Week 4: Bears at Lions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 4: Bears at Lions

So, after last week's expected dissapointment, let's discuss how we're gonna handle (hopefully) the bears.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Haha...handle....

It really depends on injuries. I don't think Harris or Vasher will play, Briggs might. That might be too much..but even still we won't get blown out or anything of that like.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by PFT
      POSTED 9:50 a.m. EDT, September 25, 2007

BEARS DEFENSE COULD BE LOSING THREE MORE STARTERS

In a Week One loss to the Chargers, the Chicago Bears saw safety Mike Brown and defensive tackle Dusty Dvoracek suffer season-ending injuries.

In a Week Three collapse against the Cowboys, the Bears might have lost three more starters on defense. Though they're not expected to be out for the season, they each could be gone for multiple weeks.

Defensive tackle Tommie Harris has a left knee injury. Linebacker Lance Briggs and cornerback Nathan Vasher have groin problems. (And they've both injured muscles in that area.)

Their official availability for Week Four will be disclosed on Friday.
      As long as Grossman (our best player) is healthy, we're fine.

Just kidding. This game will be a big test. Our defense played horribly last game and our OLine sustained some injuries. Lets see if the team can fight through adversity (again) and rebound from a rough loss.

Maybe that Eagles game was exactly what we needed?
      Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Well, Orton, a rookie, dismantled us last year and he's worse than Grossman.
        This truely is a test for our team and if we get blown out again, is Marinelli finished in Detroit, because if we lose badly again the locker room won't be a pleasant place to be.
        We need a strong game or the team could go bottoms up and quite on the HC. I doubt it happens this quickly but if the reality of the team sets in with another bad loss then it could be another long season. However, if we can bounce back and the team shows some fortitude under Marinelli, especially the defense, then we could be in for a fun season with 6 or 7 victories.
        And proud of it!!!

Comment

Grossman won't play. He's done. I base that in part on Lovie Smith's comments (or lack thereof) but also my slight remaining hope in mankind.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Until the O-Line improves...there's no way I'm taking the Lions over the Bears.
            Cheers to Michigan winters...

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              ... but also my slight remaining hope in mankind.
              HA!

I hope the Bears never sit Grossman. It makes me feel like the Lions can be competitive.
              Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Originally posted by JPLUFF View Post
                Until the O-Line improves...there's no way I'm taking the Lions over the Bears.
                well we do have homefield advantage, and them being without Vasher and Harris (for sure) and Briggs (maybe) does give us some perspective. The fact their offense has shown problems so far and, let's be honest, doesn't nearly have the scoring POTENTIAL the Eagles' offense has.

Not saying we'll win for sure, or anything even close to sure, but rather that if this bears team plays up to full potential with their starting roster intact, we'd be screwed... but with the injuries and the Offense (particularly the O-line and receivers, and Rex, but he may not start) isn't doing well gives us some perspective in this game, it'll be very very hard, the bears are still a well-coached team with it's fair share of playmakers... but the circumstances give us a chance.

If we win this we're 3-1 which means we'll have as many wins in 4 games as we had in 16 last year.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

I'm sure everybody knows by now, but former wolverine Brian Griese will be making the start.

Comment

If Vasher, Briggs, and Harris are out then I think we have a chance. Even then, I wouldn't bet on us to win. Assuming that all three play, I'll say Bears 31, Lions 20. I'll make another prediction after hearing if any or all will play on Sunday.

Comment

Bernard Berrian, Moose.. They're gonna have a field day! Greg Olsen will probably get on the board too.

I also predict a Devin Hester kick return... This could get ugly!

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                        If Vasher, Briggs, and Harris are out then I think we have a chance. Even then, I wouldn't bet on us to win. Assuming that all three play, I'll say Bears 31, Lions 20. I'll make another prediction after hearing if any or all will play on Sunday.
                        Briggs will play prolly but as far as I know (not much) Vasher and Harris will be out.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Is CJ gonna play?
                          Or Will he even play soon?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I heard on the radio today that Tillman is also out.

List of injured:
                            Vasher (out)
                            Tillman (out)
                            Harris (out)

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                            who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                              I heard on the radio today that Tillman is also out.

List of injured:
                              Vasher (out)
                              Tillman (out)
                              Harris (out)
                              missing your two starting corners is gonna hurt against our passing game.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information