Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denver Broncos Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
    We are all... I Like the air it out strategy, but that hasn't worked since week 2. Time for us to go back to late 90's Broncos football baby.
    on second thought...

    Comment


    • Originally posted by njx9
      We are in the bottom 5 in the NFL in terms of talent right now. I would hope that if Shanahan even attempts to can yet another defensive coordinator, Bowlen backhands him and reminds him that it's *his* (Shanny's) fault that the defense sucks (as a result of some of the worst drafting in the league over the last 10 or so years, not to even mention the garbage free agency maneuvering).

      There is absolutely nothing on this team that makes me believe it can win a playoff game in the next five years without some MASSIVE personnel changes on the defensive side of the ball. We don't have a single linebacker worth spit. We have no secondary whatsoever now that Champ is out. Our running backs could hardly be more worthless.
      The defense is annoying for sure, especially the 8-10 yard CB cushion, but it isn't what hurt us yesterday or even lately. We know they suck, and expected them to suck (albiet not this bad).

      But what pisses me off the most is the offense and the incompetent play of Cutler lately. If you can't score more than 20 points a game and commit 3-4 turnovers a game you are not going to win and I don't care what kind of defense you have.

      Sad when the best thing you can say about a game is that the FB looked good.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by njx9
        We are in the bottom 5 in the NFL in terms of talent right now. I would hope that if Shanahan even attempts to can yet another defensive coordinator, Bowlen backhands him and reminds him that it's *his* (Shanny's) fault that the defense sucks (as a result of some of the worst drafting in the league over the last 10 or so years, not to even mention the garbage free agency maneuvering).

        There is absolutely nothing on this team that makes me believe it can win a playoff game in the next five years without some MASSIVE personnel changes on the defensive side of the ball. We don't have a single linebacker worth spit. We have no secondary whatsoever now that Champ is out. Our running backs could hardly be more worthless.
        I really think you are overreacting about the talent we have. I still believe we have the talent to be an average defense, but with how horrible Slowik is and the defensive coaches, we are dreadful.
        At LB, we definitely need an upgrade at MLB. Safeties also, my god I hate our safeties.
        RB needs an upgrade, we still need to see if Torain can do anything though.
        Most of the offense looks promising. I will say, Cutler is frustrating me with how he has regressed after his first 3 games.
        Say what you guys want about the defense, but the offense hasn't scored more than 19 points in 5 games and has turned the ball over a **** load of times. I mean, Cutler practically gave the Dolphins 13 points with his 3 interceptions.

        What does he come down to though? Coaching. Broncos have been outcoached for a majority of their games this year, and that is frustrating. We had such good creativity on offense early on, and that has disapeared now. Defense, the playcalling and scheme is horrible.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by njx9
          what do we have, aside from cutler, marshall and royal that you would *honestly* say is "talent"? DJ is garbage. DJ is the most over-rated linebacker in the nfl right now. before you post and tell me he's not with some crappy tackle stats, please look up how many tackles he's made on the season within 3 yards of the LOS. i would, from watching, estimate he's made at least 75% of his tackles at somewhere between 6-10 yards. this is not scheme. this is because he doesn't react to or read plays properly. nate webster at least reads the play right most of the time, he just isn't good enough to make a play when he gets into position. dre bly and karl paymah shouldn't be better than nicklebacks. our offensive line has been awful, after looking fairly good to start the year. dan graham is garbage. stokley can't even catch the ball anymore. i see nothing on this team that leads me to believe we're really any better than cinci or detroit.
          Ryan Clady, Ryan Harris are two tackles that have played well for first time starters. I don't know how you can call the OL garbage after what we watched last year.
          Tony Scheffler if he can ever stay healthy is a good receiving TE. The thing though is that if statement.
          DJ Williams is a solid starting LB. I do think he is overrated, but he isn't horrible. Nate Webster is the definition of average though IMO. Boss Bailey actually played okay at times before getting hurt. Every other LB is garbage though.
          Bly is a decent #2 CB. we don't use him to his strength, which is press man to man coverage. The BS cushion scheme we play is ********, which is why Paymah looked so horrible.
          Marcus Thomas seems like a decent starting DT, Jarvis Moss has gotten better over the course of the season and hopefully he continues to progress.
          Peyton Hillis looks like a quality FB we've been missing since Howard Griffith.

          And, to add, good coaching can make these average/below average players look a lot better than they are. Its all about creating mismatches and overcoming weaknesses, which the coaches have yet to do this year really.

          Comment


          • We are weak on talent. It's been a problem for a while.

            Offense: I think we are okay at most of the skill positions, and the OL does a good job pass blocking. Run blocking and running back need major upgrades. Preparation needs to be seriously improved - too many games start off with us looking like we aren't ready to go.

            Defense: It's a wreck. About 75% of the players need to be dumped. No more undersized DE's. No more "fast but dumb" LB's. No more trash heap safeties. Shoot Slowik in the face and dump his body in the woods. Stop playing prevent defense all game. Bring someone in who can actually assess defensive talent, because Shanny sure as hell can't.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Diehard View Post
              We are weak on talent. It's been a problem for a while.

              Offense: I think we are okay at most of the skill positions, and the OL does a good job pass blocking. Run blocking and running back need major upgrades. Preparation needs to be seriously improved - too many games start off with us looking like we aren't ready to go.

              Defense: It's a wreck. About 75% of the players need to be dumped. No more undersized DE's. No more "fast but dumb" LB's. No more trash heap safeties. Shoot Slowik in the face and dump his body in the woods. Stop playing prevent defense all game. Bring someone in who can actually assess defensive talent, because Shanny sure as hell can't.
              Only thing offensively we need to address is RB and interior OL IMO, maybe look at adding depth to WR.

              Defensively, we are not that bad.

              Originally posted by njx9
              i don't know that you've persuaded me that we're not god awful, but ok... i expect the tackles to look very ordinary at times. and you're right, harris and clady HAVE looked good for rookies. that said, when two rookies are dramatically outplaying the rest of the line... they were putrid last year, this year they've slightly improved. i mean, at least pears isn't playing.
              Well, maybe it shows that we have a couple Pro Bowl talents at OT? Kuper IMO is playing decently, and Weigmann as well. Hamilton is awful though IMO.

              i love scheffler. but the guy needs to learn how to block so we can release stonehands-vastly-overpaid dan graham.
              I hope he does too, and learns to stay healthy.
              And Graham was a waste of a FA signing, I still don't understand that signing.

              i think DJ would be all right if he were surrounded by talent. but since he's not, every single weakness is regularly exposed. from last year to this year, i don't see any difference. he still steps back first, he still reads plays poorly. *shrug* if the rest of the league still thinks his value is high, i'd love to move him. however, if we were just going to trade him like we traded foxworth (for like, a 6th or 7th round pick)... well, i don't think he's quite THAT bad.

              i like thomas and i'm starting to not think moss is a bust, but again... they shouldn't be the better players on our defense. especially since i don't think either would be more than a #3 on any good team right now.
              Its a little too early to call some guys busts, or say they are good(Thomas, Crowder, Moss), so thats up in the air.
              We definitely need to upgrade certain positions though. Heck, I wouldn't be opposed to trading Dumervil for a 3rd round pick and sign Julius Peppers or Terrell Suggs.

              [quote[and i don't think slowik is the answer. that said, we've had the same problems through like, 47 coaching changes. at some point, it stops being the coaches and starts being the crap they've been given to work with.

              this team will NEVER get better until either we get someone who has some vague ability to assess talent or until shanahan gets lucky.[/QUOTE]

              I have a feeling if we miss the playoffs again, Shanny will leave. I don't see how he can get a free pass from whats been going on.
              New HC, new DC, new OC?

              Comment


              • You expect shanny to leave?

                He will be hear till he gets tired of it. He just bought a billion (or something) dollar house in Denver. He isn't going anywhere.

                Comment


                • The Denver Broncos have agreed to terms with running back Tatum Bell.

                  He is back!

                  #MoncriefArmy

                  Comment


                  • THE LEGEND IS BACK

                    who is next Olandis Gary?
                    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

                    Comment


                    • I ran for 3000 yards once with Tatum Bell on Madden 05.

                      Here's to hoping he repeats my successes.


                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

                      Comment


                      • all i want for christmas is brandon spikes in a broncos uniform
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IQShWogLzw
                        he has that intensity that carries over to teammates, and you either have it (winborn, however, it doesn't carry over) or you don't.

                        i have him #2 to maualuga, however, given the choice, i'd rather see spikes suit up for us.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
                          I ran for 3000 yards once with Tatum Bell on Madden 05.

                          Here's to hoping he repeats my successes.
                          Bell on Madden 05-06 was unstoppable.... won many games online on that mans sholders

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ChezPower4 View Post
                            Bell on Madden 05-06 was unstoppable.... won many games online on that mans sholders
                            I Form HB Counter to the house... you don't even need to set up anything to counter from.


                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                              all i want for christmas is brandon spikes in a broncos uniform
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IQShWogLzw
                              he has that intensity that carries over to teammates, and you either have it (winborn, however, it doesn't carry over) or you don't.

                              i have him #2 to maualuga, however, given the choice, i'd rather see spikes suit up for us.
                              I'd love to see us draft Spikes. I'd almost prefer him over Rey Rey.
                              With where we most likely will be drafting, around pick 20, I'm not sure who will be available for us.
                              Hopefully Spikes or Rey will be, if not, then hopefully Moore or Mays will be. If none of those 4 are available, I'm almost inclined to say go for drafting a RB in round 1.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
                                I'd love to see us draft Spikes. I'd almost prefer him over Rey Rey.
                                With where we most likely will be drafting, around pick 20, I'm not sure who will be available for us.
                                Hopefully Spikes or Rey will be, if not, then hopefully Moore or Mays will be. If none of those 4 are available, I'm almost inclined to say go for drafting a RB in round 1.
                                With each passing game it becomes more and more obvious that our safeties are awful. Lowry takes the worst angles, and can't tackle anything, I have ever seen.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information