X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• familyguy555
    started a topic So.....

So.....

who do you guys think we will get in FA?

• Xiomera
    replied
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2784159

Lists Detroit as a possible landing spot for Cato June . . . ??? Another OLB? Makes no sense to me.

Also, DT Robaire Smith possibly to Detroit? Another DT? WTF?

FS Kevin Kaesviharn as a possibility for Detroit? Hmmm . . .

Overall, a very strange list.

Leave a comment:

• Xiomera
    replied
    We are probably gonna go after DE Dewayne White from Tampa. He'd be a good signing.

Leave a comment:

• detknowitall
    replied
    Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
    Doss is coming off a major injury. He is only 80 % right now but should be ready by training camp. I wouldn't want him. though given the injury Stick with Kennedy for one more year and Bullocks at free safety. Kennedy and Doss are strong safeties and Bullocks should be a strong safety. I guess it doesn't matter in the Cover 2 in terms of strong and free safety though but I would like a typical free safety on the roster. Deon Grant from Jax would work as long as we get him at a reasonable price. However, we have bigger needs right now than safety.

The Question isnt what is a bigger need it was who would you like to get from FA. Doss can run and has big hitting capabilities. Thats the guy you want in a cover 2 system. Deon Grant would be good but doesnt have the experience in a cover 2 like Doss does. Kennedy is not suited at all to the Cover 2 scheme. He's not really helping out at all. Bullocks played way better than kennedy did last year. Cut Kennedy and sign Doss to a 2-3 year deal.

Leave a comment:

• Xiomera
    replied
    Originally posted by Addict View Post
    Aren't we (over)paying Kennedy a lot of money?
    Yes we are . . . all he has been doing is getting arrested.

Leave a comment:

• Maybe Next Year Millen2
    replied
    Originally posted by detknowitall View Post
    Mike Doss. He's experienced at the safety position and has worked in the Cover 2 under Dungy. The Lions aren't sold on Terrance Holt and Kenoy kennedy as safeties. He should be considerably cheaper than alot of other FA. I also wouldnt mind getting Nick Harper.
    Doss is coming off a major injury. He is only 80 % right now but should be ready by training camp. I wouldn't want him. though given the injury Stick with Kennedy for one more year and Bullocks at free safety. Kennedy and Doss are strong safeties and Bullocks should be a strong safety. I guess it doesn't matter in the Cover 2 in terms of strong and free safety though but I would like a typical free safety on the roster. Deon Grant from Jax would work as long as we get him at a reasonable price. However, we have bigger needs right now than safety.

Leave a comment:

• Addict
    replied
    Originally posted by detknowitall View Post
    Mike Doss. He's experienced at the safety position and has worked in the Cover 2 under Dungy. The Lions aren't sold on Terrance Holt and Kenoy kennedy as safeties. He should be considerably cheaper than alot of other FA. I also wouldnt mind getting Nick Harper.
    Aren't we (over)paying Kennedy a lot of money?

Leave a comment:

• detknowitall
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DoWnThEfiElD
    replied
    Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
    i dont think its that close and the coaches love KJ and will definitly resign him when his contract is up if they were thinking that he's going to be gona soon im pretty sure they'd take AD

If we do resign him his contract will have a mojority of the money obtainible through incentives.

Leave a comment:

• TacticaLion
    replied
    Fletcher is gone... according to Tom Kowalski (sp?).

That leaves MLB as a position of need.

Leave a comment:

• Notredameleo
    replied
    I'm Hoping for Curtis and Fletcher-Baker, and maybe a surprise like Steinbach or Dielman

Leave a comment:

• detroit4life
    replied
    Originally posted by familyguy555 View Post
    Isnt KJ contract almost over. If so I cant see the Lions re-signing him bc of injuries. Calhoun I cant see being a full time starter but a great backup. I think we should at least try and grab someone in FA. Definitely not a full time starter, but a nice RB to help out Calhoun.
    i dont think its that close and the coaches love KJ and will definitly resign him when his contract is up if they were thinking that he's going to be gona soon im pretty sure they'd take AD

Leave a comment:

• detroit4life
    replied
    yes furrey would be the slot reciever with curtis at #2

Leave a comment:

• JPLUFF
    replied
    Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    Are you think Kevin Curtis to start over Furry? Because I think he can find a starting spot out there. He's arguably the best FA WR available.
    I think with the numbers Furrey put up last year in this system that'd it be unlikely, but he could definitely earn the spot in camp.

Leave a comment:

• bearsfan_51
    replied
    Are you think Kevin Curtis to start over Furry? Because I think he can find a starting spot out there. He's arguably the best FA WR available.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information