Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As a Travis Henry fantasy owner, I don't believe the Broncos have at any time so far ran four straight times or even three straight times in the red zone. :(

If they did, it certainly wasn't near the goal-line. Or they got to the goal-line and then decided to pass the ball or give it to Cecil Sapp.

*grumble grumble*
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Yeah, I wouldn't be complaining if we weren't passing in the redzone, but we were scoring anyway.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• aright i re-thought everything.

in the nfl you need to have a good line. on defense we have 3 rookies rotating or starting. on offense we lost our center and left guard for the season. our star wideout may miss 6 weeks. we have 3 rushing touchdowns all year. our starting rb has bruised ribs. we have a second year qb. i dont doubt cutler at all, but i just think being so young hes at a disadvantage. On defense our elite corner just missed a game and is still dinged up. those are the negatives

on the other hand, our starting rb has a 4.6 yd avg. between our starting receivers(without walker) we have 4 tds, out of a total 7. tom brady had 20 more coming into this week ha.

what we need now to win games is big plays. clutch plays. we cant have any mistakes, especially in the red zone. every time we cross the 50 were pretty close to scoring range (jason elam). I think we cant still finish out 10-6 or 9-7, with losses to the chargers, chiefs. i also see a few games where we finally snap out of it in the 4th quarter, coming back and winning under 5 minutes. i think houston would be a game like that, and so could minnesota especially if minnesota is a must win. and one other thing to look forward to is that we may have javon walker back in time to play the final 4 games which include the chargers in chiefs.

if we cant pull it off this year we DEFINETLY have next year to look forward to with such a young team.
        Bubba kush for breakfast, with my captain crunch
        I smoke ten blunts before lunch
        Gucci Mane

Comment

• Btw, I'd like to say that we should make more plays that involve Stokely. The dude is one of the most polished WRs... especially in the slot. Stokely really reminds me of an Ed McCaffery (and not just cuz they're both white).

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

• We have to find a good, big DT next offseason. Sam Adams is done, and the rest are just depth. Marcus Thomas is the only player there with significant upside. It would be awesome to get him a long-term running mate. Biggest needs are at DT, FS, SS, SLB, and WLB. Defense has clearly been our biggest weakness so far, and it's no coincidence that's where our most pressing needs lie. I'm pro D.J. in the middle, I think he's doing a fine job especially considering our DT's frequently get blown off the ball and Webster and Gold are frequently either nowhere to be found or botching the tackle. On paper, HB looks like a weakness if Henry is gone but being a Bronco RB = so easy even the Geico cavemen could do it.

Comment

• i dont think we need both olbs, just a mlb so we can kick dj back outside. safety is our most pressing need after that. actually i take that back, we need some o lineman to really open up the offense. id looove to get jake long but thats a huge stretch.

and njx, id like to think that jim bates was a good personnel move, we just need to blitz more. i like the running and zbs but the playcalling has got to improve. you watch the games a lot closer then i do so im not gonna argue any further.
              Bubba kush for breakfast, with my captain crunch
              I smoke ten blunts before lunch
              Gucci Mane

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                i did like toonster's thought of sam baker in the last mock. someone has to take over for lepsis soon, and it's not pears.

Ryan Harris?

Comment

• I'd like to see the team address the middle and strong backer spots in the offseason. Webster is decent for depth, but we can do better. DJ sucks in the middle - let him go back to the weak side. Shoot Gold and bury his body in the woods so Shanahan can't find it - even dead, Shanny is likely to give him a starting spot.

Other critical items include:
                  1. A safety who can cover
                  2. A decent returner who can play a little WR
                  3. A solid DT

The simple fact is that the defense needs to rebuild properly, not the typical half-assed Shanahan fashion. I think it would be wise to trade away some of the old veterans and bring in more young guys to build for the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                    is a RT, and was a 3rd round pick. it's not like he's good yet or irreplacable. further, i'd rather have a few guys going then just one who may or may not pan out. i'm also still waiting on answers to the above on DJ.
                    Harris is a LT, he was drafted to eventually replace Matt Lepsis at that position. The fact that he was drafted in the 3rd round is irrelevant, considering Denver finds most of their good linemen in the later rounds (or undrafted). I'm sure you remember George Foster. He was drafted in the 1st round - how did that work out?

I stand by everything I said about DJ too. I see him plugging the running lanes and making the tackle consistently. Like I said before, it's not that easy to do when you're adjusting to a new position and scheme and having to take on blockers because the DTs can't. I do think DJ is ineffective at getting off blocks, but then again, so are a lot of MLBs. Just ask Ray Lewis.
                    Last edited by urinemonkey; 11-03-2007, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• DJ needs time and experience at the position. Give him the rest of the season to figure it out, otherwise bring in Jon Vilma (great idea) and put DJ back on the weakside. I just hope Shanny does the right thing, a proper evaluation of Gold at season's end, and dumps him.

Comment

• Wow, we suck. Glenn Dorsey, here we come (hopefully).

Comment

• hey, we lost to the Lions... twice!

So don't feel to bad.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                            hey, we lost to the Lions... twice!

So don't feel to bad.
                            Yeah, but I actually thought the Broncos were an elite team (and played decent competition to earn their past records). Withouts the injuries, I still think they are... but injuries are a part of the NFL.

Both teams have big problems at important positions, though... Griese or Ramsey? Benson or Young? Which injured defense?
                            Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

• Well, either way, the NFC North should be fun to watch for years to come.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                                Well, either way, the NFC North should be fun to watch for years to come.
                                If each team can find a franchise QB, I'll agree.

Grossman, Griese or Orton in Chi? Jackson, Holcomb or Bollinger in Minn? Is Stanton the answer when Kitna decides to stop playing? What about GB? Can Rodgers take over when Favre calls it quits?

Poor QB play can ruin a team... and each team is headed in that direction.
                                Last edited by TacticaLion; 11-04-2007, 05:55 PM.
                                Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information