No announcement yet.

Detroit Pistons Discussion ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah he'll be fresh by the end of the season, but he won't have any nba experience going into the playoff run.
    Cheers to Michigan winters...

Comment

Mudhole stompin' lol never heard that before.

Ghetto said this was our rumored trade for Kobe but got shut down or something

Kobe

for

Rip
      Tayshaun
      Amir
      1st rounder

Comment

If we did that, our lineup would probably be:::

PG- Chauncey Billups / Rodney Stuckey / Lindsey Hunter
        SG- Kobe Bryant / Flip Murray / Arron Afflalo / Sammy Mejia
        SF- Jarvis Hayes / Ronald Dupree
        PF- Antonio McDyess / Jason Maxiell
        C- Rasheed Wallace / Nazr Mohammed / Cheikh Samb

Not bad.. I'd hate to get rid of Tayshaun and Amir.. Kobe is the best player in the league though.. It'd be a very tough decision.

Comment

Stucky, Rip, Sheed + 1sts

For Kobe

Would that kill our frontline to much?

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
            Stucky, Rip, Sheed + 1sts

For Kobe

Would that kill our frontline to much?
            Nah.. we could even sign Chris Webber after that deal. Or trade Flip Murray and whatever else to get another big.

Comment

1-0

Tayshaun drops 34

Comment

I only watched a little of the game, but I was impressed. I really like Jarvis Hayes' game.

What happened to Affalo though? I know he started but I missed him play.
                Cheers to Michigan winters...

Comment

2-0

I'm liking this team. Rasheed looks motivated.

Comment

Alright, I haven't been keeping up with the team this offseason . . . is Chris Webber coming back? I heard he got an offer to play in Europe . . .

And are we seriously going with Nazr Muhammad again? Didn't we bench him last season, never to be heard from again?
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.
                    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Nazr Muhammad is the saddest excuse for a basketball player. Whys he playing.

sig made by BoneKrusher

Comment

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../1051/SPORTS03

Johnson '95%,' could play against Bulls

Pistons coach Flip Saunders said Amir Johnson had his best practice with the longest amount of contact play on Wednesday since spraining his left ankle early in training camp.

I think I feel pretty good, Johnson said. I think Im about 95%. Im getting up and down the floor, my jumping is not quite back but Im able to work and work hard.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../1051/SPORTS03

Rook's recovery

Pistons rookie Rodney Stuckey says his broken hand has almost healed to the point where he can make his NBA debut. It probably won't happen until after the team's five-game West Coast trip this month, but Pistons fans must love to hear that Stuckey will be slashing to the hoop soon.

Comment

I didn't catch the game but I heard Samb and Amir were amazing. Both were playing great on the defensive end.

Comment

Wow well this thread has been dead.

But i want to talk about the pistons real quick (i know weird time with the draft and tigers season starting).

But i think it is time Joe D makes a very hard run at Izzo. Reports are swirling that everyone wants this guy and lets be real i don't see him leaving the state of Michigan. Meaning he will be at MSU next year or if we really pursued him he could be the next pistons coach.

I think this is the right time for him to come, in the past our biggest issues have been no respect for the coaches, that the coaches were too soft, and that Rip and other guys from the championship core were not responding.

Well looking at how Izzo deals with his superstars i think he is perfect for this job. He will demand respect from everyone and have no problem sitting prima donna players until they buy into the system.

So for the sake of ever rebuilding this team JoeD must rid the franchise of rip, let the new era of gordon and stuckey take over.

Hire Izzo and let him develop Stuckey into a real PG, look at past MSU teams, they always have a true PG and i trust Izzo to do this.

Get lucky in the draft process and get a top 4 pick ensuring us of either wall, turner, cousins, or favors. My favorite is Cousins so number 3 would be ideal. Yes i know turner or wall would be incredible and id take them in a heart beat but a double double center is really what this team needs so i would love to get cousins.

Next year:
                            C: Cousins
                            PF: Favors
                            SF: Prince
                            SG: Gordon
                            Pg: Stuckey

Bench:
                            Bynum, Jerebko, Daye

This is a team we could let Izzo develop and actually have a future with

Comment

atleast the pistons know when to pack it in. the pacers went on a stupid winning streak and went from 4th pick to the 8th. the pistons are primed for a good/great pickup in the draft. wesley johnson deserves a look too just in case we move prince. i would like a quality big with cousins or favors.
                              SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                              Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
                                Get lucky in the draft process and get a top 4 pick ensuring us of either wall, turner, cousins, or favors. My favorite is Cousins so number 3 would be ideal. Yes i know turner or wall would be incredible and id take them in a heart beat but a double double center is really what this team needs so i would love to get cousins.

Next year:
                                C: Cousins
                                PF: Favors
                                SF: Prince
                                SG: Gordon
                                Pg: Stuckey

Bench:
                                Bynum, Jerebko, Daye

This is a team we could let Izzo develop and actually have a future with
                                Banking on both Favors AND Cousins in that lineup? You mean Charlie in one of those spots right?

As for Izzo staying in Michigan... I don't think its a slam dunk. People tie too much up into coaches/players "love for the area." In the long run I think everyone has their price. I don't see how Oregon (his latest rumor) is a better job than MSU so I dont think he would fly off there...unless they made promises that MSU couldn't.

And of course there is the NBA. Can anyone tell me the last college coach who had NBA success? Izzo can motivate kids, he can think through the game, and he can get a lot of out of his guys but the pros is different. You have to deal with prima donnas, attitudes, egos, guys who are playing for their next contract. Its not a slam dunk that he will be successful.
                                Last edited by tblain1; 03-31-2010, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information