X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
    Boy he is lighting it up.

Still can't believe he went in the first...he is going to be a long project.
    Not his fault the Bengals showed up and that Bangles team got stuck in traffic

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

Comment

• tebow looked pretty damn good, albiet against the 3rd team defense

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
        tebow looked pretty damn good, albiet against the 3rd team defense
        He looked good against a prevent. They gave him the sides and the underneath with only a 4 man rush.

He looked like he had a slow throwing motion still. Made some decent throws. But really looked lost reading blitzes.

Plus the bonehead run at the end.

bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

Comment

• We learned tonight what we already basically knew. Orton has been great in camp, understands the offense and is making good decisions. Quinn and Tebow have a long way to go. Anyone that expected Tebow to look like an NFL QB tonight really, really knows nothing about football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
            We learned tonight what we already basically knew. Orton has been great in camp, understands the offense and is making good decisions. Quinn and Tebow have a long way to go. Anyone that expected Tebow to look like an NFL QB tonight really, really knows nothing about football.
            I am more worried about his decision making with the ball in terms of running. That last run was dumb. 3 seconds in game you are down by 2 scores and he does that? First preseason game too. I want the kid to succeed but plays like that shorten careers.

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
              I am more worried about his decision making with the ball in terms of running. That last run was dumb. 3 seconds in game you are down by 2 scores and he does that? First preseason game too. I want the kid to succeed but plays like that shorten careers.
              Shows me is going to go out and win, and that he has the balls to do what it takes to win. Hey he could get injured by pulling up and getting hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                Shows me is going to go out and win, and that he has the balls to do what it takes to win. Hey he could get injured by pulling up and getting hit.
                i agree with this. didn't you guys see his teammates surround him and give him some props? if he's willing to go that hard in the pre-season, he'll earn a lot of respect, and fast. he shows that he doesn't care what the situation, he wants to win.

Comment

• The will to win a game that cannot be won and it is a preseason game above all else?

I never said pull up. He should have slid.

bonekrusher
                  The Twitters
                  themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                    Decision making is exactly what rookie QBs need to develop when they get to the NFL. The game is quicker, hence less time to make decisions. He needs to learn what he can and cant do, should and shouldnt do. For a third string rookie QB that is trying to prove himself, erring on the side of doing a tough silly thing is better than squealing and dropping to the ground.

Comment

• Fine. But I won't feel bad if he does it against a better S than Herbet and gets injured.

bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                        brady quinn, still one of the worst qbs in the league.

at least we still have no running game. or special teams. or secondary (at least from the 2nd on).
                        that third CB spot looks like it will haunt us again this year.

punting/coverage was god awful

All I am taking from this game is 2010 first preseason game Orton >>>> 2009 first preseason game Orton.......this is a good thing.

Comment

• Orton was impressive.

bonekrusher
                          The Twitters
                          themaninblack

Comment

at least we still have no running game. or special teams. or secondary (at least from the 2nd on).
                            Yes Quinn sucked.

Running game had Moreno, Buckhalter, Clady, Kuper out. Can't blame McD for not running the ball.

Perrish Cox should be the #3 CB.
                            save Freeman

Comment

Quinn isn't giving me much hope either, but it seems like bringing him pushed Orton to take his game up a notch.

Anyway, don't get too carried away with the negativity. Our starting offense and defense both looked good... even with a number of backups plugged in to cover injuries. That is very encouraging.

Comment

to be fair, i messed up the the game start, so i missed all the starters. my critcism is entirely after quinn came in for the first time.
                                Ah, then I understand your discontent. Too bad you missed the start, because Orton, the receivers and Champ made some nice plays. We looked better than Cincy (which is why we went up 14-0 with starters in). That surprised me a bit as 1) we were missing a number of our top players, and 2) Cincy already had a preseason game under their belts.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information