This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rascal View Post
    With each passing game it becomes more and more obvious that our safeties are awful. Lowry takes the worst angles, and can't tackle anything, I have ever seen.
    I think from what I see, we can get great value in the 2nd round at safety. 1st round, its either Moore or Mays.
    Heck, MLB might not be that big of a need if Larsen plays well.
    Safety though is without a doubt a huge need for the Broncos. Manuel, McCree and Lowry are all awful. And to think we traded away Foxworth so we could sign Lowry, lol.
    But we also need a RB IMO. If Mays and Moore are both gone, might not be a bad idea to take a RB if one is available there, say Moreno.

Comment

• Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
      I think from what I see, we can get great value in the 2nd round at safety. 1st round, its either Moore or Mays.
      Heck, MLB might not be that big of a need if Larsen plays well.
      Safety though is without a doubt a huge need for the Broncos. Manuel, McCree and Lowry are all awful. And to think we traded away Foxworth so we could sign Lowry, lol.
      But we also need a RB IMO. If Mays and Moore are both gone, might not be a bad idea to take a RB if one is available there, say Moreno.
      An offensive player in the first two rounds is a waste IMO. The offense is fine but we have huge holes on defense.

Comment

• I think we have a huge hole in the running game though. If we can add a solid RB who isn't 30, injury prone or drafted in rounds 5-7 that should help. But yeah if Spikes, Rey, Mays and Moore are gone, I think we'd need to go RB. Maybe take Kevin Ellison later? I dunno where he's slated to go.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by rascal View Post
          An offensive player in the first two rounds is a waste IMO. The offense is fine but we have huge holes on defense.
          The offense is not set, because take a look at our running game. You don't draft solely on need in the draft, that gets you reaching for players and resulting in poor drafts.
          If there is no legitimate pick for safety or LB in round 1, I say go ahead and take a RB if one is available, heck maybe OG or C.
          Having a good/great RB will make this offense that much better. Right now, I have little faith in the run game.

Saying it is a waste is being ignorant and not seeing the problems we have in the running game.

Comment

• Welp, why do we play so fat and inconsistent.
            Offensive playcalling was ATROCIOUS. Same freakin plays all game, and deep passes. Where is the awesome playcalling from the first 3 games? Geez, this sucks.

Comment

• I completely agree with you there njx. I couldn't believe how poorly coached we were.

Comment

• It was the Chief's game all over again: lack of preparation, poor execution, ****** gameplan.

This team simply isn't good enough to be looking past anybody... especially a division rival with an axe to grind after we nuked them at home in week 1.

The silver lining? The Chargers lost too. Good lord, the AFC West is pathetic...

Comment

• If Hillis doesn't fumble we're looking at a totally different game. Let's not go into "fire Shanahan" mode just yet. The team has showed it has potential to play good games. I'm not ready to give up on this team just yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
                    If Hillis doesn't fumble we're looking at a totally different game. Let's not go into "fire Shanahan" mode just yet. The team has showed it has potential to play good games. I'm not ready to give up on this team just yet.
                    Anybody can play the what if game.
                    Fact is, we were outcoached. Plain and simple, we were outcoached and outplayed.

Facts:
                    Defense - ranked 28th overall, 26th against the run, 25h against the pass and 28th in points allowed
                    Our turnover ratio has been AWFUL for the past 7 years. 1 good year in 2005, thats it from 2002 til today.
                    Defense has been awful for the most part from 2002 up til now.
                    Poor gameplanning and playcalling for the most part.

This isn't a good team, and its not all on the players, part of it is piss poor coaching.

Comment

• This made me think of you njx9

Comment

• Wow this forum is a graveyard.

Comment

• random thought

I love Cutler's cockiness. The league NEEDS swagger!

Comment

• Pretty big win today against the Jets. Cannot believe the 180 we did this week compared to Raiders last week.

Broncos magic number is now 2. < any combination of bronco wins or charger losses >

Comment

• Originally posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
                              Pretty big win today against the Jets. Cannot believe the 180 we did this week compared to Raiders last week.
                              The announcers mentioned "inconsistency" and "playing to the level of the opposition" a number of times today... and for once, they are correct. I can see a lot of good teams not wanting to go against us right now, but at the same time a team like the Chiefs probably thinks they have a good chance of beating us next week (and they're probably right).

Broncos magic number is now 2. < any combination of bronco wins or charger losses >
                              That statement speaks volumes about how much the Chargers have declined this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                                boy am i glad you pointed that out.
                                and with comments like the one above, I wonder why...

The Broncos are the Jekyll and Hyde of the NFL. Get blown out by the Raiders, and then beat arguably the hottest team in the NFL in their house. It's not easy being a Broncos fan, you never know what you're going to get. Peyton Hillis is officially a steal, as are Josh Bell and Wesley Woodyard. I love our young contributors.
                                Last edited by urinemonkey; 11-30-2008, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information