Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graham was signed for 5 years I think.
    And it isn't about just fielding the best LB's, they have to be able to play the position. And with that Woodyard at weakside, DJ at strongside is the best with Larsen at MLB IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
      Graham was signed for 5 years I think.
      And it isn't about just fielding the best LB's, they have to be able to play the position. And with that Woodyard at weakside, DJ at strongside is the best with Larsen at MLB IMO.
      Switch Larsen for Brandon Spikes and we'd be looking good.

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
        What do you think the chances are of trading DJ Williams?
        In reality, I doubt it. In a Forum Mock, likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
          and then we "only" have to get DTs, DEs who can consistently rush (since we'll still refuse to blitz because shanahan's an idiot) and a couple of safeties who have actually played football before.

i'm not really that pessimistic. i think moss looked like he could at least be average. i think dumervil could be better if we didn't have to play him every single down. and i still largely like marcus thomas, although i don't know why.

i wonder if we could trade washington a 3rd and t. bell for landry and portis.
          Hmm, I think adding Paymah will put this trade over the top!

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

and then we "only" have to get DTs, DEs who can consistently rush (since we'll still refuse to blitz because shanahan's an idiot) and a couple of safeties who have actually played football before.
            LOL, yeah, well at least we'd have the LB corps solidified...

re: the DL - I agree, it needs 2 quality, every-down players

re: blitzing - in Shanahan's defense, our LB and S can't blitz worth a damn anyway... that's partly why I like Spikes

re: S - no question, we've got a craptastic group of safeties

I think we can draft just about any defensive position other than WLB and get an upgrade. That should give Shanahan plenty of freedom to look for value in the draft. Of course, he won't be able to resist offense... RB, OL and something else (I get the funny feeling it might be TE).

Comment

• I think Taylor Mays is who we need to grab. Even though Dre Bly isn't great, I think putting him in one on one on his side, with Champ one on one on the other along with Mays playing centerfield will make us tough to beat through the air. Then we can bring Lynch back, stack the box with 8 dudes and blitz blitz blitz blitz blitz!

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              Originally posted by njx9
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Interested note, Cory Boyd, will be the starter this Sunday against Carolina. Boyd was just signed off the practice squad after Hillis went to IR

Comment

• Originally posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
                  Interested note, Cory Boyd, will be the starter this Sunday against Carolina. Boyd was just signed off the practice squad after Hillis went to IR
                  He's back like cooked crack...

Attitude aside, he looked pretty good at SC. Runs with power, can catch the ball, blocks pretty well. The start of his NFL career was, well, "inauspicious"... but he has a chance now to turn things around.

Comment

other than that he apparently somehow sucks even more than i thought, any idea why bell isn't getting the start?
                    The quasi-official word appears to be Boyd showed a lot more in practice than the other backs did.

IMO, the issue with Bell is hesitation. Hawking cell phones doesn't do much for your football awareness. If Boyd came in and flashed some decisive running, it would've been an easy decision for Shanahan.

Comment

• What is this, like our 10th RB we've started this year?
                      Selvin Young
                      Michael Pittman
                      Ryan Torrain
                      Peyton Hillis
                      Cory Boyd

Did Hall ever get a start? Geez.

And defensively, I think we need to look at signing Julius Peppers or Terrell Suggs at DE, draft a MLB and S high in the draft. I think we can get a pretty solid safety in rounds 2 and 3 IMO.

Comment

• Daryl Ga--... nope.
                        Jake Plu--no.
                        Ian Go--nope.
                        Rod Smith?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

i've already given up on signing anyone decent.

shanny will fall in love with another worthless player (see: dan graham) and dramatically overpay him while ignoring players with actual talent who end up signing for substantially less money. we'll probably give like, boss bailey a $12 million dollar a year extension because he's really effective in the role of chief tackle misser.

does anyone remember the last good free agent we signed?
                          Stokley? 10

Comment

i've already given up on signing anyone decent.

shanny will fall in love with another worthless player (see: dan graham) and dramatically overpay him while ignoring players with actual talent who end up signing for substantially less money. we'll probably give like, boss bailey a $12 million dollar a year extension because he's really effective in the role of chief tackle misser.

does anyone remember the last good free agent we signed?
                            John Lynch wasn't a bad free agent signing. He really helped the defense in 2005.
                            How about Casey Weigmann this year?
                            Brandon Stokley as well.

I just hope we don't look at signing a RB to a fat contract, like Jacobs. Hardly any FA RB has performed well in their new place.

Comment

• Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
                              Graham was signed for 5 years I think.
                              DJ has pretty much stated before he won't be playing strong side again.

Comment

maybe he can fight winborn.

other than that he apparently somehow sucks even more than i thought, any idea why bell isn't getting the start?
                                Because Shanny has grown to love the power running game more and get consistent 4+ yards than the 1-2 yards most of the time and then the random 30-40 yard burst.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information