Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if there is a battering ram available late round, then great, but we really gotta get a ilb, two interior o-lineman, a cb and probably a wr first.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
      i don't know that i'm into spending top 2 picks on running backs in consecutive years, especially on a team with a ludicrous number of other needs.
      Perhaps they are thinking/hoping he'll be around in the 3rd.

A lot of these prospect workout rumors involve guys in that 2nd-3rd round band. I wonder if the team is trying to work out a deal that would give them extra picks in that area. In terms of value, this is a great draft to be picking in those rounds.

Comment

i don't know that i'm into spending top 2 picks on running backs in consecutive years, especially on a team with a ludicrous number of other needs.
        you see.. im pretty sure moreno is just a bust. thats the thing. and i felt that way with moss after year one to a certain extent. better admit our mistake then waiting 2 years to get a new one. yet in the nfl, no organization is ballsy enough to eat crow after just one year. i wish we'd draft a rb to a certain extent, but we both know it won't happen

Comment

• Is Moreno that bad? :/

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
          like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• I don't think Moreno is a bust. He's a decent back, and he should grow with an improved line. He'll never live up to his selection, of course, but you shouldn't write him off after one year.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

• Shawn Andrews just got released. If we can sign him to a reasonable deal I'd love to bring him in. At the very least he'd provide some depth at guard.

Comment

• He's had some mental problems (depression?) and lots of work done on his back. The most recent surgery was in December, so I don't think it would be wise to expect him to be ready for TC.

Comment

• I've heard that he doesn't have passion for the game anymore. He's been contemplating retirement.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

• Originally posted by jCut View Post
                    I've heard that he doesn't have passion for the game anymore. He's been contemplating retirement.
                    I'll pass in that case

Comment

• I think the Broncos need to take a serious look at drafting Jamar Chaney in the third or fourth round. He has had some injuries but I don't think it's indicative of future problems. He kicked ass in the senior bowl, but up solid numbers at Miss St, and showed excellent mobility, explosiveness, and strength in the combine. I think he could compete right away for our ILB vacancy or at least provide solid backup behind Haggan (if that is who starts) and DJ. I don't have a lot of faith in Larsen and he seems destined for FB duties with the departure of Hillis.

Comment

• Apparently we are so in need of a big fatty inside, that ESPN is helping us out by putting this guy on our roster:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2550

Wierdness.

Comment

• Broncos | Ayers likely will get bigger role next season
                          Sat, 20 Mar 2010 15:03:36 -0700

Lindsay H. Jones, of The Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos DE Robert Ayers likely will receive a bigger role at outside linebacker next season.

Broncos | Haggan expected to play inside
                          Sat, 20 Mar 2010 14:49:23 -0700

Lindsay H. Jones, of The Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos LB Mario Haggan is expected to play at inside linebacker next season.

Broncos | J. Williams expected to start
                          Sat, 20 Mar 2010 14:45:24 -0700

Lindsay H. Jones, of The Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos DT Jamal Williams is expected to start at nose tackle next season.

Broncos | Green expected to start
                          Sat, 20 Mar 2010 14:44:28 -0700

Lindsay H. Jones, of The Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos DL Jarvis Green is expected to start at defensive end next season.

Broncos | Bannan expected to start
                          Sat, 20 Mar 2010 14:42:15 -0700

Lindsay H. Jones, of The Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos DL Justin Bannan is expected to start at defensive end next season.

Broncos | Thomas working on losing weight
                          Sat, 20 Mar 2010 12:58:33 -0700

Mike Klis, of The Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos DL Marcus Thomas is working on losing weight because he wants to become a candidate to play at defensive end. He is working on getting down to 292 pounds.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/15/nfl#ixzz0in087mcr

Comment

as opposed to .... ?

no offense to you, jimmy. i'm just shocked that lindsay h. jones thought those items were reportable.
                            none taken. kffl is the king of 10 word news stories

Comment

• More prospect workouts

Some more guys we're taking a closer look at:

Arrelious Benn

http://www.dailyillini.com/sports/fo...pro-timing-day
                              The projected first-round pick said he would be working out with the Denver Broncos, among other teams, in the ensuing weeks.
                              Dexter McCluster

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest
                              Mississippi receiver Dexter McCluster said on SIRIUS NFL radio Saturday he will have a private workout with Denver.
                              Montario Hardesty

http://www.tricitiessports.com/defau...sports&he=.com
                              Hardesty said he's had contact with 14 teams since the season ended and is working out Friday for the Denver Broncos.
                              I'm getting the feeling that anyone who was/is hoping for a defense-heavy draft is going to be disappointed.

Comment

that said, i don't get why we're looking at benn. guy seems likely to be gone around 20. i understand there could be a trade down, i'm more concerned that we'll take him at 11.
                                I'm not worried about us taking him at 11. A trade down or compensation for Brandon Marshall could put us in position to take Benn in the late first / early second.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information