Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

madden 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • madden 2008

    i got madden today, i was wondering if anyone else have got it yet, and if so, what are their impressions of it? i absolutely love the new player icons, its awesome throwing bad balls to johnson and roy williams

    johnson is the highest rated rookie in the game at 87 overall, to quote borat...............NICE!!!

  • #2
    how are the functions? what do you play it on?

    Sig by Fenikz

    I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

    Comment


    • #3
      i play on 360, it is just very smooth now. there is actually gang tackling, where you run into a defender, its literally like running into a brick wall there is a hesitation and the defenders gang up on you n knock you backwards. other cool features

      full 32 team franchise mode with new stadium, ticket/concession sales all of the stuff from the ps2 version in owner mode

      new player icons including:
      spectacular catch reciever
      finese/power move dlinemen
      lock down corners
      smart defender, where they can determine the routes of recievers (smart dbacks) routes of everything but recievers (linebackers) and all routes of the whole field (safties)
      also smart quarterback works the same way, except obviously vice versa.

      in superstar, you can make ur own player like last year, or u can also pick a rookie in the league right now n control him.

      i havent really had the oppurtunity to play around with it much, so i might not be able to answer all of ur questions till i really get into it, but ill be the best help i can be. i hope you got a next gen system addict, cuz my friends are telling me that basically its just a roster update for the ps2/xbox.

      interesting note, i made a one handed catch with cj today where kitna threw the ball out of bounds and cj used his 96-97 jump and snagged it in with one hand n ran 60 yards uncontested for a touchdown. :)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jbombul View Post
        i play on 360, it is just very smooth now. there is actually gang tackling, where you run into a defender, its literally like running into a brick wall there is a hesitation and the defenders gang up on you n knock you backwards. other cool features

        full 32 team franchise mode with new stadium, ticket/concession sales all of the stuff from the ps2 version in owner mode

        new player icons including:
        spectacular catch reciever
        finese/power move dlinemen
        lock down corners
        smart defender, where they can determine the routes of recievers (smart dbacks) routes of everything but recievers (linebackers) and all routes of the whole field (safties)
        also smart quarterback works the same way, except obviously vice versa.

        in superstar, you can make ur own player like last year, or u can also pick a rookie in the league right now n control him.

        i havent really had the oppurtunity to play around with it much, so i might not be able to answer all of ur questions till i really get into it, but ill be the best help i can be. i hope you got a next gen system addict, cuz my friends are telling me that basically its just a roster update for the ps2/xbox.

        interesting note, i made a one handed catch with cj today where kitna threw the ball out of bounds and cj used his 96-97 jump and snagged it in with one hand n ran 60 yards uncontested for a touchdown. :)
        sounds awesome, any dissapointments?

        I'm gonna be like a hermit for a month once this game comes out.

        Sig by Fenikz

        I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

        Comment


        • #5
          and I don't have a next-gen yet, kinda bites but I'm a student so financially it's not awesome right now. I'll get a PS3 once the prize goes down a bit.

          Sig by Fenikz

          I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Addict View Post
            sounds awesome, any dissapointments?

            I'm gonna be like a hermit for a month once this game comes out.
            haha thats awesome, probably so far my only disappointment would be the play calling is the same where you can ask madden, by play type, or by key player, but the set up is a lil different so it is taken me some time to get used to, of course i only have played 2 games. another disappointment is johnny baldwin is not in the game, i would love to have played with him in preseason, may get fixed with the roster update tho. and bullocks and alexander are both fs, so we got our favorite hard hitter kennedy as the starting ss

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Addict View Post
              and I don't have a next-gen yet, kinda bites but I'm a student so financially it's not awesome right now. I'll get a PS3 once the prize goes down a bit.
              i was in ur same shoes, i considered robbing a bank to get my 360, i actually took out a loan n got one n a laptop, finally got that paid off *exhale* but hopefully ull get one soon enough n everything will be all good, cuz ive heard the ps2 is just basically a roster update, no player icons, nothing new for the most part unfortanetly

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jbombul View Post
                haha thats awesome, probably so far my only disappointment would be the play calling is the same where you can ask madden, by play type, or by key player, but the set up is a lil different so it is taken me some time to get used to, of course i only have played 2 games. another disappointment is johnny baldwin is not in the game, i would love to have played with him in preseason, may get fixed with the roster update tho. and bullocks and alexander are both fs, so we got our favorite hard hitter kennedy as the starting ss
                please tell me you can still edit positions and stuff like that? I want my giant lions team again (lol not a single player shorter than 6'5'', gotta love the 'edit' function)

                Sig by Fenikz

                I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Addict View Post
                  please tell me you can still edit positions and stuff like that? I want my giant lions team again (lol not a single player shorter than 6'5'', gotta love the 'edit' function)
                  haha, i havent really looked but im hopin so, im pretty sure you can because i plan on making alexander the starting ss, otherwise im going to stomp a mudhole in john madden's ass for allowing such a sloth to start at ss

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jbombul View Post
                    haha, i havent really looked but im hopin so, im pretty sure you can because i plan on making alexander the starting ss, otherwise im going to stomp a mudhole in john madden's ass for allowing such a sloth to start at ss
                    it's Millen's ass you want. Besides, you'd get lost if you get too close to Madden's ass, seriously have you seen the sheer size of the thing?

                    Sig by Fenikz

                    I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jbombul View Post
                      i was in ur same shoes, i considered robbing a bank to get my 360, i actually took out a loan n got one n a laptop, finally got that paid off *exhale* but hopefully ull get one soon enough n everything will be all good, cuz ive heard the ps2 is just basically a roster update, no player icons, nothing new for the most part unfortanetly
                      gosh that's strange, I'll do some reading first then.

                      Sig by Fenikz

                      I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Addict View Post
                        it's Millen's ass you want. Besides, you'd get lost if you get too close to Madden's ass, seriously have you seen the sheer size of the thing?
                        haha the titanic and the posideon, millen isn't what you would call a lean mean team machine either hahah i would give you positive rep but i have to spread it around like ron mexico spreads herpes.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Addict View Post
                          gosh that's strange, I'll do some reading first then.
                          good look on your reading, adios buddy

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            for as far as I can see the player icons are there. Guess it's more the graphics.

                            Sig by Fenikz

                            I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I was hoping for a thread about Madden 08... although the game looks good, I've got some bitching to do (of course).

                              First of all, whatthefuck is up with the ratings?!

                              Stanton is rated at 73 and, while I feel it's a bit low (76 seems more reasonable), I can live with it. But, 68 speed!? Are you KIDDING!? Way off. His mobility was one of his strengths at MSU. 74 sounds reasonable... but not 68.

                              Next, IAF. I'm really high on this kid... a hard worker and "Marinelli-guy" with a motor and a love for football. He was also drafted in the 2nd round... but was given a rating of 68. 68?! For a second round pick with loads of talent? Whatever. I was thinking that 74 would be more appropriate.

                              And, speaking of 74, that was the rating they gave Manuel Ramirez. I like this kid too, but rating him higher than Stanton AND IAF is a bit much.

                              Also, Tatum Bell was given a rating of 82... after being an 86 last year. What didn't he do right? Hit over 1,000 yards last year and that, somehow, makes him worse? Or, is it because he came to the Lions? 82 is low.

                              Redding was given 86, which is a big (and much needed) improvement from last years mid-70 rating. Pretty fair.

                              Now, my next complaint: the gameplay. The graphics look GREAT, but the gameplay needs some work. Too many times have I run into a pile, pushed spin and moved THROUGH players to break a run. Come on. I can't think of the rest, but there are a few more.

                              Note: when I play online with the Lions, as I do, I've discovered that moving the defense to a 3-4 works great. I move Redding to RE, Sims to MLB, Bullocks to SS and Alexander to FS... which leaves me with this setup:

                              LE - White
                              DT - Rogers
                              RE - Redding

                              LOLB - Bailey (87 speed?)
                              MLB - Sims (84 speed)
                              MLB - Lenon (79 speed)
                              ROLB - Lewis (85 speed)

                              CB - Bryant
                              FS - Alexander (90 speed)
                              SS - Bullocks (87 speed)
                              CB - Wilson

                              For some reason, other players have a hard time with it. Also, moving Furrey to TE creates some huge mismatches.

                              I've said enough... just a few thoughts.
                              Left NFLDC: 20080918.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information