No announcement yet.

Broncos games next year:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm... considering our divisional games (always tough) and the road games at Chicago and Indy, I'd think anything more than 11-5 would be wishful thinking. I don't particularly like opening on the road either... hasn't worked out too well for us the last few years...

The places I see the most potential problems are field position (thanks to dubious kicking), pass protection by the O-line (critical for Cutler's development) and the unsettled safety situation.

I see the Broncos going 11-5 this year. We are a better team imo. We lost Al Wilson, but our defense is good enough to recover. Our greatest stride will be in the restoration of our offense as a whole. Cutler will avoid the sophme slump imo, and the arrival of Henry will definitely help. Although, I think 12 wins is a reach w/this schedule. Then again, the year predicted us going 9-7 we went 13-3 and went to the AFCC.

Projected win total: 55+

dont underestimate the Bills

Darrent Williams got picked on each and every game in the second half of the season. He played terrible, in my honest opinion. Dre Bly is not the type of corner you can pick on, because he will make you pay. I think he makes a huge difference. And the addition of Jim Bates makes a huge difference as well. Larry Coyer couldn't run a defense if his life depended on it. One year it's all-out blitz, the next season it's no blitzes at all. Either way, our defense was always exposed. I also differ with your opinion on Marshall. He played very good in the last few games, and showed he could play a role in the passing game as a 3rd receiver. But, with the amount of work he has put in this offseason, I have a good feeling he can shoulder the load as a physical possession receiver. Graham can and will make a difference in the passing game, mark my words. I think you are tremendously underrating his pass-catching abilities.

Originally posted by njx9
            ask some detroit fans about bly making you pay. he's a boom/bust corner and always has been. remember deltha o'neal? how he was really good at catching balls thrown to him, but tended to get beat deep at least once per game? that describes a fair amount of bly's time in detroit. but yeah, woo hoo.
            The point is he's a dramatic upgrade over Darrent Williams.

you think it's safe to assume he'll top 50/500 simply because he worked hard in the off-season? it's his second NFL season. he looked good, but he wasn't THAT impressive his rookie year. this is an offensive system in which most receivers have taken multiple seasons to develop properly, if they do at all. it seems naive to believe marshall is an instant 1000 yard receiver next season.
            No. I assume that simply because he's going to be a starter. Starters tend to have better stats than bench players, wouldn't you say? 50/500 is a safe bet considering Smith easily accomplished that last year with a terrible hip.. and I never said he would be an "instant 1000 yard receiver".

what pass-catching abilities? he's had TERRIBLE hands in the NFL, dropping passes constantly in new england. he's NEVER topped 40 catches. he's NEVER been a red-zone target. how the hell is he suddenly going to become a stud after leaving one of the two best quarterbacks in the NFL?
            Like I said, he will be utilized differently here than he was in New England. Heimerdinger said he will likely get between 40-60 catches in our offense, of course, whether that happens or not remains to be seen. You just seem bitter about Graham purely because of his ludicrous contract. Give the guy a chance. He had 30 receptions and 7 TDs just two years ago (so don't tell me he was NEVER a red-zone target), when he was being utilized as a pass-catcher. But, the past two seasons he had taken on a different role with the emergence of Ben Watson.
            Last edited by JCutlery; 06-04-2007, 10:49 PM.

Originally posted by njx9
              if graham was such a stud in the making, why on earth would the pats have given up on him so quickly?
              Why else, because his contract was up and he was due more money.. not to mention the great depth at TE in New England (watson, thomas, mills).

Debug Information