This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CT Bronco Fan
    it's true Titan, You can Hire Spags, End up signing Peppers, and Haynesworth, and then draft Mays in the first, and get Spikes to drop to you in the 2nd. And he would complain you didn't help the offense. =)
    Lol, oh I know. I've had conversations with njx before. :D

Speaking of the offense, which RB's do you guys like in the Draft, particularly in the 2nd RD? I'm debating on signing a solid but unspectacular RB in FA, and drafting one like Shonn Green in the 2nd RD.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
      Lol, oh I know. I've had conversations with njx before. :D

Speaking of the offense, which RB's do you guys like in the Draft, particularly in the 2nd RD? I'm debating on signing a solid but unspectacular RB in FA, and drafting one like Shonn Green in the 2nd RD.
      I may be alone in my thinking, but I don't really see RB as an early round need. I absolutely love the stable of RB's we already have, especially Hillis, Torain, and Pittman, our backfield is already very crowded, and with all of the needs we have on defense, I don't think there's any reason to draft a RB that early.

Comment

• Originally posted by CT Bronco Fan
        I may be alone in my thinking, but I don't really see RB as an early round need. I absolutely love the stable of RB's we already have, especially Hillis, Torain, and Pittman, our backfield is already very crowded, and with all of the needs we have on defense, I don't think there's any reason to draft a RB that early.
        Originally posted by njx9
        and for the record, i don't love an early round (or even late round) rb, now that we may have someone who can competently draft defensive players.
        I believe many of ya'lls RB's are FA's. Michael Pittman, Andre Hall, and Tatum Bell are for sure. I believe PJ Pope, Andrew Pinnock, Alex Haynes, and Cory Boyd are too as their contracts were undisclosed. So only Selvin Young, Ryan Torain, Peyton Hillis, and Anthony Aldridge are set to return. If ya'lls opinions on those guys are high, then I'd agree that RB isn't a big draft need.
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• If you aren't interested in Denver getting a running back, you obviously have a problem.
          Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
            i really like javon ringer. i don't fully understand why.

and for the record, i don't love an early round (or even late round) rb, now that we may have someone who can competently draft defensive players.
            That's so weird. I was watching the bowl game against Georgia, and I was wondering what would stop the Broncos from taking a flier on him. He looks like a nice, physical runner who can handle a lot of carries. Hmmmm. I don't know.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
              So only Selvin Young, Ryan Torain, Peyton Hillis, and Anthony Aldridge are set to return. If ya'lls opinions on those guys are high, then I'd agree that RB isn't a big draft need.
              Young - okay speed, indecisive runner at times, often nicked up
              Torain - runs with power, seems to enjoy season-ending injuries
              Aldridge - flyweight who's one step away from a life-ending injury

Hillis is the only one who's really shown he can be a significant contributor the offense. His inside running combined with our passing attack is tough to defend against (see the Jets game).

So, yes, RB is a draft-day / FA need.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                That's so weird. I was watching the bowl game against Georgia, and I was wondering what would stop the Broncos from taking a flier on him. He looks like a nice, physical runner who can handle a lot of carries. Hmmmm. I don't know.
                Yes, he does look like a good fit for the Broncos. I like the word "reliable" to describe him... which is exactly what our running game needs to bring to the table in order to complement the passing attack.

Comment

• Hey guys, what is the verdict on Jarvis Moss and Tim Crowder? I really liked Crowder coming out in the 2007 draft.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I don't really like the senior RBs coming out other than Jeremiah Johnson. If the juniors come out I like Knowshon Moreno and Beanie Wells... but they're obvious first round talents and we have bigger needs to address there.

I'm just hoping for Taylor Mays... but any linebacker from USC would satisfy me too... like Maluagua or Cushing. Maybe even Matthews, too.

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

• Originally posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
                      I agree 100%. I also liked what I saw from Anthony Alridge during training camp and in the preseason. We need to focus on defense and get as many new starters in here as possible.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

i'm more interested in denver having someone who can tackle the other team's running back before he gets 7 yards a carry.
                        Why present a false dilemma? Denver can adequately address their defensive needs and add playmakers to to the offense. It isn't a tough concept to grasp.

Comment

denver will have the greatest draft ever and find a starter in every single round.
                          Finally, some optimism!!!

Comment

• nver narrows list of coaching candidates
                            By Adam Schefter

At this time last week, in this space, it was suggested that New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels was the leading candidate for the Broncos head coaching job. The point is still valid, only now it’s stronger.

Broncos chief operating officer Joe Ellis spent five and a half hours in Massachusetts on Thursday night, conducting a second interview with McDaniels in which he was said to be just as impressive as he was in his first meeting with a full contingent of Denver officials.

Now there is a growing concern in Foxboro, Mass., that the Patriots are on the verge of losing their offensive coordinator, the man who is in charge of the offense and helped elevate the play of quarterbacks Tom Brady and Matt Cassel.

Though Denver refuses to say anything, it clearly has McDaniels in its list of a select few finalists. The others are thought to be Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier and Buccaneers defensive coordinator Raheem Morris.

But Denver has been so busy this week that is is possible, even likely, that it will make its move as early as Monday and introduce the next coach of the Broncos early this week.

The Broncos also have made it clear that, even though their defense is in disrepair, they want to hire the best head coach, even if he doesn’t come from the defensive side of the football.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/10/denv...ng-candidates/

~~

Uggh.

Comment

can they also end world hunger and bring world peace? just because you say it doesn't make it remotely true.
                              You say some of the dumbest **** ever. Do you even listen to yourself?

but i'd be interested in seeing how we can "adequately address" the fact that our linebackers might be the worst in the league, our safeties couldn't start on most college teams, we need DT help *and* get a "playmaker" at RB. unless you're presuming that denver will have the greatest draft ever and find a starter in every single round.
                              Denver has nine selections and is 31 million dollars under the cap. It is likely that Denver won't be able to address ever weakness we have, but we can adequately (look up the definition of the word, in case you don't know it) build towards resurrecting their future.

It is going to take more than one off-season to fix the deficiencies we have on this team. Fans need to be patient and realize this. Unfortunately, most aren't and don't really have a clue how things work -- so posts like yours and many others that I read on a daily basis over the internet on Broncos Forums really aren't that surprising.

Denver is going to use at least one pick on offense in this draft -- and they should. Like I said, don't present a false dilemma. It is just silly.

With the wealth of talent in this years draft and the group of picks we have, Denver can afford to select a back within the top several rounds. I'm not advocating the first-round, not at all -- I'm advocating looking for a very talented back who should be available with our second round selection. I believe there will be a similar run on running backs as there were wide receivers in this past draft. Just a hunch.

It is quite obvious that you're a fan of the draft (damn near 18,000 posts here) -- and I'm almost positive you know about the underclassmen coming into this years draft.

Take into consideration the positions teams need help at, ones they don't and where our value matches up (I did a 4,000 word article for BroncoTalk on this, feel free to go there if you're interested) - and Denver will have absolutely wonderful chances (in my opinion) to get the players necessary to help build this franchise back to a contender.

It will take more than just the draft. That is why there is free agency as well. People just need to stop saying, "We can't afford to take a running back." ********. Those people need to buy a clue or actually start to understand how the NFL works.

Sorry if I'm coming off an an asshole, but I don't take kindly to false dilemmas, logical fallacies and words being put into my mouth.

Just had to stunt. Sorry to burst your bubble NJX.

Comment

• The expansion team's GMs took Daniel Graham and Marquand Manuel for their team. Losing Graham's big contract will free up some cap space, and Manuel wasn't exactly playing for vet minimum.
                                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information