Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel that after this trade we NEED to resign Brandon Marshall. That is the only way this trade turns out a success. What do you guys think are they chances we actually keep Brandon Marshall now?

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
      picking up another worthless waste of money at qb does nothing for us
      But that's just it. There's no cap this year. Please enlighten me if there is some sort of technicality that would make his salary matter in 2010, because I don't really know the specifics. We can always just dump him if he sucks like we all think he probably will. If they want to spend the money on Quinn, that's fine. It's not coming out of my or your pocket, and it's not effecting the cap. If he stays here past 2011, it's probably because he's now our starting quarterback. We're not keeping 4 QB's. So either Brandstater or Simms is gone. And I doubt we dump Brandstater.

So what if Quinn fails to play well? It wouldn't be the end of the world. Like you said, we gave up nothing relevant, so there's no real reason to fret. This probably won't do anything for us, but I don't really thing this move is brutal by any stretch of the imagination.
      Last edited by Jimmy; 03-14-2010, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• This was a good move, Quinn has spent his entire career with the god-awful Browns. The Broncos have one of the best receiving cores in the league (if the keep Marshall), and an offensive master mind at coach. He impressed a lot of people coming out of college, this was a slim price to pay to see if he can step up and make plays, and worst case scenario he's a better backup than Phil Simms.

Comment

• There is very little downside here. The picks are late rounders *and* deferred. Hillis wasn't going to be a big factor in our offense either.

Quinn should be pretty happy - he gets a fresh start in an offense he's familiar with from college.

Comment

• The only game of his I actually watched closely was the one in 2008 against us. He actually looked pretty good. Apparently it was the only good NFL game he has ever played, so I refuse to make any judgment on how good a move this is.

Hopefully we have a running game this year for all 16 weeks, so even if Quinn has to play at some point, there wont be too big a load on his shoulders.

Comment

• Well he was good this year against Detroit too, but other than that, crap. So he's capable of what I've known all along, and that's dominating absolutely abysmal defenses. Defenses that can't pressure OR cover. How's our sched looking for next year? Any chance we can face ten of those teams and potentially make the playoffs?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              Originally posted by njx9
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Hey Quinn did a fabulous job of handing the ball off to Jerome Harrison when he went for 300 against the Chiefs last year, so at least he has that down! Besides that, it would have been tough for Tom Brady to have much of a year with the Browns receiving corps. They were second in the league in drops, trailing only the Chefs.

Comment

• Originally posted by MizzouBig12 View Post
                  Hey Quinn did a fabulous job of handing the ball off to Jerome Harrison when he went for 300 against the Chiefs last year, so at least he has that down! Besides that, it would have been tough for Tom Brady to have much of a year with the Browns receiving corps. They were second in the league in drops, trailing only the Chefs.
                  The only relevant question to run our offense though, is he can he throw a screen pass?

Comment

• Originally posted by MizzouBig12 View Post
                    Hey Quinn did a fabulous job of handing the ball off to Jerome Harrison when he went for 300 against the Chiefs last year, so at least he has that down! Besides that, it would have been tough for Tom Brady to have much of a year with the Browns receiving corps. They were second in the league in drops, trailing only the Chefs.
                    Yeah but Quinn was first in the league in:

"OH **** OH **** OH **** PRESSURE"
                    *ball hits ground*

****, I miss Jay Cutler.

Originally posted by Scott Wright

Comment

• Looking at OL...

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=1...=4298648&fhn=1

Last week, the Denver Broncos worked out UMass guard Vladimir Ducasse, and this week they remain in Massachusetts to scout another interior offensive lineman. Scout.com has learned that the Broncos will be in Chestnut Hill on Tuesday, March 16th to work out Boston College center Matt Tennant.
                      Good to see the team is checking out the interior OL prospects.

Comment

• Praise the Football Gods!

Chris Simms cut...

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...ssimplepiehome

That made my day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diehard View Post
                          Chris Simms cut...

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...ssimplepiehome

That made my day.

Oh yeahhhhh. didn't quite made my day but I got a boner

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Wright

Comment

• Looks like we're working out J.D.Walton as well...

http://twitter.com/chrissteuber

I'm reporting that Baylor center J.D. Walton has a private workout scheduled with the Denver Broncos this week and Atlanta Falcons next week

Comment

• Broncos working out Toby Gerhart

Might be nice to add a battering ram into the mix at running back.

http://arizonastate.scout.com/a.z?s=...=4203219&fhn=1

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information