This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Monomach View Post
    I feel for you, guys. I know you're all going to talk yourselves into loving Tebow and stuff because it's all you can do, but yeah...Seriously, my heart goes out to you.
    Nah, in 9 months time when BMarsh makes headlines for *****-slapping his woman with a half-eaten Filet-O-Fish, I'll be pleased that he's some other team's problem to deal with.

Comment

• I will give Josh this - he has a vision and he is going to go and make it happen. Most people in the world dont have the cahones to go so far out on a limb.

I am not going to fight it, second guess it, or completely buy into it. It is what it is. Whoever he takes is my team, and I hope like **** that they win each week. His plan has merit, even if it is not what I would do, so hears to hoping that it works (and if not I can tell my 1 yr old twins some time when they are old enough about this ****-up of a coach the Broncos hired back when they were born).

Comment

• Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
        I will give Josh this - he has a vision and he is going to go and make it happen. Most people in the world dont have the cahones to go so far out on a limb.

I am not going to fight it, second guess it, or completely buy into it. It is what it is. Whoever he takes is my team, and I hope like **** that they win each week. His plan has merit, even if it is not what I would do, so hears to hoping that it works (and if not I can tell my 1 yr old twins some time when they are old enough about this ****-up of a coach the Broncos hired back when they were born).

I haven't posted on this site in almost two years, but I honestly could not agree with you more. McDaniels is an arrogant prick. He is so fixated on this "character, high effort" direction.

My main argument would be: This is the NFL. I don't care how bad you want it. There are hundreds of people who would literally kill to be elite nfl players. However, to mcaniels credit, Tebow is not like another collegiate player, athlete, or person that I have ever experienced. I honestly think he is one of the most motivated individuals the general public has ever witnessed. There is the possibility that Tebow is that rare talent draft nicks wrongfully contrast on future draft picks.

I can here it now, "Obviously terrelle pryor doesnt have that Tim Tebow work ethic, but hes an elite athlete."

"Jake Locker will be a Tim Tebow type, you know the first guy in the building and the last guy to leave."

This descriptions of Tim Tebow's work ethic does not describe him. Its not that he will be the first guy in and the last guy to leave. Its the fact that he will not allow himself to be a loser. Now give me a chance to clarify here... To be completely honest, I truly question this pick this high. I simply do not trust Mcdaniels. He is too impulsive, cocky, and unproven. However, I do believe in Tim Tebow as a football player.

I find it difficult to picture a scenario where he says, "hey the NFL is too much for me, its too hard. I can't do it." And historically this has been the traditional downfall of all highly touted quarterbacks.

Joey Harrington emotionally broke down in Detriot and explicitly expressed he could not handle the pressure associated with being the QB for the passionate yet consistently unsatisfied Lions Fans. Ryan Leaf was too immature for the NFL. Tim Couch didn't have the leadership qualities and other intangibles. Jamarcus Russell never appreciated his opportunity in the NFL as anything more than a big pay day.

The main point is I cant think of a quarterback drafted in first round who only had mechanics negatively affecting his draft status. I am hoping and praying mcDaniels knows what he is doing, but at the same time are hopeful for the broncos future.

The thing that really tears me up about this new broncos regime is that its nothing like the super bowl winning teams or anything before. There is no Shannahan quality. Previously, we would take chances on character issue guys. Some times it would bite us in the ass, somtimes it would pay off. I miss that about the broncos... I use to get excited about hearing about character issue guys being on the trading block, thinking they could revitalize their careers in denver.

Now I've reached the conclusion its just simply not gonna happen. We are in a building phase and want to make a New England Patriot esque locker room. untill we have that strong foundation we we refuse to take any chances on character issue guys.

The only upside to Mcdaniels approach that ultimately somehow makes me believe is that is does somewhat resemeble those championships teams values.

The 97 and 98 broncos were comprised of hardworking, undervalued, low draft pick players. The new broncos might be able to bring a similar mentality by focusing on character guys.

Ultimately, I look at it this way, McDaniels has taken so many risk in such a short period of time, he is a boom or bust head coach. So from that angle the Broncos will either be extremely successful in the next two to three year or else we will fire mcDaniels and have the opportunity to start all over and hopefully rebuild in a more conservative and consistent manner.

Sig byDLS42

Comment

• i kinda feel like we've all forgotten that a day 2 pick is now a rd 2, 3 pick. i felt like i sorta lost sight of that and went to bed with this really crappy "we didn't reload on defense on day 1" mentality. but i really did forget that hey we still have a 2 and a 3.

Comment

• so.. can someone put together a list of what we've netted and what we've lost so far picks wise?
            Last edited by Jimmy; 04-23-2010, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
              so.. can someone put together a list of what we've netted and what we've lost so far picks wise?
              It's all listed in the Denver Broncos 2010 Off-season Transactions Thread

Comment

• Hey guys,

Haven't posted here in forever, but I had the impulse to do so after the Tebow pick.

Seems like most of you guys didn't like it initially but are willing to accept it now. I personally love the pick. There has not been a more celebrated college player than Tebow. Obviously, that doesn't necessarily imply that he will translate nicely into the NFL, but his tremendous upside simply cannot be ignored. It's a bold move by McDaniels, but I really believe this one will pay off.

Even though I disliked the Gators team, I never could dislike Tebow. He's a winner, an athlete, a leader, but he's also genuinely humble. This guy is coachable. He might struggle a lot early on, but this is the kind of player an entire team will rally around. We obviously have many needs on both sides of our team, but I think we can all agree that if Tebow lives up to the hype (which he is determined to do), everone will look back on this pick as an absolute steal.

By the way, I still get shivers when I listen to Tebow's pledge:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sGv2Zw-WQw

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

• There is rumor that denver will trade up into the early second round. let's see what happens.

Comment

• who the **** is zane beadles? fire mc d haha

Comment

• Current inside backers on the broncos roster:

DJ Williams
                      Wesley Woodyard
                      Spencer Larcen

I think McD really thought Weatherspoon was gonna be there at 24...

Sig byDLS42

Comment

• Gator fan here who came to check out the Tebow talk...

Surprisingly decent reception considering how much people around here hate him. Not a Broncos fan, thought I sort of became one with the pick, but if you care at all about my take, I'll offer it.

I don't know what McDaniels was doing with the trade, that was terrible value, but I guess he thought he needed to do it to get his guy. Anyway, I think Denver will actually not only maximize Tebow's short term potential, but also his long term potential.

McDaniels is clearly a gifted offensive mind, you have to admit, regardless of how he's running the team. He turned Kyle ******* Orton into a 3,800 yard passer with a 86.8 quarterback rating - 9.2 higher than his career best. So, I assume that he can work with Tebow as a quarterback in terms of reads and progressions, and Tebow will certainly be ready and willing to watch film and study the playbook 24/7. It's all a matter of the mechanics, which will still probably take another year or two to fully fix.

But that brings me to the next point. Denver has Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn on the roster as is. Orton was the quarterback of an 8-8 team last year, one that most people thought would be terrible. Brady Quinn still has untapped potential, although they did lose the top weapon. Regardless, having those guys allows Tebow to wait and learn how to be an NFL quarterback.

While he waits, I think McDaniels is certainly creative enough to create quite a few gadget plays and a special offensive package for Tebow, utilizing him in short yardage, as a wildcat QB, and even as a tight end.

So, although there are obviously guys who may have had higher grades and been better picks than Tebow, you have him, but be happy with the fact that this may be the best chance for him in all of the NFL. If you had just taken Dez Bryant instead of Demaryius Thomas, I think Denver would be golden right now, but it is what is.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3projectPAT6 View Post
                          Current inside backers on the broncos roster:

DJ Williams
                          Wesley Woodyard
                          Spencer Larcen

I think McD really thought Weatherspoon was gonna be there at 24...
                          i really like both woodyard and larson. woodyard isnt big enough.. but i like him

Comment

• pretty sure haggan will move inside and play ilb on running downs with woodyard replacing him on passing downs
                            Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
                            Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

• I have to say, I really like this draft. You really can't argue with 5 overall good guys. All tough, competitive and smart. Nice job so far McDaniels.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

• Apart from the slightly concerning lack of an ILB, I am pretty damn happy with the draft so far.

If Haggan can hold the fort down moving inside and the non-Tebow rookies can contribute, then we may actually be pretty competitive this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information