Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, that's embarrassing. The worst game ever. Injury after injury after injury. It was hard to watch. This team needs to get into full-rebuilding mode. Defense needs an overhaul. Same with the offensive line. I don't know what to do about the coaching staff. Heimerdinger seems like trash to me.. All in all, horrible game. Are the Nuggets on yet ?!

Comment

• Originally posted by JCutlery View Post
      Wow, that's embarrassing. The worst game ever. Injury after injury after injury. It was hard to watch. This team needs to get into full-rebuilding mode. Defense needs an overhaul. Same with the offensive line. I don't know what to do about the coaching staff. Heimerdinger seems like trash to me.. All in all, horrible game. Are the Nuggets on yet ?!
      yeah lets cross our fingers. rockies went to the world series, maybe the nuggets go to the finals. i dont watch a lot of pro ball, jsut the bucks bulls n nuggets so im probably gonna turn to that... oh and dear Lord please let Cutler be ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
      Bubba kush for breakfast, with my captain crunch
      I smoke ten blunts before lunch
      Gucci Mane

Comment

• We could certainly end up going OL in round 1. It's a deep draft at OT... likely someone with good value will be available whenever we pick. I think DT is a bigger need, but teams like Miami and the Raiders also need help there which creates a bit of a problem.

I believe the whole "bargain basement" approach to OL came from the ability of Alex Gibbs, who could work wonders with limited talent. The system is still there, as are a few of the players (Lepsis, Nalen) but the genius is not. Given the importance of line play in the NFL, the Broncos must ensure the talent level of the OL is sufficient to allow Cutler the chance he needs to succeed.

Comment

• Simeon Rice was released. He had been dealing with injuries for most of the season and never made an impact. This opens the door for the young guys to get more playing time....

http://rotoworld.com/content/Headlin...=NFL&hl=104295
          Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
          Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
            i don't buy that he's a capable LT. i do buy that he could be a plug-in at RT. further, what does george foster have to do with harris being expendable or not? this shouldn't be difficult to figure out, but let me speak slowly (or type slowly): if you draft a guy in the 3rd round, you haven't made much of an investment in him, meaning that he is not, as i said, irreplacable. that has NOTHING to do with whether or not he could be a good player. it simply (or apparently, not so simply) suggests that a player drafted in the third round is stupid justification from a fans perspective for not drafting someone else at the same position. i know it's hard to fathom.
            1st off, I'm not 100% in love with your tone right now. 2ndly, Harris fits better at LT because normally the bigger guys play RT. He is 6'5" 300 lbs. - which is the typical smaller O-lineman the Broncos use. George Foster and Erik Pears, the respective starters at RT in recent years, are both bigger, wider bodies. He played LT at Notre Dame and his strength is supposedly pass-protection. I see your point about the draft position, but I doubt they will take another OL 1st round after being burned by Foster. That and the defense is in shambles, so that should take first priority.

last week, 60% of DJ's tackles were at 5+ yards (on run plays only). against green bay (worst running attack in the league), 50% of his stops came at 6+ yards (against the immortal ryan grant). in the last 3 games he has 1 tackle for a loss. that's disgusting. you see him consistently making tackles at 6 yards. which is great if you want to have the worst run defense in the league. but it pretty much sucks if you ever want your offense to get the ball back. DJ has terrible instincts at the position and regularly puts himself into ian gold like position in the hole (that is, just in the right place to get taken out of the play by a fullback). he doesn't react fast enough to anything happening on the play (not even with instincts i'd expect from ANY linebacker). he's completely out of position. put him back outside and find someone who can read run plays and take on blockers. let DJ use his athleticism. he's been steadily less effective since his rookie year (coincidentally, the only year he played WLB).
            Fair enough. Still, it's his first year there and it's not like the DT's are doing much to keep blockers off him. That's why I'm hoping for a big-time DT next offseason above all.
            Last edited by urinemonkey; 11-09-2007, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• this is almost kinda depressing. i havent worn my broncos shirt since the monday before they play the packers, usually i wear it to bed and every sunday. its hard to beleive that at the beginning of the season i thought we had a shot to go at least 11-5. i think it coulda happened if we didnt get swamped with injuries.

*btw does anyone know who will be free agents that we should look at?
              Gucci Mane

Comment

• Actually, Ryan Harris is a LT. If he doesn't play LT, he'll play guard in the NFL.
                Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

• is cutler starting at qb? i have him on my fantasy... the real team isnt going anywhere but im in 2nd place so yea haha how bout travis henry?
                  Gucci Mane

Comment

• Cutler, yes. Travis Henry is a game-time decision but I'd bet that he goes, too.

I'd expect 220-1-1 from Cutler and 17-70-0 from Henry.

Comment

• why is there no thread for the kansas city game? didnt anyone see it? (all i saw were the scores) i was so stoked we won but then again i thought we had everything going for us when we beat the steelers.
                      Gucci Mane

Comment

• Domonique Foxworth, is a RFA what do you think will be his asking price?, what round
                        Last edited by The Legend; 01-29-2008, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Legend View Post
                          Domonique Foxworth, is a RFA what do you think will be his asking price?, what round
                          3rd rounder seems right to me.

Comment

• Javon = Out
                            ????? = In

Im sure we can all agree on one thing. Stokley is one hell of a #3. I don't really think he will do as much for us as a #2 though. Having that said, I don't really see us drafting an impact receiver day 1. Not an immediate need with B-Marsh's sudden explosion. However, at some point (and you all know it) we are going to sign a legitimate #2 reciever, or hell we might even go after another #1, and make Brandon our #2.

The player im talking about? I'm going to type his name, but here he is:
                            http://www.nancarrow-webdesk.com/war...mg.06708_t.jpg

As for the _________ above. Another Pro-Bowl target definatley can't hurt Cutler, and as TJ Houshmanzadeh showed, the #2 reciever playing along side _________ will get his fair share of catches. (Or, simply, Brandon will still produce.)

Why would we do this? Because we're going to loose our former #1, and stokley isnt a #2. Doubt we're going to draft a guy and start him.

So.. how does this sound, since ________ is already involved in trade talks, and wants out of his current team?

___________ for Javon Walker, Ian Gold, and a 4th. Bungles need a LB. They can have him. I'd trade Gold for David Pollack a this point.

Hell, if this doesn't do it for you, lets find away to get lance briggs, trade javon to chicago, dump gold, and move DJ back to weakside
                            Last edited by Jimmy; 01-31-2008, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• Any news on if you guys are keeping Walker or letting him go?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                Any news on if you guys are keeping Walker or letting him go?
                                Word is we are currently shopping him around.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information