This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by njx9
    meh, we should just pull a reverse-redskins, since it seems like there's little to no chance we'll address o-line or defensive line in the first this year. just trade our first for someone's next year so that we'll have the ammo to move up and get him or slaton.
    As good as Slaton and McFadden are (I wouldn't mind getting them), I think Bell is really turning it around. His improvement has been great this season. His ability to stay injury free is a concern, but Mike Bell is showing that he is a decent backup (he has a minor fumbling problem, but it's more of a rookie problem imo than his own problem). I think our aging OL is a huge need and obviously getting a big time pass rushing DL would help.

One thing funny I noticed is that the Broncos love making teams one dimensional. They love stopping the run and forcing them to pass. Unfortunately, our pass rush isn't worth a damn in the second half and they proceed to kill us with the one dimension we force them to use.

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

• sure, and i like bell a lot when he's 100%. i just have so little trust right now that he will be all year.

and i think we're in agreement in bro9ncoland in general, that we have to get help on both lines or there are some ugly seasons ahead of us. it hink it's also intersting that losing lepsis made a HUGE difference in the play of our line. it seemed like, early in the year, guys (by which i mean foster) were getting beat occasionally (albeit at inopportune moments). now they seem to get beat every time we throw the ball.

Comment

• With the injuries to the offensive line, the age. . . also the injuries to the defensive line and the age; if the Broncos don't address those in round one, they're dumb. Safety would classify as a huge need now too, injuries. . . and age.
        Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

• i think so, but with cox playing more often, i think they give him a chance before they draft anyone for mroe than depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
            i think so, but with cox playing more often, i think they give him a chance before they draft anyone for mroe than depth.
            Ferguson is old and injured and Lynch is just plain old.

Even though I think Zbikowski is overrated, if he was there in the second or with our first third, take him. He can be a returner too and have an impact on several different levels.

Comment

• We need a real good return man... guys like Charlie Adams, DWill, Clark, and whoevers just aren't cutting it. They suck. Think how much better we could've been w/Devin Hester... (not being sarcastic either)

Comment

• Next year I want us taking Marshawn Lynch, O-Line, and a safety.

Marshawn Lynch is comparable to Laurence Maroney imo and would be a stud in our offense(or in anyone's).

Comment

• Darrent Williams has been just bad.

Get a new CB.

Comment

• yup. DWill has been horrible unfortunately. Ever since the Colts game, it seems like he has just diminished more and more.

That 3rd qtr was good enough for me tho. I didn't really expect to win, but to see some of Cutler's throws was really good. If we can get him some better protection, he will be very solid next year. but, we must address the lines. Our 4th qtr D is just pathetic, and our OLine has been really hurting lately w/o Lepsis.

Comment

• i think williams could still be a very good nickel guy, but i think he's shown, the last several games, that he's just either not good enough or not ready to be a starting guy. unfortunately, foxworth hasn't, imo, looked any better.

in terms of zbikowski, i'm just not sold. from what i've seen, he's been abysmal in coverage (though, because i hate notre dame, i can't say i've seen more than a few minutes of a couple of games).

i'd love lynch, but i think tatum's great if he's actually healthy. i dunno, i go back and forth there.

either way, o-line seems like our #1 need. two of cutler's fumbles were almost entirely on pears, and while he was blocking merriman, i'd still hope he could give jay at least 4 full seconds. then again, it was carlisle getting run over on the 4th down play.

i'm just so disappointed in this season right now. between our play-calling on both sides of the ball, jake playing like a rookie and jay getting thrown in against two great pass rushing defenses immediately, our o-line being unable to block a pee-wee team... one would hope that missing the playoffs motivates shanny a bit and some heads roll in the coaching ranks. anyone know who the hell is coaching our special teams? the guy should be holding a cardboard sign on colfax right now. awful. coyer should, until today, have had his play-calling privileges revoked. and really, today, they should've been revoked in the first half.

i guess lastly, to re-harp on something i think everyone's said at least five times this year, we need someone who can return a kick. pony up some cash and sign someone proven, since i think it's become apparent that we have absolutely terrible luck drafting people for the spot (o'neal, middlebrooks, who knows how many 4th round and up guys who never made it).

Comment

• they need to call more rollout passes for Cutler.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                        XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                        Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                        http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by smittyjs
                          they need to call more rollout passes for Cutler.
                          i'd agree if i thought our o-line was capable of giving him enough time to throw on them.

Comment

• Eh.. i hate the Chargers. They commenced the fall of the Broncos by beating us in Invesco... a once promising 7-2 start crumbled to 7-6. However, I think the next season holds promise. We just got unlucky with injuries imo. As long as we get a good ST unit and draft not so stupidly, we will be in good position to take the division nxt year. IMO, the Chargers are overrated. Sure, they beat us pretty badly, but they weren't that spectacular.

Comment

• What's the deal on Kia?

Comment

• kia??

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information