Secondary for 08

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary for 08

Okay so i think we all know that our secondary should have some form of a Gerald Alexander and Dan Bullocks safety look but last time I checked they both played free safety. Do you think Kenoy Kennedy comes back? And what about the clusterf**k at Cornerback? is this where we go at 15 overall?

Originally posted by ESimsfan87 View Post
    Okay so i think we all know that our secondary should have some form of a Gerald Alexander and Dan Bullocks safety look but last time I checked they both played free safety. Do you think Kenoy Kennedy comes back? And what about the clusterf**k at Cornerback? is this where we go at 15 overall?
    In the Tampa 2 Defense, you don't really have a FS and SS.. You pretty much just have two safeties; each one covering their half of the field. We don't need Kenoy to come back.. Bullocks and Alexander should take the safety spots.

Comment

I am listening to Valenti and Foster today and they say we could get pacman jones for a 5th rounder This allows us to go OT or ILB in round 1 and CB later in the draft. Any thoughts?
      Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
      oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

I really don't think the depth is there for a ILB in round 1 let alone at 15 overall. I was just looking at the rankings and Scott definitely made ILB really interesting... Connor and Wheeler ahead of Lofton and Mayo... We can get those guys in round 2 if need be. Pac Man would be interesting but believe me, if we didn't make a run at Tank Johnson, there's no way we go after Pac Man. Blame Marinelli...

Comment

No to Pac Man.. He isn't a Cover 2 fit at all.

Comment

So if you had to choose a CB at 15 and couldn't pick another position who are you picking? For me, I have a hard time picking amongst the players because I have hardly seen any of them on tv. Really only Mike Jenkins and Trae Williams from South Florida were on tv more than twice. I couldn't really get a read on Talib from KU. DRC looked kinda good during the Senior Bowl but obviously that's only one game and I never saw McKelvin play. Thoughts?

Comment

I'd take Aqib Talib at 15 if we had to pick a CB.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                I'd take Aqib Talib at 15 if we had to pick a CB.
                ditto woot
                Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                  ditto woot
                  Kiss me, you fool.

Comment

i want to take cason in round 2 or 3 depending on where his stock ends up he fits our defense and is good value if he falls into the second or third.

Comment

ESims: Just so you know, Jenkins is a horrible fit for the team. He isn't good in run support and has character issues. Marinelli will not draft him. The best 1st round CB is Talib (as stated above).

Originally posted by ESimsfan87
                      I really don't think the depth is there for a ILB in round 1 let alone at 15 overall.
                      If you're going off Scott's rankings, he disagrees with you.

Scott has Connor at 21 in his Top 100. If we're sitting at 15 and the coaches want a MLB, he's the one to take. I wont post his Strengths and Weaknesses again, but he's a perfect fit.
                      Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

: Just so you know, Jenkins is a horrible fit for the team. He isn't good in run support and has character issues. Marinelli will not draft him. The best 1st round CB is Talib (as stated above)
                        I wasn't saying I wanted Jenkins or Williams for that matter at 15 but just saying outside of Scott's scouting reports and a few games on tv that duo was the only I saw outside of Talib on tv because of all their small school status. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ESimsfan87 View Post
                          I wasn't saying I wanted Jenkins or Williams for that matter at 15 but just saying outside of Scott's scouting reports and a few games on tv that duo was the only I saw outside of Talib on tv because of all their small school status. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.
                          Oh... my bad for the misunderstanding.

I keep hearing Jenkins to Detroit at 15 (Scott's newest mock, to name one), and it drives me crazy. I guess that, whenever I see "Jenkins" and "15", I feel the need to say something.
                          Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                            In the Tampa 2 Defense, you don't really have a FS and SS.. You pretty much just have two safeties; each one covering their half of the field. We don't need Kenoy to come back.. Bullocks and Alexander should take the safety spots.
                            That's not really true. First of all you're assuming that the Tampa 2 is going to run an exclusively cover 2 set, which isn't the case. Also, even in the Cover 2 split, the strong safety still plays closer to the line and has more run-stop responsbilities at the snap.

I like Alexander at FS. Not crazy about Bullocks at SS but it could work assuming you get a little thicker up the middle (especially if you trade Rogers).

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

"Okay so i think we all know that our secondary should have some form of a Gerald Alexander and Dan Bullocks safety look but last time I checked they both played free safety."

yeah, that won't be an issue with this defense, and I'm pretty sure we drafted Bullocks to play SS anyway. We just also had Kennedy at the time

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information