Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raji in the first...After senior bowl practices im lovin this guy more than I did pre January....

As for those wondering about running back for Denver, i suggest you put a little research into a fella named Shonn Greene out of IOWA, simple youtube search will do, this kid could be denvers next 1000 yrd rusher EASY

3rd round, we need to fill the need for a immediate starter at LB, barring DJs willingness to move back to ILB, i say if avaiable we go after Marcus Freeman OLB Ohio State, he has also been having a good week at Senior Bowl pratices. This one however may be a reach....HIS STOCK IS GOING NOTHING BUT ^^^^^

2009 DRAFT WISHLIST

RD#1 BJ RAJI DT Boston College or Rey Maualuga MLB USC

RD#2 Shonn Greene RB Iowa or Ron Brace DT Boston College

RD#3 Marcus Freeman OLB Ohio State or Javon Ringer RB Michigan State

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by IPICKEDYOUOFF View Post
        As for those wondering about running back for Denver, i suggest you put a little research into a fella named Shonn Greene out of IOWA, simple youtube search will do, this kid could be denvers next 1000 yrd rusher EASY
        You don't want another RB on IR, do you?

Comment

• Originally posted by shady00 View Post
          You don't want another RB on IR, do you?
          and instanly you are quick to bring up injury(like everyone)....
          fathum on this please..

We need another back, no doubt...
          Backs get hurt, no doubt...
          RBs have the shortest carreers due to the workload they indure, no doubt

majority of RBs in the top tear of the draft have had prevouis injuries, is this the reason for your inquery

im not saying this man needs to step in and be a 3-down back instantly ethier

please explain yourself...

2009 DRAFT WISHLIST

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
            i think he's saying he doesn't want a guy with an injury history.

i think taking another RB just because we had a lot of injuries last year is stupid and i think passing on a talented guy because he's had a few injuries is stupid if you're applying the "ZOMG IR" argument.
            So your saying we dont need anymore backs
            (What we have, no perticular order)
            Peyton Hillis- My personal fav. However i think we'd benifit more from him taking carriers and catching balls from the FB position. Also would like to see him playing TE in some packages. Also a great short yardage halfback.

Selvin Young-If your talking injuries your talking young. Simple. He had a good college carreer but because of Injury became a UDFA. I like this kid but as for many of our backs is not a Starting 3 down NFL RB, IMO. I like him as a relif back....

Ryan Torain-A lotta hype around this cat, yet to prove anything to me. 12 Carries 68 Yrds and a goalline TD...5.6YPC not bad though...Id like to hold on to him see how it goes...

Tatum Bell-My brother is buried in a Tatum Jersey, i cant dislike this guy. Showed some heart and promise at the end of the 08 season...Like to see him back as a backup 3rd or 4th string.

Cory Boyd- CUT/PS
            Alex Haynes-CUT/PS

Anthony Alrigde-I like him in the return game but havent seen anything outta the back field, he was put on the IR at the end of preseason never got to see him in a NFL GAME...I'll give this one to the staff to decide

Andre Hall-CUT

Michael Pittmen-Aging but runs hard downhill, nice 3rd down back....

PJ POPE-CUT/PS

I dont see how it can be argued that we arnt missing a featured Back....
            Theres only 3 on the list that even come close.....
            Young, a fan fav didnt look anything last year like he did the year before
            Pittmen, is a once again ageing and isnt a everydown back period
            TORAIN?, thats all he is right now a ? and thats only because Shanny created the hype...

WE NEED A FEATURED BACK, be in Knowson or Wells in the first(not saying im for this)or McCoy, Brown, Greene in the second...

RB1-DRAFT
            RB2-Young
            RB3-Torain/Bell
            ShortYardage/Goaline/3rd Down RB-Pittmen
            FB-Hillis
            KR-Alridge

Whats wrong with that^^^?

Oh yea we still have a Combine to go......

I agree......

I may have misunderstood what you said, but this is what im thinking?
            ZOMG IR????Explain

2009 DRAFT WISHLIST

Comment

• RB is on the bottom end of needs IMO.

If a spectacular value should come up fine, but this team won't go anywhere until that defense is improved.

Comment

no, that's not at all what i said. i said that thinking we have to take a back to fix last year's IR issues is stupid. if a good back for whatever our system will be is available at a pick and represents the best player we can take at that pick, we should take him. we SHOULDN'T take a back in the draft just because we had injuries last year. which appears to be the latest knee jerk reaction (the "ZOMG IR" reaction).
                I agree...i dont want a running back due to the injuries...
                I want a running back because I FEEL it is a pressing need even before 7 RBS went down....

Originally posted by rascal View Post
                RB is on the bottom end of needs IMO.

If a spectacular value should come up fine, but this team won't go anywhere until that defense is improved.
                I also understand this, we do have other needs, bigger needs LBing, D-line, secondary yes, our D-fense blows...

But you can find good defensive players later in the draft, day two....
                Running Backs, or "everydown backs" are very hard to come by day two, but it has been done(TD)

Try in look at the offseason all togather not just draft day(s)

Free Agency
                LBing and partial D-line as well as secondary work can be done here
                ie. canty, suggs, james, jones

Correct me if im wrong but what FA RBs are hitting the market this offseason...??

Mind you trades, cuts, and many other things will happen from now til the Draft and OTAS

So brings me to my simple solution as of now..

If possible
                RD1Raji NT
                RD2Greene RB
                RD3Freemen OLB
                Later rounds and FA(Wish i could elaborate more(BUSY))the other needs......
                DL, Saftey, Corner

Even though RB is not our most pressing need i see it as needing to be done via draft day 1....

2009 DRAFT WISHLIST

Comment

• Greene is a fine runner, but doesn't do much in the passing game (either as a blocker or receiver). I don't see that going over well in the Broncos' war room.

Someone who is a factor in the passing game could be a huge asset - the more weapons we can surround Cutler with the better.

Comment

• I hope you guys like Cover 3/1. Because thats pretty much what Nolan runs all the time (at least during his time as Bmore's DC).

Comment

it can't be worse than the cover 2 with nick ferguson and john lynch failing to be the 2.
                      at this point, you can pretty much overhaul the entire defense and not really care about who fits where.

wow...just thinking about Cover 2 with those 2 guys sends chills down my body.

Comment

it was absolutely horrible. i mean, it wasn't all the time at least. but nick ferguson is a lot of why people thought champ was overrated a few years ago. the guy had no idea what the heck he was doing.

the thing i'm most worried about with nolan is that he has never (afaik) *improved* a defense when he's been DC. almost every team he's coached had a *precipitous* drop the following season, and didn't really improve the following year. i mean, we can't get much worse. but that's not a good track record. i asked earlier, but i'm shocked anyone keeps hiring this guy.
                        i actually feel the same way about him. not his biggest fan.

at this point i guess all you can do is hope for better drafting, and just take it from there. i felt that with that high octane offense, a cheap quick fix Cover 2 defense would be the best and most efficient way to compliment that offense long term.

but what's done is done.

Comment

• You're welcome.

Virginia Tech.
                          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

it'll be great when, someday, you actually talk about something without tying it back to tech or atlanta.
                            Why would I do that?

Eddie Royal is a beast.
                            Virginia Tech.
                            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Just so you guys know, when the Vikings move you guys are officially my favorite team.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                                Just so you guys know, when the Vikings move you guys are officially my favorite team.
                                My brother-in-law used to have season tickets for the Vikes (he lived in St. Louis Park), so I've done my share of cheering for the purple guys. It would be a real shame if they moved.

Anyway, we'll save you a spot. Plenty of empty seats around here anyway - having no defense isn't a particularly good way to enhance your fan base...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information