Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lions Looking for a New Starting RB??

from rotoworld via Detroit news....

New Lions coordinator Jim Colletto says the team's No. 1 offseason priority on offense is finding a new running back.

Kevin Jones (torn ACL) is expected to be ready by training camp, but this isn't a ringing endorsement. "We're going to look around," Colletto said. "I don't know how well Kevin Jones is going to respond to the injuries. We've got to find somebody who's going to be consistent." It sounds like Colletto may even be searching for a back to replace Jones as the starter.

http://info.detnews.com/redesign/blo...TOKEN=14178130

Coletto's Priorities on Offense look like this:
    1. RB
    2. TE
    3. T

But defense is going to be their first order of business.

OH YEAH RASHARD MENDENHALL!!!

RASH-- wait, it's the second order of business? Screw that, let's get Roy on the first train out of Detrot and bring in RASHARD MENDENHALL in. Please?

Pretty Please?

Sugar on top?

Sugar on top fo-eva?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I'd like Michael Turner.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootland27 View Post
        I'd like Rashard Mendenhall.
        :) fixed it for you.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
          :) fixed it for you.
          As long as the tackle position is addressed, its cool

Comment

As long as the tackle position is addressed, its cool
            You're so lucky I'm not pushing Mendenhall down your throat. We'll get to O-line in FA... besides if our OC says it's not priority #1 I'm not gonna argue.

I also wonder how effective Turner is in the cold, I know Ford Field is indoor but we have 2 division games that are outdoorsy and Illinois and Wisconsin aren't really prone to heatstrokes in november and december

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

You're so lucky I'm not pushing Mendenhall down your throat. We'll get to O-line in FA... besides if our OC says it's not priority #1 I'm not gonna argue.

I also wonder how effective Turner is in the cold, I know Ford Field is indoor but we have 2 division games that are outdoorsy and Illinois and Wisconsin aren't really prone to heatstrokes in november and december
              When it comes to RBs my love for Jonathan Stewart is at epic proportions. With all due respect to Mendenhall, Stewart>Mendenhall (sorry to break your heart )

If we get Turner though, I'm not worried about his performance in the cold. He looked just fine in Foxboro.
              Last edited by Bootland27; 01-22-2008, 01:29 PM.

Comment

You're so lucky I'm not pushing Mendenhall down your throat.
                BAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

i will be a little disapointed if we take a RB in round one rather then adressing our needs on defense. If we have a defense as bad as it was this year and RB wont have a ton to do in the gameplan because we wont be pounding the ball like we want to because we'll find ouselves down by 2 touchdowns early in the game

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
                    i will be a little disapointed if we take a RB in round one rather then adressing our needs on defense. If we have a defense as bad as it was this year and RB wont have a ton to do in the gameplan because we wont be pounding the ball like we want to because we'll find ouselves down by 2 touchdowns early in the game

I concur. I would like to see a solid LT come in and add in some playmakers on D. Even a good RB will not get 60 yards per game with our line if we don't get somebody in who can play. I would love to see a MLB in round 1 but nobody is really worth it or if a LT falls to #15, like Clady (even though he would have to be horrible at the combine). I guess we will have to wait and see who is a monster at the combine and if we are looking at any FA's before the draft/
                    Last edited by Newbs24; 01-22-2008, 02:46 PM.

Originally posted by supermario86
                    Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbs24 View Post
                      I concur. I would like to see a solid LT come in and ad some playmakers on D. Even a good RB will not get 60 yards per game with our line if we don't get somebody in who can play. I would love to see a MLB in round 1 or if a LT falls to #15, like Clady (even though he would have to be horrible at the combine).
                      to be honest with woody i dont think this oline is all that bad. especially for a running game, there nothing special and could be a ton better but with woody at RT i think they can get the job done. But our defense is terrible and our running game will be lost in the second half if were down by a few scores so how much can a RB do for you if your defense allows the opposing team to score 30+ points.

Comment

When it comes to RBs my love for Jonathan Stewart is at epic proportions. With all due respect to Mendenhall, Stewart>Mendenhall (sorry to break your heart )

If we get Turner though, I'm not worried about his performance in the cold. He looked just fine in Foxboro.
                        I'm still not sold on Turner, never have been crazy about him.

And you're right Stewart is a much better running back than Mendenhall... on planet Htrae (that's Earth backwards, FYI)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

PLEASE GIVE ME JONATHON STEWART!

move roy to Dallas for #22. take stewart at 15, and Leodis Mckelvin at 22.

Boom, CJ81 is now a #1, where he belongs, Furrey is a great #2 again, mcdonald already is a stud #3.

Stewart and mckelvin start from day 1 and we are in great shape if we can get an LB.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

Originally posted by asmitty45 View Post
                            PLEASE GIVE ME JONATHON STEWART!

move roy to Dallas for #22. take stewart at 15, and Leodis Mckelvin at 22.

Boom, CJ81 is now a #1, where he belongs, Furrey is a great #2 again, mcdonald already is a stud #3.

Stewart and mckelvin start from day 1 and we are in great shape if we can get an LB.
                            Stewart isn't half the man Mendenhall is. He has like, one testicle.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Adict knows for sure how many nuts Mendenhall has because he's all over them, haha.

And we have established that McKelvin is not a good pick for us.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information