Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: Lions Make offer for Brady Quinn

Heard from the radio (97.1)...

Detroit has contacted the Cleveland Browns about aquiring Cleveland QB Brady Quinn.

Lions have offered their 2008 #1 pick, Dan Orlovsky, and Tatum Bell.

There were also rumblings that their is a growing power struggle between the M's... and not just Martz and Marinelli.. but Martz, Marinelli and Millen.. and its a 3 way dance, not 2-on-1's.

I realize the trade deadline has passed, so this would be brought to the forefront once the season is over.

Well there is one problem. At the end of the season, Tatum Bell will opt out of his contract, thus making him untradeable. So Lions will have to be giving up something other than a #1 and Orlovsky. I would think something more along the lines of #1, conditional future 3rd (that could kick up to a 2nd) and Orlovsky, maybe Calhoun too.
    INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

Comment

If that's true ... I'm floored. Drew Stanton and Brady Quinn? Makes little sense, as Kitna would still be there. Might as well give Stanton a chance to develop and add to other areas of the team.

Comment

Maybe, instead of Orlovsky/Bell, they just give up Stanton and a first for Quinn?

Originally Posted by scottyboy
        my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
        But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

or maybe the stanton injury is worse than expected???

Comment

I think that trade would hinge on two things. Whether or not Anderson regresses back to the norm in the last few weeks, and where the Lions are picking. I think if it happened it may be a draft day trade, so he could see who that #1 pick would be.

And I doubt Orlovsky or Stanton would mean much to them. If they trade Quinn it means they're placing their future in Anderson.

Comment

yeah, but also think of the cap hit Browns would take, and then they would also have to sign Anderson, which they can wait if they Tag his ass, or put high tender. But to have 2 rookie qbs, yeah trade away edwards, if they really want Quinn

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                yeah, but also think of the cap hit Browns would take, and then they would also have to sign Anderson, which they can wait if they Tag his ass, or put high tender. But to have 2 rookie qbs, yeah trade away edwards, if they really want Quinn
                Quinn's actually on a pretty small contract right now. The cap hit wouldn't be that big.

Comment

yeah i think the bonus is like 7 mil and like 5 of which was up front so if i understand the cap hits correctly ours would only be ~2 mil, considering that the cap space will be raised yet again, it basically doesn't matter.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by Bootland27 View Post
                    Heard from the radio (97.1)...

Detroit has contacted the Cleveland Browns about aquiring Cleveland QB Brady Quinn.

Lions have offered their 2008 #1 pick, Dan Orlovsky, and Tatum Bell.

There were also rumblings that their is a growing power struggle between the M's... and not just Martz and Marinelli.. but Martz, Marinelli and Millen.. and its a 3 way dance, not 2-on-1's.

I realize the trade deadline has passed, so this would be brought to the forefront once the season is over.

Umm Tatum Bell is a free agent after the season. How could we trade him?

This sounds like a lot of bull**** to me.
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.
                    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                      Umm Tatum Bell is a free agent after the season. How could we trade him?

This sounds like a lot of bull**** to me.
                      Hey don't shoot the messenger.

But are you positive that Bell is a FA after the year? I heard he's not (still another year left).

Comment

Interesting.

Detroit ending up with Calvin Johnson and Brady Quinn is sick.

Comment

This will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            This will never happen.
                            Can you please explain why?

Comment

Originally posted by BucSappy View Post
                              Can you please explain why?
                              Because the Lions already have Drew Stanton.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information