Shaun Rogers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaun Rogers

I just heard on ESPN first take that the Lions are willing to part ways with Rogers. The organization is tired of him he is too lazy. So I was thinking about sending him and probably a 3th or 4th to the Jets for Vilma. Hopefully Millen can get something for him he still has some value.

Originally posted by truth393 View Post
    I just heard on ESPN first take that the Lions are willing to part ways with Rogers. The organization is tired of him he is too lazy. So I was thinking about sending him and probably a 3th or 4th to the Jets for Vilma. Hopefully Millen can get something for him he still has some value.
    This has been discussed at length in at least 3 other threads in the past month.

It is a pipe dream of every Lions fan here to make a trade like this.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Yaa, as well as a pipe dream for jets fan hah. I did just read this on rotoworld so there could be some sort of validity to it, but im sure itll end up being a 3rdish rounder to some team thats not the jets, because why would the jets and lions do something to benefit their own teams.

St. Petersburg Times writer Rick Stroud reported on ESPN's First Take that the Lions will look to trade Shaun Rogers. The Detroit Free Press has confirmed via a source that Rogers will not be brought back in 2008.
      Rogers can be a dominant force inside, but the Lions are clearly frustrated by his failure to stay consistently productive and in shape. If the Lions can't deal him, Rogers is expected to be released. Detroit should be able to get a first-day pick for the 28-year-old, but probably not a first-rounder. Jan. 23 - 11:06 am et

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

If I were the Jets, I wouldn't trade Vilma for Rogers and a 4th. Rogers and a 3rd, probably not either. I know what I'll get from Vilma, and I've seen enough of Rogers to expect what I'll get from him.

I think I could do better for Vilma, he's a very good/great 4-3 linebacker. Even though he's coming off injury, it wasn't microfracture surgery as maybe initially feared nor a torn ligament/Achilles injury, so recovery looks good and I think he should have no trouble garnering a mid-2nd round pick at least.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I doubt we get anymore than a 4th or 5th Round value for Shaun Rogers. I bet we end up cutting him...

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
            I doubt we get anymore than a 4th or 5th Round value for Shaun Rogers. I bet we end up cutting him...
            If the Jets could get Rogers for a fourth and a fifth, that would be great. Add him and Gholston at #6 to the Jets defense and suddenly, the Jets have a real defense. They'll be able to stop the run, Vilma will be productive again, Gholston would be able to sack a quarterback (something no other Jets OLB can do), mana will fall from the heavens, flower petals will be appear wherever Eric Mangini walks and all will be right with the world.

No seriously, Rogers would be a huge boost for the Jets defense. He's a giant run stuffing nose tackle who can occupy multiple blockers and allow linebackers to make plays. Thats 50% of what the Jets need on defense in a nutshell. The other 50% being a pass rush.

Comment

Sure the idea of shopping Rogers sounds good, but look at the reality of the situation. He's now reached the backloaded three years of his current contract ($16.5M in base salary alone), why would anyone want to take on that deal? Maybe they could convince him to restructure for 08, but there's no guarantee on that end. Plus he's already received a four-game suspension for steriods/related substances, one more positive test and that's more games suspended. Add a somewhat inconsistent motor and weight issues, which prevents him from being the fully dominant player he could be, and you've got a talent that won't be as easy to trade as some may think.

I think the media, whether national or Detroit, does a disservice by simply stating that the Lions could/should trade away Rogers for a great draft pick. They're idiots, but that's no excuse to foster ignorance.
              Last edited by Geo; 01-23-2008, 02:33 PM.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Dallas better be interested.

Comment

i dont see the lions cutting rogers ive seen reports saying that marinelli refused to say that he wouldnt back and said he expected everyone back. If they get value then theyll move him but i would be very surprised if they cut him considering they dont have a replacement for him

Comment

Are you guys disappointed because he only had a career high 7 sacks last season? Or was it because he had his first INT return for TD? Could it be because he only had 3 Fumble Recoveries? Or did the 2 blocked kicks just put it over the top for you all? Was that the last straw?

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      Are you guys disappointed because he only had a career high 7 sacks last season? Or was it because he had his first INT return for TD? Could it be because he only had 3 Fumble Recoveries? Or did the 2 blocked kicks just put it over the top for you all? Was that the last straw?
                      The stats look good but they don't tell the whole story. Most of those numbers were generated in the 1st half when he was dominant for the most part. Once they were 6-2 and making a push for the playoffs, he disappeared in a big way. Remember when you guys came up here and pulled it out late...was he a factor at all in that game? or against the giants???

We've seen this movie many times and not to mention that he's been suspended also for violating the drug policy. I guess you could say that Marinelli going into 2007 looked at it as his make or break year. In the end he decided enough was enough.

Although If it was upto me, I'd waited till April to make this decision so that you can give him a final and ultimate chance to show his commitment to the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootland27 View Post
                        The stats look good but they don't tell the whole story. Most of those numbers were generated in the 1st half when he was dominant for the most part. Once they were 6-2 and making a push for the playoffs, he disappeared in a big way. Remember when you guys came up here and pulled it out late...was he a factor at all in that game? or against the giants???

We've seen this movie many times and not to mention that he's been suspended also for violating the drug policy. I guess you could say that Marinelli going into 2007 looked at it as his make or break year. In the end he decided enough was enough.

Although If it was upto me, I'd waited till April to make this decision so that you can give him a final and ultimate chance to show his commitment to the team.
                        I got an idea. Might sound dumb. Rotate him!

Comment

Yes because the Lions have never done that with him.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

rogers doesnt play close to every snap in a game he's to out of shape to do so. I want him to remain in detroit next year and the only way i want him moved is if we get good value for him the problem is that creates another hole on our defense. We'd be better off keeping him

Comment

Come on D-Unit.... don't stay dumb stuff like that. We rotated him already... but the fact he was so out of shape made it necessary to rotate him even more. You act like they just kept him out there all the time. Yeah right.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information