Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detroit Pistons Discussion ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Detroit Pistons Discussion ...

    We didn't have one last year? Couldn't find it atleast.

    Watching the pre-season game against Denver right now. Could Samb actually be part of our future? I'm interested in the progression of Maxiell this year.

  • #2
    i was at the game today, it was in my hometown of grand rapids. some impressions i came away with-

    samb is skinny but he is very quick, he was routinely knocking down 15 footers.

    flip murray looks like the flip of old, he was taking ahold of some parts of the game and i came away impressed.

    i really like jarvis hayes alot, he finally gives us that guy off the bench who isn't afraid to shoot the ball, something we haven't had off the bench since possibly corliss williamson.

    there were questions about affalos offensive game, but i think those questions need to be brushed aside as he is very offensively sound.

    i got some pictures ill post them up in a little bit. (courtside baby!)

    Comment


    • #3
      heres those pics i promised sorry if it makes the thread really long but i dont know how to make thumbnails!













      [IMG]
      http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h31/jbombul/th_bench.jpg[/IMG]

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice pics!

        Comment


        • #5
          I've only seen one of our preseason games.. I'm excited to see what Arron Afflalo can get done off the bench.. Jarvis Hayes has looked great from what I hear, too..

          Comment


          • #6
            Yesterday, on 97.1/1270, they were talking about if the Pistons should inquire about Kobe. Surprisingly, about 60% of the callers said the wanted no part of him.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
              Yesterday, on 97.1/1270, they were talking about if the Pistons should inquire about Kobe. Surprisingly, about 60% of the callers said the wanted no part of him.
              It would go against the way we built our team. Can we even offer them a realistic trade? They are going to want a PG. Would you give them Billups or Stucky? Maxiell or Amir? Would they even want Rasheed? Our draft picks are to high.

              Note - You can listen live to any NBA game at NBA.com if you make an account. I think all the Pistons games are on TV, but who knows you might use it some time down the road.

              Comment


              • #8
                i can see some light comparisions of stuckey to wade, they are both physical guards and are built the same. stuckey does not have the finishing ability of wade, but he does get to the line quite a bit, he is also good for a 15-6-6 kinda game at anytime, hes one of those do all guards i also have some more pics from the game last night if anyone is interested. also, i would not any part of kobe!! :)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jbombul View Post
                  i can see some light comparisions of stuckey to wade, they are both physical guards and are built the same. stuckey does not have the finishing ability of wade, but he does get to the line quite a bit, he is also good for a 15-6-6 kinda game at anytime, hes one of those do all guards i also have some more pics from the game last night if anyone is interested. also, i would not any part of kobe!! :)
                  Stuckey is looking like a great pick. I heard great things about him but didn't really understand or believe until I watched him play. Should be that backup guy we needed to eat up minutes.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'd love to have Kobe on the Pistons.. Though it'd probably cost us something like Rip, Rasheed, Maxiell, and Stuckey.. Probably a little more.

                    Our starting lineup would probably be Billups/Kobe/Tayshaun/McDyess/Nazr which wouldn't be that bad at all, IMO.. Our bigs off the bench would be thinned out, with only Amir Johnson and Cheikh Samb being capable of playing the 4/5.. And both of them are terribly inexperienced (though I have been known to have a thing for Amir Johnson <3) We'd probably sign Chris Webber after that deal..

                    Of course, it's not going to happen.. but yeah, I'd support Kobe in Detroit.
                    Last edited by WMD; 10-18-2007, 05:32 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                      I'd love to have Kobe on the Pistons.. Though it'd probably cost us something like Rip, Rasheed, Maxiell, and Stuckey.. Probably a little more.

                      Our starting lineup would probably be Billups/Kobe/Tayshaun/McDyess/Nazr which wouldn't be that bad at all, IMO.. Our bigs off the bench would be thinned out, with only Amir Johnson and Cheikh Samb being capable of playing the 4/5.. And both of them are terribly inexperienced (though I have been known to have a thing for Amir Johnson <3) We'd probably sign Chris Webber after that deal..

                      Of course, it's not going to happen.. but yeah, I'd support Kobe in Detroit.
                      I used Real GM's trade checker to try to find an acceptable trade scenario that would get Kobe here, and there isn't really anything I think they'd go for.

                      I'm sure the Lakers would want to get younger and equally talented/athletic if they were to trade Kobe, but this team doesn't have too many young athletes outside of Johnson and Stuckey. I'd love to see him in a Pistons uniform though.
                      Cheers to Michigan winters...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        unless they are willing to take Rip and Sheed plus firsts we wont be able to get him. We cant give up too much because we have some seriously unproven commodities on our bench. So if we give up too many estblished players and these rook's dont pan out immidately then we could be in for a long season.

                        fenikz

                        "Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

                        35-21

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Stuckey broke his hand.

                          http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...71/1004/SPORTS
                          Cheers to Michigan winters...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JPLUFF View Post
                            Atleast its not in his shooting hand, but its still horrible news. I heard one person say this is good because the time off will make him rested at the end of the season.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                              Atleast its not in his shooting hand, but its still horrible news. I heard one person say this is good because the time off will make him rested at the end of the season.
                              who'd you hear that from? matt millen or somethin? cuz that person needs a mudhole stompin

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information