go after leftwich...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• go after leftwich...?

am i the only one that thinks they should go after leftwich? i think after kitna the lions are thin...not a fan of any of the guys behind him. actaully not a fan of kitna as he is a choke in the red zone.

leftwich is a gamer and likes to throw the ball around. he has starter experience and could help post monster numbers.

Yeah, I said that on Friday after he was released. The Lions should definitely go after him. O'Sullivan and Orlovsky played like crap in the Preseason. Kitna is pretty much garbage too, but he's the best garbage we have so he starts.

Comment

I think Mike Martz is probably campaigning for Byron as we type, hes never had a QB with that type of arm and natural ability to work with.

Comment

I think Leftwich would be a great signing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
          I think Leftwich would be a great signing.
          depending on his pricetag, I agree.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

It would be nice. He doesn't have mobility, but he's probably faster than Kitna. And... that arm.

I wonder what it would do to the whole Stanton thing...
            Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
              It would be nice. He doesn't have mobility, but he's probably faster than Kitna. And... that arm.

I wonder what it would do to the whole Stanton thing...
              Barring a miracle Stanton will still be on IR, so he won't be learning much.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

I like Leftwich, but I don't see it happening. Not to mention the 63 sacks last year w/ Leftwich's history don't seem a good mix.

Comment

Martz's offense requires accuracy.....Byron has only thrown for over 60% completion percentage one time in his career....not to mention this offensive line is average at best....and if you think Joey was slow footed....wait until you see leftwhich.....no thank you....i'm not interested.....move foward not sideways...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadLionsFan View Post
                    Martz's offense requires accuracy.....Byron has only thrown for over 60% completion percentage one time in his career....not to mention this offensive line is average at best....and if you think Joey was slow footed....wait until you see leftwhich.....no thank you....i'm not interested.....move foward not sideways...
                    Jacksonville doesn't really have a great receiving corps.

Dolphins released Schlesinger... should we take him back?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                      Jacksonville doesn't really have a great receiving corps.

Dolphins released Schlesinger... should we take him back?
                      whats the point in resigning Schlesinger.....it isn't as if Martz is going to run the ball this season.....as far as Leftwhich goes....he has a cannon for an arm.....but he is injury prone....

Comment

whats the point in resigning Schlesinger.....it isn't as if Martz is going to run the ball this season.....as far as Leftwhich goes....he has a cannon for an arm.....but he is injury prone....
                        he had one injury...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

He would be a backup, 55-60% completion as a starter trumps anything that JT O'Sullivan has or ever will do. Leftwich is still more athletic than Kitna and has never thrown as many picks as Kitna did last year.

And once again, how many people were on the Marc Bulger & Kurt Warner bandwagons before Mike Martz worked on them? Leftwich is still young and has room to grow, sign him for this year and let the mad genius form an opinion on him.

Still, I doubt the Lions are even making an attempt or that Leftwich would even listen to them.

Comment

leftwich is a tree that throws footballs. he'd get sacked 50 times this year. love his arm and guts but he's not the right fit, it'd take him a year to learn proper mechanics since his are horrible, and then another for the system....that's what stanton is for.
                            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

If you look at the quarterback situations around the league, the Lions really are the perfect landing spot for Leftwich. For both sides.

I don't really see the negatives of signing him. His contract is going to be peanuts. He is a potential franchise quarterback, and if he really was a victim of Jacksonville mismanagement... then the Lions lucked out.

Honestly, Detroit should be looking at him as a God-send. Jon Kitna with JT O'Sullivan as backup? Jesus Christ, Lions fans should be up in arms.
                              "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
                              4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information