Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offer from Philly?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Offer from Philly?

    On 97.1 the ticket, Karsch and Anderson were talking about two different Philly sources citing that the Eagles had offered us a 4th rounder and Reggie Brown for Roy,Roy, Roy...


    So aside from the obvious no like aspect, what do you think about our first trade offer for either Roy or Big baby?

  • #2
    I'd shoot Millen if he made that trade

    A mediocre receiver and day 2 pick(wasted by Millen) for Roy. No thanks

    Comment


    • #3
      Make it Reggie Brown and a 2nd rounder and we have a deal.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

      Comment


      • #4
        I never thought about Philly as a Roy destination, but they could definitely use him. Horrible offer though.

        Comment


        • #5
          It makes no sense.....Trading Roy for another WR? We're better off just keeping him.

          Comment


          • #6
            I don't exactly understand the logic behind the offer, but if it has any legitimacy, that would be interesting. As an Eagles fan, I'd do it in a second.



            I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
              Make it Reggie Brown and a 2nd rounder and we have a deal.
              I agree that be much better then the original, but why even take another wr, id rather get a mid 1st for roy and get a defensive stud


              figure there will be more deals to come, even if you guys keep him





              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Who knows if the offer has any legitimacy at all? If anything, Detroit is making it public, so they can drive up the bidding from other teams.



                I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                Comment


                • #9
                  I absolutely hate the offer but if anything hopefully it can start a bidding war with a team who happens to be in the same division...has two first round draft picks...hmm...aging diva wr...got beat in a division game against the g-men even though they were supposed to win... no I have no idea what team it is.

                  Oh yeah- the Boys...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Whenever the Cowboys have a guy named Roy Williams on their team, he ends up playing crappy, but still gets overrated by idiots who don't understand the game...



                    I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      I agree that be much better then the original, but why even take another wr, id rather get a mid 1st for roy and get a defensive stud


                      figure there will be more deals to come, even if you guys keep him
                      It comes down to your opinion on how well Furrey and McDonald could perform outside of a Martz offense, and as #2/#3 receivers.

                      I am not optimistic about those guys performing well enough to not need another WR, but I would probably take a defensive stud over Roy at this point.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.
                      "I am the one who knocks!"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        wow... Philly has lost it's mind, no way Roy comes that cheap.

                        Sig by Fenikz

                        I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It's not that bad an offer if you think about it. Not really "market value", but it's not attrocious. Reggie Brown is a solid #2 WR who could start and be productive for most NFL teams. He's only 24 or 25 and has more upside. He is also under a very reasonable contract through 2012 or so with no trade kicker (no extra cost). The Eagles eat most of the bonus cap hit for the Lions. They also have to bear the cost of signing Roy to a huge extension or new contract, which won't be cheap at all. Given those details and Roy's potential attitude issues, Philly is taking a lot of risk with its chemistry and cap room.



                          I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                            It's not that bad an offer if you think about it. Not really "market value", but it's not attrocious. Reggie Brown is a solid #2 WR who could start and be productive for most NFL teams. He's only 24 or 25 and has more upside. He is also under a very reasonable contract through 2012 or so with no trade kicker (no extra cost). The Eagles eat most of the bonus cap hit for the Lions. They also have to bear the cost of signing Roy to a huge extension or new contract, which won't be cheap at all. Given those details and Roy's potential attitude issues, Philly is taking a lot of risk with its chemistry and cap room.
                            dude reggie brown is 27

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              My mistake. He's still only a 4th year player and still has room to grow. He'll also come cheaper than Roy.



                              I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information