Denver @ Detroit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver @ Detroit

How do you all think it is gonna go?....this is what is being said in the Bronco forum

"outside of like, 4 bright spots, our team sucks. our linebackers are awful. our d-line is terrible. our coaching staff might be the stupidest group of people on any sideline in the nfl. ugh. is there some reason we stopped blitzing again? does shanny somehow believe that our d-line will suddenly not be made up of rookies and that they'll suddenly be able to pressure the qb by only rushing 3 or 4? does he actually believe that putting ferguson as the deep one in zone is going to help any of the dbs cover the pass? you might as well blitz him and lynch every time. it's not like they're good for anything else. everyone on our o-line should be benched immediately and permanently. no one played well. i'd like every single person who told me signing dan graham for 6 million a year was a good thing to explain why, again. he's providing zero help with blocking, he drops balls, and he's not been 1/3 the TE that scheffler has been. i'll be waiting."

If the Lions can stop the running game of Denver, it should be a fairly easy victory. We need to get CJ more catches, get him more involved in our offense. Theres no reason Detroit shouldn't score 30+ points in this game. Anyway heres my prediction:

Lions- 31
    Broncos- 20

Comment

I currently have us finishing 7-9/8-8. If we beat Denver I'll fully buy into the 10-6 talk.

Comment

I think Denver (at home) is definitely a winnable game... for these reasons:

1.) We want to establish the run.
        2.) Kevin Jones is running well.
        3.) Denver can't stop the run.

Our offense *should* be fine this week... which will put it all on our defense. Can they stop the run? Can they force the bad passes that they forced from Griese? If so, we should take it.

I think we can. Prediction: Detroit 24, Broncos 13.
        Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Detroit 24
          Denver 20
          R.I.P. L.E.F.
          "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
            Detroit 24
            Denver 20
            CJ
            1 TD
            50 yards receiving

KJ
            120 yards
            2TD

Duckett gets more carries

I'm calling another Alexander pick.

Comment

Jarvis Moss and Rod Smith are out, Travis Henry and Champ Bailey are questionable, Dre Bly and Tony Scheffler are probable and John Lynch and D.J. Williams also have injuries (neck/shoulder). That's a lot of key injuries.

We'll see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
                Jarvis Moss and Rod Smith are out, Travis Henry and Champ Bailey are questionable, Dre Bly and Tony Scheffler are probable and John Lynch and D.J. Williams also have injuries (neck/shoulder). That's a lot of key injuries.

We'll see what happens.
                which is why I don't see us losing this one. The bronco's are freefalling, mainly due to their injury-ravaged state. Lynch is out, Jarvis Moss and Rod Smith are out, let's not forget Javon Walker isn't playing and if any of those two corners (bailey-bly) aren't there they are not only going to have trouble stopping the run.

So in review:
                - Denver can't stop the run
                - A lot of players in their secondary are banged up
                - Cutler has no targets (with Walker and Smith out and Scheffler probable)

the only thing they've been able to do with some succes is kicking field goals and occasionaly running. I just can't see them beat us.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

This one will not be as easy as all that.

One thing the Broncos do pretty well is protect the QB. If Cutler is given time and is allowed to complete all those short to medium balls, and Henry plays, then they could put up some points.

Granted, their DL is poor and I don't see them stopping the Lions from scoring pretty well themselves. I expect a shootout with the Lions coming out on top, but I don't think this will be a walkover at all.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post

We'll see what happens.

We said that about the Philadelhpia game....I will no longer buy the injury card arguement.....Cutler is still a green QB so throw pressure at him with blitzes....pound the ball with Kevin Jones and use playaction...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadLionsFan;70572[B
                      1]We said that about the Philadelhpia game.[/B]...I will no longer buy the injury card arguement.....Cutler is still a green QB so throw pressure at him with blitzes....pound the ball with Kevin Jones and use playaction...
                      true. And we were wrong, doesn't matter that it does bring an advantage, although we failed to use it. This game will be hard, but their injuries and poor Run D make it a winnable game.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

16-0 at the half. We scored points on all four first half possessions . . . defense has played well . . . we sure look like a playoff team today.
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.
                        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

That needs to be fixed. Marshall just fumbled the ball, but the refs called it incomplete. The problem? It was a fumble. He had possession and dropped the ball before he hit the ground. But, because they called it an incomplete pass, it can't be challenged. I just threw my ******** flag.

Anyway, the Lions have been playing great all-around football for the second week in a row. We've been running the ball, throwing the ball (short and down the field) and playing solid defense. Each Denver QB has been pressured and the secondary has been solid.

Impressive showing for Detroit. Denver took Green Bay to OT, but are down 23-0 in the 3rd. Yes, it was at home for Denver and Cutler is hurt, but it's still a statement.

White is sexy.

Comment

I hope White isn't hurt to bad. Shaun Rogers 66 yard pick 6!

Comment

holy... crap

we're not just beating the bronco's we're destroying them...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information