X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL.com's Charles Davis NFC North picks

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d806a7d2e

An interesting video, Davis has:

Packers select Malcolm Kelly, WR, to give Favre, who he thinks wil return, another toy.

Vikes select Dan Connor, ILB, saying he should play inside next to Greenway

Bears select Ryan Clady, OT for obvious reasons

most important for us of course: Lions select Rashard Mendenhall, RB his reasoning is the hiring of Colletto as OC dictates a re-commitment to the run, and that Kevin Jones just hasn't been healthy enough.

I can't fight the logic behind the pick, even though I do believe defense is the more concerning issue. However, I cannot disagree with the pick since I love Mendenhall's style.

What do you guys think?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Wha.. why would the Packers pick a Receiver in Round 1?? They've got Donald Driver, James Jones, and Greg Jennings. That is more than adequate. I wouldn't even consider that a Day One need.

On to the Lions though.. Eh, RB is a need.. I'd rather address it in Free Agency. If we don't, I still see Defense as our #1 Priority. Consider it in Round 2 if there's someone there, but I'd still rather draft Defense there too. I'd actually be cool with using TJ Duckett as our starter if we were able to draft someone like Chris Johnson in Round 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
      Wha.. why would the Packers pick a Receiver in Round 1?? They've got Donald Driver, James Jones, and Greg Jennings. That is more than adequate. I wouldn't even consider that a Day One need.

On to the Lions though.. Eh, RB is a need.. I'd rather address it in Free Agency. If we don't, I still see Defense as our #1 Priority. Consider it in Round 2 if there's someone there, but I'd still rather draft Defense there too. I'd actually be cool with using TJ Duckett as our starter if we were able to draft someone like Chris Johnson in Round 3.
      Well in order for Davis' prediction to pan out obviously the rest of the picks will have to be defensive. On the other hand I do think it's a viable option.

Mendenhall in the first, we'll get a late first/early second for Roy (if indeed he is traded) making room for an OLB like Henderson or even a pass-rushe like... I don't know anyone, but there's surely someone, like Calais maybe who'll fall a bit. Okay try this one on for size.

Dallas Cowboys trade first round pick (28th overall) to Detroit Lions for WR Roy Williams

1/15 Rashard Mendenhall
      1/28 Calais Campbell
      2/15 Erin Henderson
      3/15 Cason, King, Godfrey whoever falls

Lions trade Shaun Rogers' useless fat ass to some team in need of a fat idiot in the middle for a late third

3/late Some other corner.

Dang. RB, DE, OLB, CB, CB draft right there.

We won't be a viable .500 team next year, but who's expecting that ayways. We'll have an oppertunity to draft either OL or, if possible one of those two fantastic ILB talents (Maualugass and Laurinatitties)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

I lost any respect I had for Charles Davis when he said the Vikings should take Dan Connor to play MLB after E.J. Henderson had a great year.

I also don't see the packers taking Malcolm Kelly at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
          I lost any respect I had for Charles Davis when he said the Vikings should take Dan Connor to play MLB after E.J. Henderson had a great year.

I also don't see the packers taking Malcolm Kelly at all.
          his reasoning does make sense. Come draft day Connor at 17 might be considered a HUGE steal. I do think if he is the Lions will have picked him up at 15 before he falls to the Vikes.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Steal or not LB is one of the Vikings strongest units behind only RB. Greenway had a very good year at WOLB, E.J. Henderson had a monster year at MLB, and Ben Leber had a very good year too at SOLB. While I agree he will be gone before we pick I would be absolutly stunned if the vikings drafted him.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
              Steal or not LB is one of the Vikings strongest units behind only RB. Greenway had a very good year at WOLB, E.J. Henderson had a monster year at MLB, and Ben Leber had a very good year too at SOLB. While I agree he will be gone before we pick I would be absolutly stunned if the vikings drafted him.
              haha well I suppose safety, corner or wide receiver (especially WR) makes more sense.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

lol, is favre james bond? driver, jennings, jones, lee, koren robinson, i'm surprised he didn't say they might as well draft mendenhall to shore up that run game too.
                SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                  his reasoning does make sense. Come draft day Connor at 17 might be considered a HUGE steal. I do think if he is the Lions will have picked him up at 15 before he falls to the Vikes.
                  I wonder what Tactica thinks....

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by wingboy2999 View Post
                    probably something in the line of "Go Lions"

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                      probably something in the line of "Go Lions"
                      I wonder if that is true.... hmmm.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

He would probably, in a round-about way, make a comment about D-Unit being a moron.

[oh wait, he already did that, lol]
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.
                        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Imagine a LB group of ESims and DConnor.. SICK.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                            He would probably, in a round-about way, make a comment about D-Unit being a moron.

[oh wait, he already did that, lol]
                            he's feelin' the pressure now, looking to repeat that feat.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

I wouldnt be shocked if the lions ended up with McFadden. First and used the rest of the draft to draft defense

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information