This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by njx9
    did beadles start? i didn't hear his name at all... i need to find the quinn fumbles and see if it was him or walton...
    Walton and Beadles played the entire game. They wont for the rest of the preseason, but apparently McDaniels wanted them to have one full game under their belt before the season started. Seems like they are locked in as starters already.

Comment

anyone get a good look at beadles? i felt like he was yet another crappy robert ayers-esque pick, but even a crappy fit at guard is better than anything we played there last year.
      IMO, Beadles has been doing pretty well. Both he and Walton held up against Cincy's starters. Both have been getting a good push in the running game. Of course there are some rookie mistakes, particularly in pass protect.

Another encouraging development for the OL is that Batiste is showing that he can be effective as the backup LT, which we definitely need with Clady still on the mend. Not having to rely on Polumbus, who can't pass protect to save his life, is a bit of a relief.

Comment

i don't know how many WRs we're going to keep, but i want willis to be one of them. also, can we just cut quinn already? i'd rather get ramsey back.
        Quinn is terrible for sure. But would you be comfortable with just Tebow as the backup?

I can see Willis making the team. Assuming we keep 6, Willis can prob make it. If we only keep 5, It'd be pretty shocking to see him as the 5th. We might even keep 7 with how stacked we are at WR.

Sure Ins:
        Jabar Gaffney
        Eddie Royal
        Eric Decker
        Demaryius Thomas

Likely:
        Brandon Lloyd

On the Bubble:
        Brandon Stokley
        Matthew Willis

Comment

• Nice to note that Ayers and Moss both got sacks yesterday. Hopefully even though against backups in the preseason, it gives them a taste for it.

We need to really hope that DJ and Mario stay healthy this season, as the backup LB options look awful.

Clady being back at full strength is essential if we want to have any success this season.

The Broncos may be more dependent on one player than any other team in the NFL. If Orton gets a season ending injury, there is an awesome chance we wouldnt win a game. With him and good luck elsewhere, I can still see us winning half of them. Maybe the Colts win-loss depends on Manning more???

Comment

meh. our linebackers are awful even if the starters stay healthy. i'm also really hoping our disgusting pass rush is entirely due to the irrational fear that someone will steal our schemes, and that it's not indicative of another year of trying to get pressure with three mediocre linemen again.

and fricking jarvis moss. gets in, makes a great play, then starts celebrating while the ball is being fumbled. he had no idea the play was even still going on.
            It seems that we are playing a lot of simple base stuff on both sides just to resolve a few starting spots, practicing situational stuff and evaluating which of the backups to keep. We appear to be making very little effort at all to win.

While I prefer players to act like they have been there before, I think Moss getting to the QB is a good start. If half of the positive talk about him from the clubhouse turns into reality this season we may not be as ****** as we thought we were when Doom went down (I know, I know, I am clutching at straws even wishing that Moss can replace a third of Dooms production).

Comment

• Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
              It seems that we are playing a lot of simple base stuff on both sides just to resolve a few starting spots, practicing situational stuff and evaluating which of the backups to keep. We appear to be making very little effort at all to win.
              This. Also, lots of injuries so we still haven't seen anything close to our true starting 22 yet.

However, I share njx's concerns about the LB corps. Unless some of the new additions really step up, it will be our weakness this year. This goes beyond just pass rush... the inside play is critical to stopping those long runs that really killed us at the end of last year.

Comment

• Does any one have any info on if Tebow is playing 2mrw night ? I hope he so I can get a chance to watch him live this week .

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                  Does any one have any info on if Tebow is playing 2mrw night ? I hope he so I can get a chance to watch him live this week .
                  Orton will play into the third quarter, so with Quinn still in front of Tebow I doubt they will risk him for such a short amount of playing time. Next week he should get almost a half.

Comment

• i think all of you understand why I have had (still have) the most effing enormous man crush on perrish cox for the last 6 months now.
                    Last edited by Jimmy; 08-29-2010, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• Ayers may not be a lost cause after all.

Comment

• Sydquan is making a decent case for Phonz's roster spot. Interesting to see if McD pulls the trigger and cuts him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                          i think all of you understand why I have had (still have) the most effing enormous man crush on perrish cox for the last 6 months now.
                          That pick has turned out pretty well. Hopefully he can keep out of trouble.

Our secondary is looking like an area of strength. A lot of good young players backing up the savvy veterans.

Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
                          Ayers may not be a lost cause after all.
                          Agreed - he looks pretty strong out there... which is good because we really need him to step up with Doom out. Hunter (#52), the DE/OLB we picked up from Detriot, also made some nice plays against the Steelers.

Comment

Sydquan is making a decent case for Phonz's roster spot. Interesting to see if McD pulls the trigger and cuts him.
                            Syd'quan better make the roster. He's got potential at CB and can definitely help as a returner while he develops as a defensive player.

I think the team likes Vaughn as well, which definitely makes the decision about who gets cut a difficult one. I think Vaughn ends up on the PS... I don't think they can try that trick with Syd'quan (especially after tonight). My guess is it will end up like this:

4 safeties - Hill, Dawkins, McBath, Bruton
                            5 corners - Champ, Goodman, Cox, Smith, Thompson

Carter joins Vaughn on the PS. Nate Jones gets cut for being outplayed by rookies.

Comment

Sydquan is making a decent case for Phonz's roster spot. Interesting to see if McD pulls the trigger and cuts him.
                              i would be so happy if we could grow some balls as an organization and cut our losses and get the sting of Alphonso over with before it becomes any more blatantly obvious that he was never worth a 1st round pick, let alone 5th. What does the guy even bring to the table? he's undersized, outmatched physically, too slow, and is mentally handicapped. I was one of those guys who was high on him but at this point.. meh
                              Last edited by Jimmy; 08-29-2010, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diehard View Post
                                Syd'quan better make the roster. He's got potential at CB and can definitely help as a returner while he develops as a defensive player.

I think the team likes Vaughn as well, which definitely makes the decision about who gets cut a difficult one. I think Vaughn ends up on the PS... I don't think they can try that trick with Syd'quan (especially after tonight). My guess is it will end up like this:

4 safeties - Hill, Dawkins, McBath, Bruton
                                5 corners - Champ, Goodman, Cox, Smith, Thompson

Carter joins Vaughn on the PS. Nate Jones gets cut for being outplayed by rookies.
                                I wouldnt disagree or have a problem with what you are saying, though on paper it looks risky to go into a season with a 5th round rookie, a 7th round rookie and a prime candidate for an epic bust as your three back-up corners. Not that Jones is anything even resembling a good corner, but at least he has played in the NFL before.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information