Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 2: Minnesota Vikings @ Detroit Lions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Week 2: Minnesota Vikings @ Detroit Lions

    I really feel like this game is a toss up. Minnesota has a very good defense, especially their run defense. However, I don't think they have the depth in the secondary to stop our offense. Antoine Winfield is a good corner, but I'm not a fan of their safeties and they are thin at corner after Winfield. If our offensive line can limit the Vikings pass rush, I can see a lot of success through the air. I don't like our secondary at all, but if out defensive line can play well then we might be able to force Tarvaris Jackson into making some mistakes. The run defense played well against Oakland, but Adrian Peterson and the Minnesota left side of the offensive line is a different story. I want to pick the Lions, mainly because they are at home. However, I just can't. I'll say the Vikings win by a score of 27-24.

  • #2
    Several factors point to a Lions victory.. It's the home opener... and I'll be there.

    Lions win, 49-17!! Count on it!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
      Several factors point to a Lions victory.. It's the home opener... and I'll be there.

      Lions win, 49-17!! Count on it!
      fo sho! Shut up them Minny fans too. Enjoy while you're there!

      Sig by Fenikz

      I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

      Comment


      • #4
        It should be a classic, our offense against their defense. Their offense will ride Peterson's coattails against our weak defense.
        If we can contain Peterson we have a good shot because they won't be able to score much with their passing attack. I just hope we don't hand them the game on turnovers.
        What scares me is the way Minny owns Detroit. That is something hopefully we can put an end to.
        If we lose this game at home, we can probably look forward to another top 10 pick, if we win, 7 or 8 victories might just be possible in this weak Division.
        And proud of it!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
          It should be a classic, our offense against their defense. Their offense will ride Peterson's coattails against our weak defense.
          If we can contain Peterson we have a good shot because they won't be able to score much with their passing attack. I just hope we don't hand them the game on turnovers.
          What scares me is the way Minny owns Detroit. That is something hopefully we can put an end to.
          If we lose this game at home, we can probably look forward to another top 10 pick, if we win, 7 or 8 victories might just be possible in this weak Division.

          Sig by Fenikz

          I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Addict View Post
            HA! Holy ****... I laughed hard.

            Defense

            This game scares me a bit. AD looked great in his first start, and Jordan had a great game against us. IF we can stop AD completely... which I don't think will happen... this should be an easy game for us. AD will do well, which should make things easy for Jackson. Their offense might flow just enough to be consistently productive.

            Offense

            The Vikings have an incredible run defense. Luckily, we pass the ball. I expect the same (or better) offensive production and at least 30 points. Ol' Roy will, instead, look like the Roy of old and catch at least 8 passes. It'll be interesting to see how much Tatum Bell is used... and what he can do with those carries. He looked good in week 1.

            Prediction

            In closing, I don't have a good feeling about this one. Maybe I can't imagine being 2-0, or maybe I think the Lions will fall apart like years prior. We shall see.

            (Note: there was a big moment for me in the first game. Watching the Raiders go up 21-20 and seeing the momentum shift away from the Lions, I almost expected something to happen and for them to put the game out of reach. That something didn't happen. We stayed confident and made plays... something that hasn't happened in a while.)
            Left NFLDC: 20080918.

            Comment


            • #7
              Well...I'm not sure when the last time Detroit beat Minnesota was (it was sometime before the 2002 season), and I refuse to bet against streaks, so sadly I have to take the Vikes in this one. Plus I think their pass defense is better than most here give them credit for, not to mention their D-Line is amongst the best in the league.

              28-20 Minnesota.
              Last edited by JPLUFF; 09-12-2007, 03:27 PM.
              Cheers to Michigan winters...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JPLUFF View Post
                Well...I'm not sure when the last time Detroit beat Minnesota was (it was sometime before the 2002 season), and I refuse to bet against streaks, so sadly I have to take the Vikes in this one. Plus I think their pass defense is better than most here give them credit for, not to mention their D-Line is amongst the best in the league.

                28-20 Minnesota.
                yes, they have kevin and pat williams, but apart from that?

                Sig by Fenikz

                I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think AD will hurt us.. but it'll be on little passes in the Flats, or from Screens. He should have a very good game.. if he doesn't, I think it'll mainly be because of DeWayne White.. knocking down passes, breaking up screens, getting into the backfield.. He has a favorable matchup against (I believe) Ryan Cook.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'd like to point out that this game is not yet sold out and actually looks like it may be blacked out for the first time in the Ford Field era.

                    This is just sign #17 (or so) that this season is totally upside down. Instead of coming off a loss, blowing their opening game on the road, coming home to a sold out stadium full of kool aid drinkers, it seems just the opposite.

                    Therefore, whereas we would expect the Lions to utterly fail to build on their momentum, and lose yet again to the Vikings, I believe they will win.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Imagine if we loose, we may not see a home game this year on TV as sellouts could be rare. Ugh, what a thought.
                      And proud of it!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                        Imagine if we loose, we may not see a home game this year on TV as sellouts could be rare. Ugh, what a thought.
                        don't he lions lose every year?

                        Sig by Fenikz

                        I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Prediction:

                          Lions 24, Vikings 19 (don't ask how I came up with 19, it just sounded right, lol)

                          Kitna: 24/30, 289 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT, 1 Fumble
                          Bell: 13 carries, 76 yards, 1 long TD run and a whole lot of nothing on his other 12 carries
                          Roy: 7 catches, 84 yards, 1 TD
                          Calvin: 4 catches, 43 yards
                          Furrey: 7 catches, 109 yards, 1 TD
                          McDonald: 3 catches, 19 yards
                          R.I.P. L.E.F.
                          "I am the one who knocks!"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            one TD and 4 field goals get you 19.

                            Sig by Fenikz

                            I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The only reason we lose this game: No pressure on Kitna/on purpose. Just a heads up.

                              ps: it'd be mad funny if we lost and part of me hopes we do so we can enjoy some lolz.
                              Originally posted by 7-11
                              Originally posted by Renji
                              Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
                              But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information