Week 3: Detroit Lions @ Philadelphia Eagles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 3: Detroit Lions @ Philadelphia Eagles

I want a win so bad here. I think I want to win this game more than other in the Millen era. However, I think a desperate Eagles team is going to take this one. I'll say Philadelphia 24, Detroit 21.

I dunno man....McNabb isn't 100 percent and niether is Brian Westbrook and those receivers don't strike fear in my heart.....if the offensive line and John Kitna can stop those blitz packages that Jim Johnson will throw at us....I believe the Lions will win fairly easily.....because their secondary is banged up as well

Comment

If the eagles WR, get pressed at the line, and if there in an enough pass rush, the eagles are in trouble.

I dont know if the eagles can cover all the WRs of the Lions. And the Pass rush is not there.

But if the eagles want that win badly they will do it.

Comment

See, I think the Eagles are going to will themselves to a win on Sunday. I think we match up excellently with the Eagles. Their secondary is banged up, and we have four quality receivers and focus on the passing game. On offense, their receivers aren't all that great and I think will have trouble taking advantage of our secondary. However, the Eagles need this win to save their season. I think they take care of business at home.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Eagles also having injury problems with their OLine? I'm fairly positive that Andrews is hurt on the right side... and I thought I heard about another injury.

That shouldn't go ignored.

A weak OLine with a hesitant McNabb is a recipe for offensive disaster for the Eagles this week. Our DLine is playing extremely well, and pressure will only help our secondary (against those unimpressive WRs).

Oh yeah... LJ Smith is out.

If Dawkins doesn't play, their defense loses a lot of their heart and grit... and, without Lito, they've lost their shutdown corner.

If both teams were at full strength, and McNabb was playing like McNabb, I think the Eagles have us fairly easily. But, after last weeks "miracle" win and considering the state of their defense, OLine and QB, I think we should walk with this one.

Lions... 3-0!? It's a perfect match-up for us right now. 34-14.
          Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Forget about their injuries for a second......Donovan Mcnabb, Brian Westbrook are warriors and can play thorough pain. The eagles are a veteran team that are not going to roll over. They know that if they don't win and go 0-3 their season is in jeopardy, so I expect to see their best effort of the year.

This is a classic trap game for us. It reminds me of the game 3 years ago when the lions were 3-1 after beating atlanta convincingly and were about the face the packers who were 1-4 and everybody n their mother was convinced that brett favre was done. The lions lost that game 38-10.

Marinelli has to approach this game as if the eagles are 2-0. If the lions can stay focused and take care of business, they should win.
            Last edited by Bootland27; 09-21-2007, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootland27 View Post
              Forget about their injuries for a second......Donovan Mcnabb, Brian Westbrook are warriors and can play thorough pain. The eagles are a veteran team that is not going to roll over. They know that if they don't win and go 0-3 their season is in jeopardy, so I expect to see their best effort of the year.

This is a classic trap game for us. It reminds me of the game 3 years ago when the lions were 3-1 after beating atlanta convincingly and were about the face the packers who were 1-4 and everybody n their mother was saying that brett favre was done. The lions lost that game 38-10.

Marinelli has to approach this game as if the eagles are 2-0. If the lions can stay focused and take care of business, they should win.
              I forgot about those injuries for a second...

Is that second up?

I get your point, and you're right. The Lions have to view this as a must win and not an easy win, or they'll get beat. Bad.

But, looking at the game for what it is, the Eagles are hit by injuries right now and that'll make things easier for us. If someone asked me what the Eagles three biggest strengths were, I'd probably say: McNabb, Westbrook, and the secondary. Each of those areas has a concern with it right now... which can only help.

So, I agree with you... but I'd like to remember those injuries now. They'll have a big impact on the game.
              Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

I'd love to win this one, but I think the eagles aren't going to allow themselves to slip any further, so yes we lose, but we go down fighting and come very close to beating them. 21-23 (three TD for us, 2 TD, 3 FG for them)...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Detroit 27, Philly 16
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.
                  "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                    Detroit 27, Philly 16
                    Oh I'd like that, since detroit winning is my 'total homer special' in this weeks' pick-em

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

I want to win this game so bad, just because everyone's picking us to lose, and some are picking us to lose by 10 or more points. But of course, it seems like every game I really want the Lions to win they lose, so I'm saying Eagles 31 Lions 28.

Originally posted by Jakey
                      WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

The old Lions are back.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                          The old Lions are back.
                          They never left PL......they never left.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                            The old Lions are back.
                            holy crap! we had dinner late so only just saw the score! WTF happened?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

14-35... This sucks.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information