No announcement yet.

Detroit Pistons Discussion ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

even bosh and joe johnson would be nice compared to what we ended up with. i'm not even going to venture into the lebron or wade territory.
    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
      even bosh and joe johnson would be nice compared to what we ended up with. i'm not even going to venture into the lebron or wade territory.
      Yeah, I never thought LeBron or Wade would come here. Bosh was probably the best possibility. Boozer was most realistic. We also could've ended up with David Lee or Rudy ***.

I don't know.. maybe we could work a Sign & Trade, but I don't think anyone is dying to come here bad enough to want to work one out.

Comment

Originally posted by WMD View Post
        If only we lost that last game against Minnesota.. Down by 20 and they decided to come back and freakin win. Blah.

Who wants to give up a $12 Million expiring contract? Not to mention he's 32 and that contract goes on for 3 more years. At best I could see us getting a smaller expiring contract ($4-$6 Million) and then taking another overpaid player. I'll use Toronto as an example: Jose Calderon ($9 Million in 2010, owed nearly $30 Million over the next 3 years) and Marcus Banks ($4.7 Million expiring) for Rip works out.

Random thought: Maybe New Orleans would give us James Posey and Mo Pete for Rip?

As far as Ben Gordon and Villanueva go.. meh. I don't mind Ben Gordon, but the signing was unnecessary. We signed a 6th Man to a $10 Million per year contract when we lack a difference maker at the PF and Center spots. Villanueva was just a horrible signing. He's done nothing since scoring 48 Points as a Rookie. I doubt any other team was gonna offer him anything close to what Dumars did.
        a team that spends it entire cap on 2 superstars and still wants to add a solid shooter who would make a impact as a role player. Knicks nets heck even mavs or miami are all going to max out their cap but they'll still have to add role players. As long as wade and lebron don't end up playing together
        i think someone would definitly consider taking his cap on.

Comment

I loved the Pistons' draft. Thank you Golden State for taking Udoh instead of Monroe! Terrico White was a head-scratcher at first, but I've since warmed up to the guy. Hopefully Hamilton is traded after the first wave of free agents fall into place, IMO that's when his value will be at it's best/be anything at all.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information