Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Martz overrated??

12 carries - 39 yds
    Part of it was the score, part of it was the inability, take your pick.

I think they took themselves outta this game early, not only because of their defense not being able to do anything, but they tried to get into a track meet meet with the eagles. And by the time martz decided to slow the pace down and try to power it up and go with a different look, it was the 3rd qtr and already a blowout at 42-21.

This is a flawed formula and not winning football.

Is Martz overrated? Yeah, he might be.

Is Martz one of football's 5 best Offensive Coordinators? Yeah, I would say so.

I don't really care that they don't run the ball, or even try for that matter.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
      Is Martz overrated? Yeah, he might be.

Is Martz one of football's 5 best Offensive Coordinators? Yeah, I would say so.

I don't really care that they don't run the ball, or even try for that matter.
      All it does is make you look good statswise, but when it comes to bottom line, it leads to fewer wins than losses.

Comment

God. We lose 1 game, and these threads start popping up.

Yes, he doesn't like to run the ball. We know that.

We were down most of the game, which will lead to more passing attempts.

Our OLine is in shambles.

Now, lets start threads about how overrated Ol' Roy is and how he needs to be traded... or how Kitna is washed up and can't play the game anymore... or how CJ81 is weak and wasn't worth the pick. Lets mention how we're just like the old Lions, how we're the worst team in the NFL and how horrible of a job Marinelli has done with the mindset of our team.

Yes, "fans"... this is all correct. We lost a game. We wont win another. The season is over. We're the old Lions again.
        Last edited by TacticaLion; 09-23-2007, 10:03 PM.
        Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Martz loves to push the ball down the field, but his quarterbacks get killed because of it and they produce high interceptions totals (I'm sure being hit all game and having pressure down your neck doesn't help in that regard).
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

hmmm.....would you rather have this offense or the Wet Toast Offense of Mariucci....come on....it obviously we don't have the personel to run the ball consistantly

Comment

im pretty sure the packers had about the same amount of rushing yards, yet we beat SD. Philly just had it on for that day, forget this game, and look forward to the next, u still got a chance to go to the playoffs, i mean its the 3rd game for god sakes

Comment

? is this he week 3 overreaction thread?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                  Ding ding ding!

If I had an award, you'd be the recipient of it.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
                    Ding ding ding!

If I had an award, you'd be the recipient of it.
                    I'd like to thank God, my mom, all my friends and everyone who made this possible.... thank you for this fantastic honor!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I'd like to thank God, my mom, all my friends and everyone who made this possible.... thank you for this fantastic honor!
                      Just wait for the next loss... it'll be Marinelli AND Millen on signs and shirts.

Comment

yep.....http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=13054

Comment

Hell yes Martz is overrated. And I would say that even if the Lions had won yesterday.

Every mention the Lions get in any media, Martz' name is used. I've seen phrases like, "If Martz can run the ball, the Lions have a chance."

The way his name is used, you'd think he was the head coach, starting QB, and waterboy all rolled into one.

Yes he is a genius of the passing game, but no single person, never mind an assistant coach, could possibly be as important to a team as people make Martz out to be.

Comment

Was Martz running the defense?

Comment

In the first two games, when we ran the ball, we ran it with decent success. Yesterday's game, we didn't have the opportunity to run the ball. When you are down 21-35 points the whole game, you NEED to pass.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information