Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hallelujah! Martz to be fired after Sunday's game.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hallelujah! Martz to be fired after Sunday's game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3173002

u stole my thunder

Comment

Kippy Brown has been in the league forever but has yet to get his chance to coordinate. Should be interesting to see how similar he is to Martz.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

im furios haha well its interesting that we'll rehire from inside rather then looking outside our team

Comment

Problems solved!!!! 16-0 Here we come!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            Kippy Brown has been in the league forever but has yet to get his chance to coordinate. Should be interesting to see how similar he is to Martz.
            i actually think we was a cordinator for the dolphins for two years

Comment

This better mean new QB also

Comment

it might be hard to replace kitna

Comment

So does this mean an end to the spread offense?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    Problems solved!!!! 16-0 Here we come!!!!
                    We? Get off of our bandwagon, poncho!!

Comment

Oh, by the way, we're going to be terrible next year.

The Martz offense didn't hold us back. Jon Kitna, our bad OL and our terrible Defense held us back.

We rarely had a pass rush and rarely covered anybody past the line of scrimmage.

The OLine was meh.. good at points (Woody at RT) and terrible at others (Jeff Sackus)..

Our receivers routinely got open or at least had a shot at a catch if the QB delivered it in the right spot.. but we constantly had Kitna overthrowing, underthrowing, throwing too high, too low, behind receivers, leading them too far.. I can't think of one great game that he played.

This one is on Marinelli. He had to have known what he was getting with Mike Martz.. If he was surprised that we always threw 40+ Times a game, never ran, and got sacked a lot; he's just as clueless as pretty much everybody else in our management.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                        Oh, by the way, we're going to be terrible next year.

The Martz offense didn't hold us back. Jon Kitna, our bad OL and our terrible Defense held us back.

We rarely had a pass rush and rarely covered anybody past the line of scrimmage.

The OLine was meh.. good at points (Woody at RT) and terrible at others (Jeff Sackus)..

Our receivers routinely got open or at least had a shot at a catch if the QB delivered it in the right spot.. but we constantly had Kitna overthrowing, underthrowing, throwing too high, too low, behind receivers, leading them too far.. I can't think of one great game that he played.

This one is on Marinelli. He had to have known what he was getting with Mike Martz.. If he was surprised that we always threw 40+ Times a game, never ran, and got sacked a lot; he's just as clueless as pretty much everybody else in our management.
                        i dont see us being worse then this year and we have a shot at being 8-8. Our oline has been much better with woody so if we can retain him that will be a big plus. I see us adding a lot of our defense so i think that will be better and although i dont think we will replace kitna this year a more balanced offense will help him alot

Comment

Martz to be fired

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3173002

The Detroit Lions are expected to fire offensive coordinator Mike Martz after Sunday's season finale against Green Bay, the Los Angeles Times reported on its Web site.

The newspaper, citing multiple sources familiar with the situation, said the Lions will replace the veteran coach with receivers coach Kippy Brown. ESPN NFL analyst Chris Mortensen confirmed the report Saturday night.

Comment

Lions are ****** next season.

We will be lucky to win 6 games next year, and that's not just because of the firing of Martz.

We're gonna end up with a pick between 15 and 22, and based on overall talent, the Lions should be picking top 5. Our defense is barren in terms of playmakers. Our offensive line is atrocious. Kitna has proven to be a guy incapable of leading a team to the playoffs. And Millen is an incompetant, bumbling idiot.
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.
                            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Drew Stanton will go down as a wasted pick. He was Martz's guy. Now he is gonna have to learn a new system, and his developmental year will prove worthless.

The Lions might as well invest a first and a third rounder in Derek Anderson. They are too gunshy to pick a 1st round QB again, and there aren't gonna be any starting caliber free agent QB's walking around in the forseeable future.
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.
                              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information