a MLB so DJ can move outside and Gold can be traded to washington for a second - sixth round pick, or an outside linbacker to replace Gold (which by the way Gold is a description of the weight of his arms because it would appear he cannot move them to try and wrap up a player).
                          3. Depth on the Offensive Line
                          4. a very large RB for those short yardage / inside the 10 situations

Comment

• Lynch starting wouldn't be too awful if we got a great cover guy and kept Lynch near the line. Bly and Bailey could probably do well enough that a great coverage guy could cover for them if they ever faltered.

Comment

• A Ballhawk FS and a true strongside LB should headline the draft wish list. Another DT wouldn't hurt either as Sam Adams is due for a heart attack any minute...

Comment

• Here is a small mock of what I want to happen..

1 FS Kenny Phillips, Miami (slide Lynch over to SS so we never see him in coverage again)

2 LB Philip Wheeler, Georgia Tech (weakside linebacker to replace Gold, can play SAM or MIKE just in case)

4 DT Dre Moore, Maryland (big guy in the middle, should fit Bates' scheme)

4 WR Dorien Bryant, Purdue (blazing speed, nice hands and could help in the return game)

5 OT Duane Brown, Virginia Tech (we need tackle depth)

5 RB Kyle Bell, Colorado State (we could really use a power-runner)

7 value pick

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information