Lions to make a push at Justin Smith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lions to make a push at Justin Smith

I was just watching a rerun of todays NFL Total Access, the Adam Scheffler chimed in and was discussing big offseason names... than when Justin Smiths name came up he really went into depth about how the lions were they most likely and by far the biggest push to get him.

What do you guys think?

As a Bengals fan I hope to god he does not return. He is the suck. Especially for what we paid him this season.

Comment

Originally posted by truth393 View Post
      I was just watching a rerun of todays NFL Total Access, the Adam Scheffler chimed in and was discussing big offseason names... than when Justin Smiths name came up he really went into depth about how the lions were they most likely and by far the biggest push to get him.

What do you guys think?
      Sounds good to me, but we can't give him a boatload of guaranteed money like Millen will want to.

If we could eliminate DE as a need before the draft though, that would be huge.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

I think that Justin Smith would help us. Him and White at ends, that is a pretty decent duo.

props to jkpigskin for the sweet Antonio Cromartie Sig

Comment

What makes him very likely to come to us? I don't know much about him.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
            Sounds good to me, but we can't give him a boatload of guaranteed money like Millen will want to.

If we could eliminate DE as a need before the draft though, that would be huge.
            And yes, eliminating DE as a need is huge.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

If the Bengals, with the worst defense of all recorded history, doesn't want to resign him.. Why should we want to bring him in? I'd much rather draft a DE.

Comment

He's actually one of the good guys on that team. I guess he'd be considered a Marinelli type player, but he had just 2 sacks last year after averaging 7-8 sacks per season prior to last year. He should be the fallback option if we can't get Jared Allen or Terrell Suggs

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                  If the Bengals, with the worst defense of all recorded history, doesn't want to resign him.. Why should we want to bring him in? I'd much rather draft a DE.
                  Of course it'd be better to use a high draft pick on a DE, but we have millions of needs (yes, I said it, millions) that would require a top pick to fix.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.
                  "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                    Of course it'd be better to use a high draft pick on a DE, but we have millions of needs (yes, I said it, millions) that would require a top pick to fix.
                    id still rather throw money at suggs or allen over smith

Comment

For one there is no way Allen isn't being franchised and two there is pretty much no chance of signing Suggs.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        For one there is no way Allen isn't being franchised and two there is pretty much no chance of signing Suggs.
                        Exactly. I hate this minimum length crap.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

i would understand that but its all about money for these guys so what stops suggs from considering us

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
                            i would understand that but its all about money for these guys so what stops suggs from considering us
                            I would think the #1 thing stopping you guys would be baltimore franchising him. They freed up money with letting go adalius thomas this year and I think they plan on keeping suggs, they'd be foolish to let him go.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

As a team that has face Justin Smith 2 times a year over his career, Id steer clear of him if I were the Lions.
                              HALL OF FAMER!
                              PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                              JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information