Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaun Rogers will not face charges

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...DATE/707130427

DETROIT -- Lions defensive tackle Shaun Rogers will not be charged in connection with allegations he groped a stripper last month while toting a pistol, authorities said today.

After interviews with witnesses -- including the 20-year-old dancer who made the complaint -- Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy decided there wasn't enough evidence to support a case that could have included charges of sexual assault and firearms felonies...
    Kinda glad they weren't listening to TacticaLion, but then again who does

i believe i predicted that but im not going to take shots at tactica because he had a point in being upset over all of it

Comment

Originally posted by LionSmack View Post
      http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...DATE/707130427

Kinda glad they weren't listening to TacticaLion, but then again who does
      Believe me, I'm glad nothing happened to him. I'm glad that the charges were dropped and that he'll play and, hopefully, play well. He and Redding will be a big part of our defense this year.

Regardless, I don't like the fact that it happened and it still leaves me with questions about him. I'm not a coach or player and I haven't spent time around him... I don't know the type of person he is and if he'll be a problem in the future. If they have questions about his work ethic, decision-making and dedication, they need to fix the problem... one way or another.

(Note: dropping the charges doesn't mean he didn't do anything.)
      Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

My Prediction: Unless we see rogers play like a pro-bowler game in and game out, this will be his last year. The only way he could stay is if he re-structures his deal.

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
          i believe i predicted that but im not going to take shots at tactica because he had a point in being upset over all of it
          my thoughts exactly. So let's move on before this thread dies: how good or bad (most likely bad) will our D be with Rogers?

I say pretty darn bad, but not AS bad as it looks right now.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
            my thoughts exactly. So let's move on before this thread dies: how good or bad (most likely bad) will our D be with Rogers?

I say pretty darn bad, but not AS bad as it looks right now.
            I actually think our defense will suprise a lot of people this year (including us). Tampa 2 defenses usually click in the second year, and we're returning a lot of starters from last year (and bringing in players with Tampa 2 experience). Rogers and Redding should create a good pass rush and will command double teams... which will open things up for Edwards, IAF and White. With a year of experience in the defense under his belt, Sims should have a great season.

Also, Stanley Wilson is on the rise, Fisher is perfect for the Tampa 2 (when healthy) and Bryant had a solid year at CB last year. All of that being said, Barry is most impressed with our Safety positions... which should say something.

I think they'll have a solid year.
            Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

hmmmm.....who could have forseen this?

Comment

anyway.....I believe the DT position isn't a problem even if Cory Redding doesn't sign....if the DE they signed in free agency (whose name escaped me at the moment)....and Kalimba Edwards can create consistant pressure (which I doubt)....the defense will do fine...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadLionsFan View Post
                  anyway.....I believe the DT position isn't a problem even if Cory Redding doesn't sign....if the DE they signed in free agency (whose name escaped me at the moment)....and Kalimba Edwards can create consistant pressure (which I doubt)....the defense will do fine...
                  The DE we signed in FA would be Dewayne White.. We also drafted Ikaika Alama-Francis, who could be switched to a DT for our Tampa 2 defense if needed.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information