Joe Thomas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Thomas

I just dont get the point of drafting a lineman, wasn't Jon Scott supposed to be the future at RT. Where would he go with Thomas here. Guard?

I personally dont think we should take him, and that we should address DE/MLB in the first but i think theyd probably try to move either scott or Backus into guard.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

Theres a great chance that the Lions WONT take Joe Thomas. They know that the Cards want him. So, by falling in love with him and claiming that he'll be the pick, they can force the Cards to trade up or "miss out".

Marinelli will be targeting a DE or MLB in the first round. If they can find a way to get Willis, they'll take him. If not, the pick will probably be Gaines Adams... if they feel he's worth it.
      Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Problem is that Thomas is the only guy we NEED that is worthy of the #2 pick. I wouldn't bet on a trade w/ Arizona, so Thomas is gonna be the pick in all likelyhood.

And I have no problem with that.

Jonathan Scott didn't prove much last season. People pegged him as the future RT starter, but I think that is a bit more optimistic than it is realistic. Scott could be a great backup for us, but did we really expect him to come in and be a starter? There is a reason that he fell to day two of the draft after all . . .
        R.I.P. L.E.F.
        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
          Problem is that Thomas is the only guy we NEED that is worthy of the #2 pick. I wouldn't bet on a trade w/ Arizona, so Thomas is gonna be the pick in all likelyhood.

And I have no problem with that.

Jonathan Scott didn't prove much last season. People pegged him as the future RT starter, but I think that is a bit more optimistic than it is realistic. Scott could be a great backup for us, but did we really expect him to come in and be a starter? There is a reason that he fell to day two of the draft after all . . .
          Scott would be a good Guard. Especially if we dump fata$$ Woody with his hefty contract. I have no problem drafting Joe Thomas or trading down with AZ and grabbing Gaines Adams. Especially after the Combine both had. Joe Thomas just made his value go up forcing AZ to give up a little more for the #2 pick. And Gaines Adams proved he's worthy of the #5 overall pick.
          http://www.spox.com/de/sport/ussport...hwartz-514.jpg

"We got our Schwartz tangled"

Comment

IMO the Lions shouldnt address the OL, because then they would still have one of the worste OL's and i will continue to laugh at the fact the Backus is a starter.

LT - Joe Thomas
            LG - Jeff backus
            RT - Jon Scott

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
              IMO the Lions shouldnt address the OL, because then they would still have one of the worste OL's and i will continue to laugh at the fact the Backus is a starter.

LT - Joe Thomas
              LG - Jeff backus
              RT - Jon Scott
              If we drafted Thomas this is what I'd like to see happen, although I think Backus would be the second richest guard in football.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post

LT - Joe Thomas
                LG - Jeff backus
                RT - Jon Scott
                Millen has publicly stated that Joe Thomas would play Right Tackle to begin with if he is taken. And Backus would remain on the left side.

I just can't remember where I read that . . . probably on MLive.

Backus is far too expensive to be playing at OG.
                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                  Backus is far too expensive to be playing at OG.
                  And sucks too bad to play left tackle.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Yeah I could see Thomas at Right Tackle in his first year. Ogden played guard his first year before moving to left tackle. Not that I'm comparing the two. Give Thomas time to develop and Jonathan Scott another year to develop. Thomas will be the future at LT, but Backus will be here for at least two more years based on his cap status. Right Tackle and Left Guard have been huge holes on this team forever. Right Guard is becoming a problem with Woody under achieving and coming off a major injury. Maybe having Thomas at Right Tackle will help Woody.

Another possibility is get rid of Woody and sign the recently cut Adam Timmerman to play RG at a reasonable price of course. He is up there in age but would provide a short-term solution if they think he can still play.

Comment

I think Woody is definately cut.

Comment

I remember Jon Scott being a revolving door last year also. He could not handle Leonard Little.

Comment

Heres a note take from mlive.com:

(An aside here: At this point, I think the Lions would help themselves the most by taking tackle Joe Thomas, the second-best no-brainer in the draft. But you should know this -- the Lions aren't as concerned about their offensive line as you and I are. Sure, they'd like to upgrade it, but they don't think it's a ddesperate situation.)

I LOVE Marinelli! I can't wait to see who we draft... Willis or Adams?

Comment

They won't draft Willis at 2 no matter what.
                            "If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket View Post
                              They won't draft Willis at 2 no matter what.
                              Notice how I said "Willis or Adams"? They'll definately take Adams at #2, and, if they trade down, Willis becomes a huge option.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information