Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know its early, but things are looking good...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know its early, but things are looking good...

Kitna predicted 10 wins... and everyone thought he was crazy. We're 2-0 right now, which means we have to finish 8-6 to hit that mark (yes, I'm good at math). The breakdown:

(Note: Games in red = harder, games in orange = toss-ups and games in green = easier.)

Philadelphia - 3 injuries to their starting secondary (Lito, Dawkins and Considine) bodes well for our offense. If the defense can make a FEW plays, we could take this game.

Chicago - I think we'll win one against Chicago, but I don't think it'll be this one.

Washington - Their passing game isn't that impressive, and, if we can contain Portis/Betts nearly as much as we contained AD, we should do well on defense. Their secondary looked great against Phi, so this should be a close one. Considering the OLine injuries they've had, and the level of our DLine, I think we can pull this one off.

Tampa Bay - Interesting game. Their defense doesn't scare me and their offense played well... against a poor Saints D. I really think we could take this, but it'll be close.

Chicago - We lost the first, and I think we'll win one, so here it is. I do think we've narrowed the gap between us and the Bears, and this win should show that.

Denver - The running game will hurt and, when we get close to containing it, they'll throw with success against our secondary. Their defense is great and has one of the few secondaries that should give us problems. Not good.

Arizona - A young offense and an average defense. I think this one is ours.

New York Giants - It all depends on the injury status for the NYG. If Jacobs is still hurt and Manning hasn't recovered, we could have this one. If they are, we could be in trouble. I think they'll be ready by this game.

Green Bay - You win some, you lose some. Green Bay matches up well against us, and Favre will continue his outstanding (last?) season.

Minnesota - I wasn't impressed with what I saw in game 1. AD was contained and Jackson was scarred. We got quite a bit of pressure and should've been farther ahead with Kitna in the game.

Dallas - Too much O for our D. One of those teams that'll exploit our defensive weaknesses and stop us on a few of our drives. The pressure Dallas can create will be hell for our passing game.

San Diego - Eww. LT? If he hasn't broken out up to this point, this game is his chance. Too many weapons to handle on defense and our offense will receive too much pressure from Merriman and Co. Painful.

Kansas City - I just don't see it. A young QB behind an aging/questionable OLine against our defense... I give us the advantage. Their defense doesn't scare me either... which leads me to believe that this'll be a blowout.

Green Bay -Marinelli has been preaching performance through adversity since he got to Detroit, and this game will showcase that mentality. A scrappy, do-or-die Detroit team should make enough defensive plays to pull this off.

We could always upset a hard team and lose against an easy team, but starting 2-0 (and facing a weakened Eagles team in week 3) puts us in the right direction. If most of the team can stay healthy, 10 wins is definitely achievable.

Just my thoughts. Anything can (and probably will) happen.
    Left NFLDC: 20080918.

If we are going to get to 10 wins (I'm still VERY skeptical that it's possible) I think we need to win next Sunday. If we lose Sunday with two games left against Chicago, two against Green Bay, San Diego, Dallas, and Denver then I think we have no shot. If our guys have the confidence from being 3-0, then I could see us pulling an upset or two.

Comment

I doubt you split with Chicago and Green Bay, or win all the games you are "supposed" to. Chalking up wins against teams like the Redskins and the Bucs seems a bit presumptuos to me considering you've beaten nobody of worth yet. You couldn't even put Minnesota away untill overtime, playing them in the dome will be much harder. The Lions still reek much more of a 7 win team, but hell, 7 wins would be quite an improvement.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I am saying we win 8.
        R.I.P. L.E.F.
        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

7-9.....thats all

Comment

Football is definitely a game of momentum and emotion. If we beat Philly, we could even make the playoffs in this pitiful division. However, right now the reality is we beat 2 of the worst teams in the NFL. Minny's game plan against us was from mars because trying to beat us with Jackson passing was absurd.
            I saw 2 pretty poor teams last Sunday who both turned the ball over on a regular basis. Even before Kitna got hurt, he turned the ball over twice if I remember correctly. It was a very ugly game which we were extremely lucky to win. Philly will be hungry as their whole season will depend on our game. This isn't Oakland or Minny, and it could be tough on us. A blowout isn't out of the question. Counter balancing that is the fact that Philly played on Monday night and could be shot emotionally so it is not out of the realm of possibility that they can be beaten.
            It is a good test against a far better team than we have played so far!
            And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              I doubt you split with Chicago and Green Bay, or win all the games you are "supposed" to. Chalking up wins against teams like the Redskins and the Bucs seems a bit presumptuos to me considering you've beaten nobody of worth yet. You couldn't even put Minnesota away untill overtime, playing them in the dome will be much harder. The Lions still reek much more of a 7 win team, but hell, 7 wins would be quite an improvement.
              I think we have a better shot against GB than Chicago, to be honest. Chicago's offense doesn't scare me... at all... and they don't have the secondary that GB has. I certainly don't think it's out of the question to split those series.

Note: Kitna missed half of the Minn game. Before that point, he moved the ball with ease. We need a QB that has a great understanding of Martz's offense to have offensive success, and JTOS just isn't there. Without Kitna, we're looking at a 2-3 win season.

Dallas, San Diego and Denver are on a much different level than Tampa Bay, Washington and Kansas City. I never said we'd positively win those games, but those games are much easier than others on our schedule. And, as I said, we could beat a hard team and lose against an easy team. It happens every year.

Comment

To be fair, despite the numbers, JT O'Sullivan was awful in that game. We were in control almost the entire game, but three turnovers by O'Sullivan let the Vikings into the game. There is no doubt in my mind we would've won by a couple of scores had Kitna played the entire game. One of the fumbles he had, led directly to a Minnesota TD. I think any unbiased Vikings fan would admit that the Lions outplayed them almost the entire game.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                  To be fair, despite the numbers, JT O'Sullivan was awful in that game. We were in control almost the entire game, but three turnovers by O'Sullivan let the Vikings into the game. There is no doubt in my mind we would've won by a couple of scores had Kitna played the entire game. One of the fumbles he had, led directly to a Minnesota TD. I think any unbiased Vikings fan would admit that the Lions outplayed them almost the entire game.
                  Word for word.

We were in control until JTOS came in and tried to play for the Vikings. He tried hard, and the fumble wasn't just his fault, but he doesn't have a feel for the offense and shouldn't be an option. Orlovsky has more time in the system... shouldn't he be a better option?

Kitna came back in, though, and won the game. Such an incredible player.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
                    Word for word.

We were in control until JTOS came in and tried to play for the Vikings. He tried hard, and the fumble wasn't just his fault, but he doesn't have a feel for the offense and shouldn't be an option. Orlovsky has more time in the system... shouldn't he be a better option?

Kitna came back in, though, and won the game. Such an incredible player.
                    Let's not forget kitna still needs to be replaced (and I'm not sold on Stanton)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                      Let's not forget kitna still needs to be replaced (and I'm not sold on Stanton)
                      Yes, he does... but, if Martz stays in Detroit, I'll believe in Stanton until he shows me otherwise.

Comment

Bah.. Stanton showed me otherwise in College..

Comment

6-10.
                          But hey. ten losses isn't horrible.
                          you're only 2 under .500. Maybe next year you'll score 500 points next season.
                          http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                          For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                            6-10.
                            But hey. ten losses isn't horrible.
                            you're only 2 under .500. Maybe next year you'll score 500 points next season.
                            You talk a lot... with our remaining schedule, you think we'll actually only win 4 more games?

We'll see. Watch out for that foot.

Comment

So far so good.....but I'm just letting this thing play out, week by week. I'm not going to get ahead of myself. Like Marinelli said, when he was asked how it feels to be 2-0? "We're 2-0."

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information